King's Wharf

travelquick

There is so much to do in Bermuda. The nice thing is that everything can be done on your own safely with a little planning. Since there is no rush to head back to the ship you have no worries about returning by a certain time. The ship for us becomes a floating hotel. Research what Bermuda has to offer, and you may find that 3 days isn't enough. The bus and ferry system can be used to visit the fabulous beaches, the historic town of St. George, or the shopping district of Hamilton.

Out of my 14 years cruising I have NEVER sailed to just one location. :confused: I wanna know how does this go? Does the ship just dock next to the island, what can you really do in 1 location?

Well, if you check the BERMUDA port of call board there will be an OVERABUNDANCE of information on where to go what to see and how to schedule your time and some fantastic walking/bus/ferry directions on how to see all that Bermuda offers!! :D

I love Bermuda and can't wait to go back for the 3rd time! It's beautiful and I feel safe taking a bus anywhere. The people are great and always helpful. They have plenty of beaches...shopping...museums....zoo/aquarium..caves..restaurants...golf....snorkeling....

The ship docks at the dockyard and remains there the whole time.you can come and go as you please.

There is so much to do in Bermuda. The nice thing is that everything can be done on your own safely with a little planning. Since there is no rush to head back to the ship you have no worries about returning by a certain time. The ship for us becomes a floating hotel. Research what Bermuda has to offer, and you may find that 3 days isn't enough. The bus and ferry system can be used to visit the fabulous beaches, the historic town of St. George, or the shopping district of Hamilton.

Agree...also get the bus and ferry pass for the 3 days. You will want to go back to do alot of stuff you didn't get to do in those 3 days.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Really people..that much to do? wow :p

But does anyone miss falling asleep to the ship swaying in the water :D

Not really!! I seem to get very motion sick when the boat is swaying!!! :)

Edited by MCAT48

We were in Bermuda this past July on RCL - only a day and 1/2. And to be honest another night might be too much for us.

I can't lay out in the sun anymore :-(

Hamilton isn't that big of a deal really.

Dockyard is Meh.

Maybe go to St. George on the ferry? We don't snorkle, etc. so what else is there for us???

Out of my 14 years cruising I have NEVER sailed to just one location. :confused: I wanna know how does this go? Does the ship just dock next to the island, what can you really do in 1 location?

Instead of a NEW island each day, you have the same one. Keep in mind that lots of people go to Bermuda for a week vacation and stay in a hotel. You just happen to take yours with you.

Apparently it is working well. Multiple ships are doing this every week.

We were in Bermuda this past July on RCL - only a day and 1/2. And to be honest another night might be too much for us.

I can't lay out in the sun anymore :-(

Hamilton isn't that big of a deal really.

Dockyard is Meh.

Maybe go to St. George on the ferry? We don't snorkle, etc. so what else is there for us???

Here's a list of some of the things you can do in Bermuda:

Along the South Shore about 30 minutes from Hamilton and 30 minutes from the Dockyard:

• go to the beach, most popular -
    (#7);
  • walk the beach path that connects 5 beaches, start at Horseshoe, end at Warwick Bay (#7);
  • go horseback riding on trails (#8);
  • climb a lighthouse - Gibbs L/H (#7),
  • off the beach snorkeling at
    (not protected), near Horseshoe Bay;

Hamilton, at or nearby:

At or near St George or convenient to when visiting there:

At or near the Dockyard:

Close to the Dockyard but not within walking distance:

Not close to any of the above:

The number (##) following some of the attractions is the bus route that the attraction is closest to.

SBtS

Here's a list of some of the things you can do in Bermuda:

Along the South Shore about 30 minutes from Hamilton and 30 minutes from the Dockyard:

• go to the beach, most popular -
    (#7);
  • walk the beach path that connects 5 beaches, start at Horseshoe, end at Warwick Bay (#7);
  • go horseback riding on trails (#8);
  • climb a lighthouse - Gibbs L/H (#7),
  • off the beach snorkeling at
    (not protected), near Horseshoe Bay;

Hamilton, at or nearby:

At or near St George or convenient to when visiting there:

At or near the Dockyard:

Close to the Dockyard but not within walking distance:

Not close to any of the above:

The number (##) following some of the attractions is the bus route that the attraction is closest to.

SBtS

:eek: Awesome information!! Saving this for my upcoming Bermuda trip!! 1st timer here!

3 days was not enough time! Buy the 3 day bus/ferry pass and explore on your own...no need to do expensive excursions because you don't have to worry about something happening and missing the ship. It was great to come and go as we pleased!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

SailBadtheSinner..thank you for all your great posts. I have a question for you. I love fish n chips (the fattening kind, poofy and crunchy batter), in your opinion who would have the best....Flannagans, Hog n Penny, one of the Pickled Resturants or the Swizzler Inn #2. Thank you.

SailBadtheSinner..thank you for all your great posts. I have a question for you. I love fish n chips (the fattening kind, poofy and crunchy batter), in your opinion who would have the best....Flannagans, Hog n Penny, one of the Pickled Resturants or the Swizzler Inn #2. Thank you.

Had them at the Frog and Onion, they were OK. But for 25 bucks I've had much better

http://www.frogandonion.bm/dinner.html

Out of what you'd listed I'd vote Hog Penny. Better than the Swizzle Inn for food (although I do love the rum Swizzles at the Swizzle Inn!).

Had them at the Frog and Onion, they were OK. But for 25 bucks I've had much better

http://www.frogandonion.bm/dinner.html

If I had one choose of places to eat,,, Flannagans,,, I was at the Frog in Aug,, the service was poor and the 17% added to te check did not make me happy. As I was leaving I told the Manager that the service wasn't worth the 17%,,, he said / did nothing.

Now I want to say, I did email the Frog and was given a sorry and the offer of free meal on my next trip.