Yet another upgrade question

Ok, probably been covered before.... Sorry.

When you have "automatic upgrade" selected in your C&A profile, do they contact you first, or are you upgraded with no choice? Location and cabin may be a consideration. Can you refuse an upgrade and keep your original cabin?

If you have automatic upgrade, they will upgrade you without notification. Once you've been upgraded, your original stateroom is probably gone pretty quick.

I wish there was a clear selection on the website that said, "I would love an upgrade, but please call me first", but there's not. You can however call C&A and have them set this option on your profile.

If you have automatic upgrade, they will upgrade you without notification. Once you've been upgraded, your original stateroom is probably gone pretty quick.

I wish there was a clear selection on the website that said, "I would love an upgrade, but please call me first", but there's not. You can however call C&A and have them set this option on your profile.

I'll second that Bob. We called C and A to set the preference to automatic but call us first but only want it that way for this next cruise.

Should I call them to have the automatic upgrade put back on after this cruise or do you think I can just reset it in my online profile? Thanks

I'll second that Bob. We called C and A to set the preference to automatic but call us first but only want it that way for this next cruise.

Should I call them to have the automatic upgrade put back on after this cruise or do you think I can just reset it in my online profile? Thanks

I think you can reset your profile yourself. However, if you want to go back to the "call me first" option, you have to call C&A again.

I'd like that explicit option, too. Recently I called the D+ desk to make a few adjustments and for help with that exact upgrade issue. The agent took care of everything. While he did so, he said if a guest marks "I would like an upgrade but have restrictions" and does not check one of the specific listed restrictions, that a call would be made before an upgrade.

I hope he is correct, as sometimes I'd like to be able to just check the box, particular if I am far from home with internet but no convenient phone service (like on a ship). I hope C&A does not see that phone request (or vague restriction mark) and skip over us. Maybe it does not matter much; I do not really expect any upgrades anyway. I just made D+ and I know there are many above me.

We were called on when we sailed the Freedom of the Seas for an upgrade from a Grand to Owners.....only it wasnt for "Free" There was a fee attached.

We declined.

We have that little box checked for an upgrade.

I guess if they upgrade you for no fee involved you just find it on your profile.

Whatever

Sea Ya

I'd like that explicit option, too. Recently I called the D+ desk to make a few adjustments and for help with that exact upgrade issue. The agent took care of everything. While he did so, he said if a guest marks "I would like an upgrade but have restrictions" and does not check one of the specific listed restrictions, that a call would be made before an upgrade.

I hope he is correct, as sometimes I'd like to be able to just check the box, particular if I am far from home with internet but no convenient phone service (like on a ship). I hope C&A does not see that phone request (or vague restriction mark) and skip over us. Maybe it does not matter much; I do not really expect any upgrades anyway. I just made D+ and I know there are many above me.

Maybe they have fixed the website, but the last time I tried what you describe, I could not save my choice without checking one of the restriction boxes. That could only be done by a call to C&A.

I'd test it, but I'm afraid to mess with it at this point because I have some cruises coming up and with my luck they would look at my profile while it's messed up and "upgrade" us to something we don't want.

Maybe they have fixed the website, but the last time I tried what you describe, I could not save my choice without checking one of the restriction boxes. That could only be done by a call to C&A.

I'd test it, but I'm afraid to mess with it at this point because I have some cruises coming up and with my luck they would look at my profile while it's messed up and "upgrade" us to something we don't want.

Interesting. For the same reason, I'm not going to test it on my profile either.

It looks like alot more people are optimistic about getting an upgrade than I thought. I've done four cruises with RCL with zero upgrades. I've done eleven cruises with their sister line, Celebrity and gotten three upgrades. All three were when I booked a guaranty, but they were all within the category I booked such as an A2 or B2.

Conversly, I've booked three cruises with Princess, and gotten three upgrades. I've booked nine with HAL and gotten seven upgrades.

Overall, I think upgrades are overated,though I've read about some fantastic ones.

Upgrades or not, Celebrity and Royal are our favorites but we'll go with whoever has the best deal to where we want to go.

Ok, probably been covered before.... Sorry.

When you have "automatic upgrade" selected in your C&A profile, do they contact you first, or are you upgraded with no choice? Location and cabin may be a consideration. Can you refuse an upgrade and keep your original cabin?

We're on record for an automatic upgrade, but we've had it happen both ways. We got a call offering us an upgrade on Grandeur (the day before the fire!), and another time we found that we had an upgrade on Allure when we checked in. I'd never refuse an upgrade!

Archived