MS Royal Princess Review: Hits & Misses

stevenr597

I promise, I promise, I will. We've been on lots of RC cruises, so eventually we'll get around to one of these ships too.

Just been given 14 days of cruise compass from independance of the seas, to be honest ifyou didnt want to go to the theatre, i couldnt see what there was to do in the evenings.

Hi Pia,

Here's a post from my Ruby Princess thread were I described my cost comparison between Allure of the Seas and Ruby Princess. It is a premium paid, but in my eyes so worth it. I would have done two weeks on Allure but it was more than I could afford! ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37117914&postcount=92

Thank you for posting this link. I found it really interesting. I have thought about cruising the Allure or Oasis but had some concerns. Your thoughts made me think again about trying one of these ships. It's been a long time since I have cruised Royal Caribbean. I did love my cruises on RCL.

Thank you for posting this link. I found it really interesting. I have thought about cruising the Allure or Oasis but had some concerns. Your thoughts made me think again about trying one of these ships. It's been a long time since I have cruised Royal Caribbean. I did love my cruises on RCL.

Check out THIS link that's also in my signature of the photo tour. There are plenty of additional comments and a LOT of pictures and videos that I took during that week. It is an amazing ship as I'm sure Royal Princess will be, I just have to keep in mind not to try and compare ships any more. That's what got me in trouble the last time, lol. ;) Each ship should be judged on it's own merits and of what value it offers that perspective passenger.

I am looking at the Royal deck plans and there doesn't seem to be an outside Promenade deck that outlines the entire ship. I like the Princess ships where you can walk the entire circumference of the ship on decks 7 (and deck 8 in the front). Has anyone who has cruised on Royal missed this feature?

I am looking at the Royal deck plans and there doesn't seem to be an outside Promenade deck that outlines the entire ship. I like the Princess ships where you can walk the entire circumference of the ship on decks 7 (and deck 8 in the front). Has anyone who has cruised on Royal missed this feature?

Wow...it was there when I cruised in the Royal! ...just kidding...it is only a partial outside deck, parts of it with lounge chairs and some tables and chairs. It is definitely not a walking deck, just someplace to go out for a breath of fresh air!

Archived