Allure 8/18/13 - Eastbound & Down: A Composition of Photos and Other Trip Details

KGSB11

I'm in total agreement about Nassau.

Ick.:rolleyes: I don't know why they keep it on the itinerary. I know Oasis class can only go to certain stops, but still!!

I think this was my fifth visit to Nassau - or rather docking at Nassau.

The past few times i haven't gotten off the ship.

But this time we did something that's really nice to do and worth the effort of getting off the ship - The Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.

DD, DSIL, DH and i all did it and had a wonderful time!! We thought it was very well run and worth the money!

Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed our time in Nassau...we just found that aside from Atlantis, there is plenty of time to do what you want to do and still have a good time -- I would assume that those people who enjoy Atlantis would wish to stay longer!

Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed our time in Nassau...we just found that aside from Atlantis, there is plenty of time to do what you want to do and still have a good time -- I would assume that those people who enjoy Atlantis would wish to stay longer!

we went to atlantis the first time we docked at nassau..

we swam in the pools/did the slides..

while it was fun, it was very expensive, especially given how few hours we were there (this was on disney, when i think all aboard was 4:30)..

it wasn't anything i was interested in repeating....especially given the cost..

i was going to stay on the ship this time, but DD and DSIL signed up for the blue lagoon dolphin swim (not the one at atlantis, the one at blue lagoon)...

so DH and i decided to try it as well.

we really really enjoyed it and thought it was really well run.

Blue lagoon island itself is very nice and probably worth a visit for anyone who just likes beaches....

but it's especially worth while for the dolphin swim!!!

Once we shook out the glaze that had formed on our eyes from admiring the Royal Promenade, we made it up to Central Park for lunch at Giovanni’s Table. This lunch was well worth the $15pp charge – Here is a link to the menu posted by Familygoboston http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38152637&postcount=23

We had the Antipasti per Due, Lasagna Tradizionale, and the Gamberoni al Forno – Also tried their cannolis and the chocolate hazelnut fudge cake…the cake was the winner in that head-to-head matchup.

Another thanks to Familygoboston for the Giovanni's tip!

So, here is another tip...be sure to review ALL YOUR NOTES before posting in a review. I just noticed that although it is stated that Giovanni's Table is $15pp for lunch, we paid only $10pp for this fabulous lunch!

I don't know if they have changed the lunch price or if it is a Embarkation Special. :cool:

So, here is another tip...be sure to review ALL YOUR NOTES before posting in a review. I just noticed that although it is stated that Giovanni's Table is $15pp for lunch, we paid only $10pp for this fabulous lunch!

I don't know if they have changed the lunch price or if it is a Embarkation Special. :cool:

Loving your review! Thanks for the 'tip' about eating at Giovanni's on boarding day (it is now another one of those CC secrets that only we know about...:cool:). Would you recommend booking or could you just turn up?

Thanks for the tip for lunch!

LOL @ "review all your notes". I can only imagine the magnitude of this project! Thanks for all your hard work! I am loving it. Your humor & writing style is very enjoyable!

I board the Allure in 4 1/2 days. This has been such a fun read as I anticipate my departure! Also, I too am a beach bag/tote lover! :) Your wife has great taste! :D

Loving your review! Thanks for the 'tip' about eating at Giovanni's on boarding day (it is now another one of those CC secrets that only we know about...:cool:). Would you recommend booking or could you just turn up?

I would recommend just turn up. We were the only people eating there for lunch with the exception of a few B2B couples that had a snack special; so it may be best to keep your options open in case something else comes up.

Also, if you make a reservation ahead of time, you may pay full-price ($15pp) whereas I was able to eat for $10pp -- this may be a mistake on their part, but it is worth a try! :D

Edited by KGSB11

Thanks for the tip for lunch!

LOL @ "review all your notes". I can only imagine the magnitude of this project! Thanks for all your hard work! I am loving it. Your humor & writing style is very enjoyable!

I board the Allure in 4 1/2 days. This has been such a fun read as I anticipate my departure! Also, I too am a beach bag/tote lover! :) Your wife has great taste! :D

I hope that I can get through it before you sailaway! And thank you for your compliments.

Hi all!

KGSB11 ~ loving your review & pictures especially since I'll be going on Allure in 61 more days! What is the name of the app please that records

the distance you walked?

~ Jo ~ :)

Thank you, regarding the app, I use Accupedo. I know it is available on Android, but I have no idea on the availability on iTunes.

