Got Bit By the Cruising Bug...

Charlie'sPet

Now I'm thinking about cancelling my Florida theme park vacation for my birthday in February and do a Caribbean cruise instead. I've never been to any of the islands.

I really like the itinerary for the Eurodam. I believe it goes to Turks/Caicos, Puerto Rico and St. Thomas. Is this a nice ship? Is the weather nice that time of year? Are the ports decent?

This will only be my 2nd time cruising and planning on going solo.

Any advice would be helpful...thanks! ;)

I've been on that cruise on the Eurodam and loved it. The Eurodam is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. I liked it so much I'm on the 11/24/13 Eurodam cruise. I really enjoyed St. Thomas and Puerto Rico. You will not regret this choice.

The Eurodam is a very nice ship.

Is it possible for you to do a 10 day cruise?

The Zuiderdam does 10 and 11 day cruises round trip out of Ft Lauderdale which gives you more ports and an introduction to the Panama Canal by going through the Gatun Locks.

Yes it is! I will look into that. Thanks!

The Zuiderdam does 10 and 11 day cruises round trip out of Ft Lauderdale which gives you more ports and an introduction to the Panama Canal by going through the Gatun Locks.

Agree with KK. We've done the Zuiderdam 10-day and loved it!!:)

The longer the cruise the better.:D:D

Eurodam is a great ship. You'll really fall in love with Grand Turk. Very nice port area developed by Carnival. We'd like to get back there someday.

different strokes;) I look for itineraries without this man made stop;) once was enough.

The Zuiderdam's Panama Canal is very nice op - so is a nice 10 or 14 day that includes Puerto Rico. If you enjoy walking - you can walk to the forts.

If you do have it as a port - make sure you are out and about for sail away and sail in. El Morro is very beautiful as is the scenery as you approach/leave:)

Eurodam great ship. Be sure to try Tamarind. Wonderful! We sailed this itinerary last April. Have you considered asking HA to match you with a roommate? Or can you talk a friend into sailing with you? Certainly would be cheaper with 2 in the cabin, if price is an issue.

One of the best holiday we had was a week at Disney World, then we drove to Ft. Lauderdale to catch a ship for a 7-day cruise. Just lovely.

Now I'm thinking about cancelling my Florida theme park vacation for my birthday in February and do a Caribbean cruise instead. I've never been to any of the islands.

I really like the itinerary for the Eurodam. I believe it goes to Turks/Caicos' date=' Puerto Rico and St. Thomas. Is this a nice ship? Is the weather nice that time of year? Are the ports decent?

This will only be my 2nd time cruising and planning on going solo.

Any advice would be helpful...thanks! ;)[/quote']

Take Mom with you - cruising solo is too expensive;)

IMO St Thomas has been spoiled by too many ships, and is often too crowded. Check cruisetimetables.com to see how many other ships would be there with you. If there are three or more large ships it will be a mob scene ... but it's still worth seeing once! :)

As far as weather goes - you can never predict rain that far ahead but it would very unusual to not have warm temperatures in any Caribbean ports in Feb.

Eurodam great ship. Be sure to try Tamarind. Wonderful! We sailed this itinerary last April. Have you considered asking HA to match you with a roommate? Or can you talk a friend into sailing with you? Certainly would be cheaper with 2 in the cabin, if price is an issue.

One of the best holiday we had was a week at Disney World, then we drove to Ft. Lauderdale to catch a ship for a 7-day cruise. Just lovely.

Price really isn't an issue. Yes, it stinks that solos have to pay double but am willing to pay it then stay at home! Also since I've always been single, I just can't handle sharing that small amount of space with anyone even for a week. I usually get no sleep during the night because I'm not accustomed to their "noises". ;)

We booked a 14 day east/west Carribean on Eurodam in feb. we first booked the 11 day on zuiderdam for Panama Canal but since we haven't been to either, we found out that the price is the same but the Eurodam has better reviews as a ship so no brainer, we opt for the 14 day back to back. Island hopping is a good start if you have never done one before IMO.

Archived