81 New Cabins planned for the Navigator

FIRELT5

It almost sounds from the dry dock description that they're removing everything from deck 12 up, adding a new deck 12, and putting everything back down on top of it. It may be worth a quick weekend trip to Freeport just to watch them do this one:D

This makes the most sense. Ready to see the new deck plans! We are on the first cruise after drydock (assuming none of the changes delays or lengthens the drydock). I'll take lots of pictures to share with everyone here.

• 2 weeks later...

You can also see the Flowrider's location above the WindJammer. It also looks like they are removing "The Dungeon" night club all together. It looks like the lower deck is all new inside rooms, and the upper part of the club on Deck 4 is labeled "Specialty Restaurant".

You can also see the Flowrider's location above the WindJammer. It also looks like they are removing "The Dungeon" night club all together. It looks like the lower deck is all new inside rooms, and the upper part of the club on Deck 4 is labeled "Specialty Restaurant".

Also looks like Giovanni's Table is going to take over Portofino's location.

We got off Adventure last Sunday. I had several conversations with the current Hotel director, He told me that in 2016 Adventure will have her nightclub removed and cabins added in the space and cabins will be added forward in the Spa area by "adding" a structure.

I am going to check out Navigator's deck plans. I think it is amazing what can be done .:)

We got off Adventure last Sunday. I had several conversations with the current Hotel director, He told me that in 2016 Adventure will have her nightclub removed and cabins added in the space and cabins will be added forward in the Spa area by "adding" a structure.

I am going to check out Navigator's deck plans. I think it is amazing what can be done .:)

Did he say 2016? I thought the changes were coming in 2014. RCCL lists the same changes for the Navigator and Adventure in 2014.

We will be in one on the April 20 sailing out of Galveston. Right now, customer service and C&A does not have the final deck plans. I know because we are moving from a JS to a balcony and these new ones are the only ones available.

They told our TA the cabins would be in the rear quarter of the ship where Adventure Ocean is currently located. C&A rep told me they would be near mid-ship where the Adventure Ocean is currently located. Neither could answer where Adventure Ocean, the Arcade or Disco would be located (or even if they would still be on that deck).

I too am booked on this same cruise, aft deck 12 balcony, not on deck plans......

Did he say 2016? I thought the changes were coming in 2014. RCCL lists the same changes for the Navigator and Adventure in 2014.

I've seem several people report that the 2014 dry dock will be minor and the major changes will occur in 2016.

Surprised they're removing the entire nightclub, based on its size before. I've never really seen it busy though and guess the Cosmopolitan Club will substitute, just surprising to me.

I agree, seems puzzling that they would remove a public space that generates revenue (bar) for a complimentary one!? I'm assuming this is where they are putting Park Cafe since all the other new venues are accounted for on the new plans. Not that I'm complaining, Park Cafe is what I am most excited about. I never went in the night club.

New deck plans are up on the website. The deck 12 rooms are forward, I guess taking away the views from the gym.

The fitness center is on deck 11. Deck 12 is the area with the massage rooms.

Those are interesting...lots of changes! I assume most of the photos will now be done digitally and viewed on a kiosk, since the photo gallery looks very small. I also expected the concierge lounge to be moved upstairs with the new Diamond Club, but I see it's staying on Deck 9 and Izumi is going to be in the Viking Crown. I'd love to see pictures during the dry dock. It's going to be a massive undertaking!

Scheduled drydock for 2014 has been reduced from it's original 30 days.

In 2014 the 19th hole becomes the Diamond lounge, Portofino becomes Giovanni's ( we suggested this be delayed until 2016 new restaurants added as P is the suite area for breakfast/lunch, Gs is an upcharge venue at lunchtime) , , outdoor movie screen added , wifi through out ship and Wayfinders on stairwells plus general scheduled maintenance. Several blown windows on deck 11 and 14 need replacing .

Edited by heatherb1953

Scheduled drydock for 2014 has been reduced from it's original 30 days.

In 2014 the 19th hole becomes the Diamond lounge, Portofino becomes Giovanni's ( we suggested this be delayed until 2016 new restaurants added as P is the suite area for breakfast/lunch, Gs is an upcharge venue at lunchtime) , , outdoor movie screen added , wifi through out ship and Wayfinders on stairwells plus general scheduled maintenance. Several blown windows on deck 11 and 14 need replacing .

Thanks for the info. We booked the Adventure for NYE 2014-15 thinking that the changes were going to be done during this dry dock. :(:(

Thanks for the info. We booked the Adventure for NYE 2014-15 thinking that the changes were going to be done during this dry dock. :(:(

Your welcome. We booked the first cruises after her drydock thinking the same but she is a lovely ship with a great crew and best of all sailing out of the UK in the summer:)

We will all just have to look to 2016 for a future cruise;):D

There must be a mistake on the Royal Caribbean website because that type of stateroom won't exist on deck 12.

There are 2 Family Panoramic Ocean View Rooms instead.

There are 2 Family Panoramic Ocean View Rooms (1862 & 1812) and two Presidential Family suites with balcony (1852 & 1802):):)