I like it because you can calibrate it to your individual step length and sensitivity -- makes for much more accurate measurements compared to the standard "clip-on" one-size fits all pedometers.

Bob, i'm loving reliving our cruise through your review!!

as always i LOVE your writing style!!! you're a hoot!!!! :)

i'd like to add to anyone who hasn't met you, you're just as nice in person as in writing. And you have a super sweet and adorable wife!!!!! And a lucky one to be married to a planner who takes care of everything!!!!!! :)

regarding My Time Dining - i reserved all our dining times in advance. After i set our schedule (shows, games, etc) i figured out how MTD could fit in.

It turned out that 6 PM worked every night, so i booked the same time every night. As a result, we had the same table and same servers every night. It worked out really well! Even on the night that we ended up being about a half hour late.

We also were scheduled for the second show of OceanAria on Sunday, but i ended up crashing in the room before it started. ("i'm ssoooooooo tired....i have to sleeeeepppppppppp"....and then i was asleep)..

the rest of the family went and LOVED it. I saw it the next night. DH and i waited in the standby line and ended up sitting in the VIP seats, which are opened up at the same time as the standby line. It worked out great!

just coming back to add that i like your spreadsheet better than mine - so i'm going to steal it for our next cruise!! ;)

Thank you Beth for such nice comments - it was a pleasure to meet you and your family as well.

If you would like I can include the actual file so you don't have to re-create it. Just let me know! :D

Bob, what a wonderful review. I love the Allure of the Seas. Cannot wait to be on its sister ship next May 2014 (again). I need a cruise! :p

Thank you for the compliment!

Nice review so far...subscribing for the rest as we are going to be on Allure B2B in Jan/Feb 2014.

Awesome! Thanks for following along on my endeavour...I'm sure being a B2B qualifies you for more discounts/freebies, but I know Giovanni's Table offers something special to B2B's on turnaround day. :cool:

What a great review!!!! Can't wait for the rest!!!

My husband and i will be on the Allure in January for a b2b sailing...soooo excited. It will be our second time on board.

My thoughts are the same on Nassau, not much time, but not much to do...although this year we found a tour called Tru Bahamian Food Tours that we are super excited about. It is a 3 hour walking tour with stops at 7 local specialty food stores/eateries that is supposed to let you experience authentic foods. I have been dealing with the company through email and they are absolutely wonderful! Can't wait!!

Brenna

If you would like I can include the actual file so you don't have to re-create it. Just let me know! :D

Bob,

I would LOVE it if you could include the actual file. We are heading out on Allure at the end of April, and like you, I LOVE the planning part of a vacation almost as much as the vacation itself!! :D

Hi there, I went on Oasis last December for the western itinerary and I wanted to know a little bit more about the Eastern cruise for Oasis and Allure.

I loved my first cruise so much, that I'm really tempted to go back... In fact I've been tempted since I came back!

Your review is really good and I will be following it! :)

Sorry folks for the apparent leave of absence! I will get started on posting Day 3 shortly.

I have figured out a work-around for the Google Photos issue, albeit still not as easy as before, but much better than what I initially found -- plus this saves the hassle of having to move everything! :eek:

So I had a scare this weekend when my cell-phone (a.k.a. Where all my notes for the cruise are stored) broke on me -- rather, I should say I broke it :rolleyes: -- but those are details which I care not to discuss henceforth! All you need to know is that I THANKFULLY was able to recover my photos/data/contacts and most importantly CRUISE NOTES from the internal memory whist it lay in despair.

Actual Photo -- Not a Dramatization :o

phone.jpg

Bob,

I would LOVE it if you could include the actual file. We are heading out on Allure at the end of April, and like you, I LOVE the planning part of a vacation almost as much as the vacation itself!! :D

Oh wow, could you send me the actual file? Debjoisme@hotmail.com, what a neat file!!!! I am the planner in our family :)

Attached is a 'blank' copy of the Countdown Planner Sheet. In order to set the countdown, scroll to the right to cell columns AC & AD -- Here you enter the date and time of the flight/cruise departure

TRAVEL ALERT: For accuracy, be sure to convert the cruise time into your local time-zone.

Because Microsoft Excel does not have any "real-time" updating capabilities, the countdown will not "tick" down, but will update anytime a cell is changed -- a quick strike of the "delete" key on an empty cell is sufficient.

RCCL_Cruise_Planner.xls