Adult Comedy Show

coho ken

On the Glory last year, they were turning kids away at the door even though they were with their parents. On the Pride a few weeks ago, it wasn't as enforced. There were a group of girls with an older couple and they looked really young. Definitely not 18. The adult shows are just that, adult. You are the parent so if you're okay with the crude language and the sometimes extremely sexual comedy, more power to you.

One on cruise where our daughter was 17 they didn't ID and she went with us and her 18 yr. old best friend. Then we took her on her senior cruise and left on her 18th birthday. First show they didn't ID but the next night the assistant cruise director came over and asked to see her ID. She gave him her sail and sign and he took it to the computer to check her age. He came back and told her Happy Birthday :)

Melissa

On our Paradise cruise a few weeks ago, their were 2 boys, about 9 & 11 (guessing) sitting in the seats in front of there parents during the adult comedy show. I was very upset as the comedian was very raunchy and these boys were aloud to sit through it. Someone approached them, and the boys pointed to two adults, half asleep in the booth, but nothing was ever done and they were aloud to stay. So, to answer your question, I would think your son would be allowed to stay.

I would question yourself, how comfortable are you with the sexual content in front of your child. Then question whether your child is comfortable with the sexual conversation in front of you. Your child sitting with a bunch of friends might be okay but maybe not in front of Mom and Dad.

They may not check, but they might. They sometimes do. I am an adult who has gone on cruises with my parents. I have gone to some of the adult comedy shows, and so have my parents. Sometimes, we happened to go to the same one and didn't know it, because we won't go to shows like that together. If you do all go together, someone will probably be very uncomfortable. You may be a unique family that's comfortable in that kind of raunchy environment together for all I know, but if not, it's probably not a great idea. Just let the 17-year old know that he/she is not missing much. The jokes aren't very clever or funny in reality.

Does anyone think in this day and age that kids of any age do not hear this stuff although a little embarrassing with the parents.

I don't think that, ... but I would not be comfortable sitting with my underage child (or yours) listening to some of the 'jokes'.

Kids also drink before their time, ... but mine won't be doing that with me either.

Why do some parents push their 'children' into the adult world before their time?

I would have DIED had I sat next to my parents during one of those adult comedy shows. I might still be a little embarrassed if my dad were there... and I'm 53! I find those shows hilarious and there is nothing in them your 17 year old isn't aware of already... but attending them together might be a little uncomfortable.

Does anyone think in this day and age that kids of any age do not hear this stuff although a little embarrassing with the parents.

Of course they hear it. But if you've ever watched TV with your daughter and her boyfriend when a commercial for some type of personal product such as panty liners or vaginal cream comes on you discover what uncomfortable is.

I notice a lot of people saying "they don't check ID's"...well, maybe not on your cruise, but my last 2...they did! We saw a lot of kids being turned away, one family tried fighting about saying "this is ridiculous" lol (read dude...nobody under 18). Its a crap shoot...sometimes they ID, sometimes they don't. How comfortable are you with this comedian saying the F word every other word, talking about sex over and over with your child in the room. If you or anybody in your family gets offended...DONT GO! im tired of people complaining that they were offended and something needs to be done....DONT GO THEN!! you can try..good luck!

Halfway through the adult comedy show on Conquest last week, a mother brought in her two boys who looked to be about 10 and 12. The place was packed with so many of us standing, I doubt a Carnival employee even saw them so I don't know if they would have made an issue of it or not. I didn't find the comedian very funny and the jokes were extremely ADULT ONLY. Why on earth would any parent bring a child to an adult comedy show? It was uncomfortable for those of us around them!

My DD, who turns 17 next month, asked if she could go to the Love and Marriage show. I told her that Carnival specifies she be 18 to attend and she wasn't allowed to go. Do I think it's stuff she hasn't heard before? No. Do I care? No. Our "host" asked us to comply with their request and that is what I'm teaching my child to do.

Of course they hear it. But if you've ever watched TV with your daughter and her boyfriend when a commercial for some type of personal product such as panty liners or vaginal cream comes on you discover what uncomfortable is.

We would NOT bring an under age child to the Adult Comedy Show.

There needs to be some rights of passage...LOL

Attending with adult children....not a big deal though.

Fortunately, we have a home full of humor and they know by adulthood that some people think raunchy jokes are funny!

Not us, but others deal with sexuality the only way they know how, with humor.

However, when our daughters were old enough to have a boyfriend visit in our home, we were W A Y past being uncomfortable with commercials for everyday gender specific products.

They would both know these as just that...part of life and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about.

Any questions about these type of products were answered many years before.

Edited by silvercrikhix