Just got off the Westerdam! Wonderful cruise!

ksc1984

My husband, 29 year old daughter and I just returned from the Westerdam and I can report that it was a great trip! The ship was fabulous and the crew did not disappoint. It was my daughter's first cruise and she was smiling the whole way. We had good weather as well, never below 60 and only a little rain here and there. Lots of fog though.

We dined in the Lido most of the time, as is our custom, and the food was very good. But near the end of the cruise, the service got a little lax and many of the dining staff seemed to have disappeared. And a word of warning.. the Lido is very busy when there is an early-ending port day. When we got back on board in Ketchikan, Lido was full and chaotic, maybe because by that time the Vista was closed.

We wanted to do the ship tour, but it was during the Ketchikan stop and we did not want to miss the port call. Last I heard they did not have the required 6 people to hold the tour.

We have been to Alaska 3 times on HA and usually prefer the smaller ships. We picked the Westerdam because we thought there would be more for our daughter to enjoy. We made a good choice and we loved the SY, which had plenty of room for the 3 of us.

Archived