Do you swim in the ship's pool????

kscruiseaholic

There are no absolutes when swimming in the ocean or sea. You need to pay attention to where you are.

Anyone up for swimming at the beach in Roatan with raw sewage being pumped untreated into the water on the West End? How about at the beach at Galveston, which receives water directly from the chemically toxic Houston Ship Channel? Or after a heavy rain in the areas of Southwest Florida that still have septic tanks whose contents make their way to the Gulf after heavy rains causing E coli alerts? Or in the raw sewage filled Acapulco bay?

It all depends on where you are.

No...... we do not swim at the beach in Roatan either. Just not appealing to us. :)

We do swim at HMC. That water is so crystal clear blue and irresistible. When I can see right down to my toes it is so clean and fish swim at our ankles, I think it highly likely that water is as clean as it is going to be anywhere and enjoy our swim. :)

Half the population swim in pools and treat them properly. Half the population won't swim because they think the other half pee in the pool. That doesn't leave so many people to actually do it - I think you're listening to urban myth and believing it.

I swim. Especially at midnight or thereabouts, when there's no-one else there.

We had a large backyard pool for a great many years. I know how often we tested on hot sunny days when we had guests swimming. We added chemicals appropriate to use and weather/sun/heat. I do not always see the water on the ship's pools tested at regular intervals. Of course, just because I don't see it doesn't mean it isn't being done but the dip in the pool is not worth it to me to possibly suffer some consequence.

Not only do I pack it, I pack it in a small carry-on bag along with sunscreen so I can get started early as soon as we board the ship - way before the regular luggage arrives. As one poster said, I refuse to live in a bubble. Another reason to pack it is the shore excursions - mine always involve the beach/water in some form or fashion.

Never use any of the pools including hot tubs and adults only pools. Just because it's Adults only doesn't people still don't pee in the pool.

If you happened to have watched the Steve Harvey show yesterday it confirmed what I just stated . :eek:

Remember these pools and hot tubs are not chemically treated .

Half the population swim in pools and treat them properly. Half the population won't swim because they think the other half pee in the pool. That doesn't leave so many people to actually do it - I think you're listening to urban myth and believing it.

I swim. Especially at midnight or thereabouts, when there's no-one else there.

Pool isint open at midnight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Forums mobile app

Pool isint open at midnight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Forums mobile app

OK then. If you say so. It certainly looked and felt like a swimming pool, and my watch and the ships' clocks certainly said midnight, but if you say it wasn't so, then it wasn't so.

When did you last travel on Arcadia?

All this talk of people peeing in the pool....I noticed that some use the pool to cool down after a day's sightseeing, in between sun bathing or just cool their feet - but no mention of showering before entering the pool coated in sweat and sun- tan lotion...

Having said that - I swim whenever and wherever, use the hot tubs and have survived to mid fifty without being ill - had stinging eyes a few time, but that's more the chemicals than the bodily fluids. Sometimes you lot are just too picky and over cautious.

I will "take a dip" if I get too hot. That's pretty much true of anyplace I sun! I feel no need to "swim" simply to swim....

Of course, I don't drink the pool water! On skin, the pool is unlikely to hurt a healthy person!

I'm not a fan of hot tubs....anywhere!

Archived