Allure 8/18/13 - Eastbound & Down: A Composition of Photos and Other Trip Details

KGSB11

Okay...so we have three days left of cruising to go over and 6 days left before I look ridiculous stretching this thing out into October...Okay so it ended up being much more work than I originally anticipated :eek:. But it has been fun reviewing this fantastic cruise along with all of you -- We will review St. Maarten today and then the last two sea days by the end of the week for sure!!!

Thank you all for your support and patience!

Just found your review and am enjoying it, we will be on Allure July 2014.

Question about Emerald Beach in St. Thomas. Where did you enter, at a hotel? Which one. Also, were there sailboat or jet ski rentals there?

Thanx for the good review, very helpful.

Just found your review and am enjoying it, we will be on Allure July 2014.

Question about Emerald Beach in St. Thomas. Where did you enter, at a hotel? Which one. Also, were there sailboat or jet ski rentals there?

Thanx for the good review, very helpful.

The taxi will drop you off in front of the Best Western Emerald Beach Resort; you do not go through the hotel, but there is a sidewalk which leads right to the beach.

There is a jet-ski tour which is offered via the hotel: emeraldbeach "dot" com/watersports.htm -- there also seemed to be an independent company nearby that also rented jet-skis for more recreational use, though I can't remember the name.

I did not see any sailboats nor rentals for sailboats.

Thoroughly enjoying your review and the crash course of sorts on Allure/RCI cruising I'm getting. Thanks for all the time & effort in such a detailed review! I've done maaaaany of these sorts of things (different website, different travel &/or cruise line) and know exactly how much time & effort goes into them. Sooooo helpful for the confused...like me! Quick question for ya: exactly how & when do you go about signing up for the mojito class thing? Do you do that ahead of time somewhere? Just show up early & hope there's still room? Want to make sure we don't miss out because we don't know how the details work on a different cruise line than we're used to. TIA! :)

Edited by sweetpee_1993

Enjoying your review. Wondering if the kids clubs are open the first night. Were they on your cruise?

I am getting ready to go on the Allure in November and from reading all the Allure threads, I believe some recently posted that the Kids Clubs don't open til day 2.

• 3 weeks later...
Bob, Come back! Or, are you out on another cruise?

I know! I really was enjoying this review and looking forward to the rest!!! Where are you???

Thank you for your kind thoughts...and for calling me out on my neglect :o

I wish I was cruising, but that will have to wait until April!

My work is in its busy season right now and it is quite a learning experience the first time around!

I haven't forgot about my CruiseCritic friends, but I will do my best to wrap up the last days soon!

• 2 months later...
Attached is a 'blank' copy of the Countdown Planner Sheet. In order to set the countdown, scroll to the right to cell columns AC & AD -- Here you enter the date and time of the flight/cruise departure

TRAVEL ALERT: For accuracy, be sure to convert the cruise time into your local time-zone.

Because Microsoft Excel does not have any "real-time" updating capabilities, the countdown will not "tick" down, but will update anytime a cell is changed -- a quick strike of the "delete" key on an empty cell is sufficient.

Thank you so much. Saves me from having to make my own!!

• 3 months later...

HI!!

long time no post :)

you'll never believe it, but i've been writing a mini-review on a different board (a British Disney related board)..

anyway, i was copying your cruise compasses, when i came to the end and found that you never posted friday and saturday!!! oh oh....

i wonder if someone else from our cruise posted them...(i didn't save ours)

anyway...how are you doing?

have you been on another cruise?

have another one planned?

we'd like to do another one, but we're trying to save up for a big family trip to WDW in 2018. It's so costly for all of us to go (flights, hotels, entrance, food) for so many people, it will take us a few years to save up.

Maybe at that time, we'll throw in a cruise to top off the fun :)

Edited by alaska_planner