Cabin change to Sapphire C106-downgrade?

OC SeaPA

Thanks so much for the link to obstructed view cabins. We were in E228, but asked if any partial views were available. We were given C106. Found out not only is it fully obstructed, but it is a lower level- oy, not our original ow. When I tried to go back to ow, they said I had to rebook at new price- $150pp more! Called back, asked for supervisor, but all i got was another rep who said after 45 minutes that we could get our old cabin back, which is what I was trying to get out of! At this point I was so frustrated I just kept C106.

Anyone had this cabin? Is it ok?

Is it impossible to change cabins on Princess? I've had no trouble in Celebrity or NCL, just paid difference, and usually if in same category (obstructed) it was complimentary. I usually book thru the cruise line so I can make changes, but should I go to my travel agent and change the booking and see what she can do?

Actually, since this cabin is a balcony cabin on a great deck, I would consider this a great upgrade!

It is an Ocean View Cabin.

I personally would not want the first cabin at the front of the ship. See if your TA can get you a better cabin.

Thanks so much for the link to obstructed view cabins. We were in E228, but asked if any partial views were available. We were given C106. Found out not only is it fully obstructed, but it is a lower level- oy, not our original ow. When I tried to go back to ow, they said I had to rebook at new price- $150pp more! Called back, asked for supervisor, but all i got was another rep who said after 45 minutes that we could get our old cabin back, which is what I was trying to get out of! At this point I was so frustrated I just kept C106.

Anyone had this cabin? Is it ok?

Is it impossible to change cabins on Princess? I've had no trouble in Celebrity or NCL, just paid difference, and usually if in same category (obstructed) it was complimentary. I usually book thru the cruise line so I can make changes, but should I go to my travel agent and change the booking and see what she can do?

You already had a partial view -- E228 is between two lifeboats and has a perfectly fine view both down to the water and out to the horizon. You shouldn't have turned down Princess's offer to put you back there; it's a fine cabin and definitely better than C106.

I usually book thru the cruise line so I can make changes, but should I go to my travel agent and change the booking and see what she can do?
I would keep control of my reservation so I could call the cruise and make changes. No one works harder for you then you, yourself.

Actually, since this cabin is a balcony cabin on a great deck, I would consider this a great upgrade!

Actually it is an ocean view cabin on a balcony level with an inaccessible balcony. There is a window where the door would normally be. Take a look at the pictures available on the link that I posted above. I would tend to agree with others that the original cabin may be better.

I would keep control of my reservation so I could call the cruise and make changes. No one works harder for you then you, yourself.

I disagree. My TA will work harder for me than I would. A good TA is definitely worth their weight in gold!

When someone only wants an obstructed view, can't really expect to get anything but that. If you want a view, pay for one . Plaza deck outside cabins

have a view out the window.

We have friends that didn't want to pay for any kind of view and took a guarantee obstructed. Well, they wound up with the large lifeboat covering their window. They were under the wrong impression that they would get some fabulous upgrade.By the time they got their room assignment, ship sold out and couldn't change to anything. The whole cruise they complained and I got sick of hearing it.

We have done the obstructed on one occassion. We wanted to cruise inexpensively and didn't care . Turned out we had the small lifeboat and we could see a bit over it. Gave us light. You also lose privacy with these cabins. The ones with the platform often have crew members working there.

For us, balcony is cabin of choice.And we are very fortunate to be able to

have it.

We book with a travel agent because the price is better or we get extra perks. I watch my own booking for price changes on Princess and then notify travel agent. I don't expect travel agent to do anything but book my cruise. Sometimes I book direct and transfer to agent.

Archived