Asia Itineraries - Say It Isn't So!

kccrzr

I have been eagerly awaiting the opening of Asia itineraries for the summer of 2014. Today, the calendar actually showed there were some sailings but when I checked there were only a small handful all in September 2014 which could be booked and none were overly exciting. 4-1/2 pages of sailings were short duration trips which all showed N/A. I certainly hope this is not all of the Asia itineraries. We were hoping for a longer trip with stops in Vietnam and Thailand.

[B]Possibly not the whole schedule is showing and been determined yet by RCI. Many times the case when so many NA's are showing..[/B]

[B]We also waited at one time for the Asia cruises to be posted....but then once they were we actually realized a land only tour would be best. [/B]

[B]We ended up doing a combination of Beijing, Xi'an & Shanghai..one of the best decisions we could have made and very budget friendly...An amazing trip !![/B]

Hi
I messaged RC yesterday asking when they would put the Asia cruises into their Calendar and they said that over the next 2 weeks at a minimum they would start to release the dates and then today they have the cruises on there until November. Hoping they have more to add soon

:)

We did a repositioning 14 day cruise from Beijing to Singapore last October and it was amazing! The crew and fellow passengers were wonderful. We loved the ports!
Beware, however, of the short cruises based mostly from China. We were told many interesting stories from the crew about the Chinese immersion cruises and you might not enjoy them. Suffice to say that the crew were very happy when the Chinese immersion cruises were over. Read the member reviews of this area and you will get an idea!

[quote name='wolfegizmo']We did a repositioning 14 day cruise from Beijing to Singapore last October and it was amazing! The crew and fellow passengers were wonderful. We loved the ports!
Beware, however, of the short cruises based mostly from China. We were told many interesting stories from the crew about the Chinese immersion cruises and you might not enjoy them. Suffice to say that the crew were very happy when the Chinese immersion cruises were over. Read the member reviews of this area and you will get an idea![/QUOTE]

Yups.

Beware of cruises that begin and end in China.

Don't say I didn't warn you guys..............................

• 1 year later...
[quote name='Iluvcruising2']Yups.

Beware of cruises that begin and end in China.

Don't say I didn't warn you guys..............................[/QUOTE]

Hi there, can you give more details? Point us at some specific posts? We are about to book a round trip on the Quantum from Beijing to Nagasaki and Busan. We have no qualms about a large Chinese contingent, however your "warning" seems a little xenophobic?

What are the warnings we need to heed?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for responding. I am just concerned that we need to be "warned" about China departures!

I am searching out the various reviews though there are much fewer of the Asia itineraries.

Due to family and school holiday constraints our only real choice is the Quantum departing Beijing on the 27th October, I am quite happy - being of the school that you can't comment until you have tried it!

Regards

Alex