Playa Mia or Mr. Sancho's

NurseMarla

We currently have a deposit for Mr. Sancho's AI in November, but I have been looking & am considering changing to Playa Mia. Would someone please tell me which you think is the better of the 2 & why? Does Playa Mia have a limit on the number of guests? Mr. Sancho's states 200 for the AI side. How crowded do you think it will be mid November for either place? There will be three ships in port the day we are there. ANY info would be appreciated! Also, there will be 6 of us. DH 31, DSs 19, 16, 12, & 9 & myself, 42.

We currently have a deposit for Mr. Sancho's AI in November, but I have been looking & am considering changing to Playa Mia. Would someone please tell me which you think is the better of the 2 & why? Does Playa Mia have a limit on the number of guests? Mr. Sancho's states 200 for the AI side. How crowded do you think it will be mid November for either place? There will be three ships in port the day we are there. ANY info would be appreciated! Also, there will be 6 of us. DH 31, DSs 19, 16, 12, & 9 & myself, 42.

It would depend how many ships are in port with you. I did Mr. Sanchos in November 2012, Thanksgiving week and there were only 3 ships in port that day. Mr. Sanchos was not crowded at all. My kids were turning 18 during that week and they had a great time. Actually my daughter asked me if we were doing something like Mr. Sanchos on our cruise in January.

3 ships in port is a VERY light day for Cozumel.

5-6 ships would probably be the average day in Cozumel.

Size also figures in, as an Oasis class ship carries as many pax as 3 of the smaller older class ships (like Elation).

But even 3 monstrosities would still be a light day for Cozumel...

Wouldn't worry about overcrowding at any beach club.

Choose the one that works best for your group.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

• 1 month later...

I'm bringing this thread back up-does anyone have any additional input on Playa Mia vs. Mr. Sanchos? It will just be my husband and I for the day. We are looking for an all-inclusive with food, drinks, pool, and beach, although food is not really a necessity. We will get enough food on the cruise ship so will most likely just have a few snacks. It is my understanding that Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia are near each other so taxi fare would be similar? Is there a pro or con to one or the other?

Thanks!

I'm bringing this thread back up-does anyone have any additional input on Playa Mia vs. Mr. Sanchos? It will just be my husband and I for the day. We are looking for an all-inclusive with food, drinks, pool, and beach, although food is not really a necessity. We will get enough food on the cruise ship so will most likely just have a few snacks. It is my understanding that Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia are near each other so taxi fare would be similar? Is there a pro or con to one or the other?

Thanks!

I've been to Mr. Sanchos twice. Once on the AI side and then on the pay as you go side. I enjoyed it both times and would definately go back again if I cruise to Cozumel.

Thanks!

We went to nachi cocum a couple of weeks ago. It was great! Plenty of food and never ending drinks. We spent most of our time in the pool. The beach was also good. If we go back to Cozumel, we definitely are going to nachi cocum.

Thanks!

Playa Mia will attract more families (kid's water park, etc.) than Mr. S if that makes a difference to your decision. If you want primarily adults and a quiet relaxing atmosphere Nachi would be a better choice than Mr. S.

Thanks everyone for the input! So basically Mr Sanchos, Nachi, and Playa Mia all have similar beach/pool and all offer all inclusive. Nachi is quieter and Playa Mia has more kids? Is there music and such at Mr Sanchos? We are not looking for spring break atmosphere or anything but some music and entertainment would be fun!

Is there music and such at Mr Sanchos? We are not looking for spring break atmosphere or anything but some music and entertainment would be fun!

There is music playing and Mr. S is a little more lively than Nachi.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just at Mr. Sanchos last week on the AI side and couldn't hear the music playing--- was pretty quiet. We had loungers and a thatched- roof hut, plenty of food, and good amount of drinks.

I think if you ask 100 people you'll get 100 suggestions-- do your research and you'll end up doing what's best for you.

Enjoy!

Sent From My IPhone

Thanks everyone for the input! So basically Mr Sanchos, Nachi, and Playa Mia all have similar beach/pool and all offer all inclusive. Nachi is quieter and Playa Mia has more kids? Is there music and such at Mr Sanchos? We are not looking for spring break atmosphere or anything but some music and entertainment would be fun!

I have only been to Playa Mia and Nachi Cocom, so I can only compare the 2 of them and they are nothing alike. I have really long reviews listed in my signature line and plenty of pictures of both if you are interested in seeing what they look like.

We will be going to Mr Sanchos next week. I can report back for them as well. :)

I have only been to Playa Mia and Nachi Cocom, so I can only compare the 2 of them and they are nothing alike. I have really long reviews listed in my signature line and plenty of pictures of both if you are interested in seeing what they look like.

We will be going to Mr Sanchos next week. I can report back for them as well. :)

Mitsugirly, I will be looking forward to your report back on Mr. Sanchos. :) DH and I had abandoned the idea of a family cruise and decided to go to Disney instead. But the Disney planning was giving me a headache and made me not want to go so we're back to wanting to do a cruise next year! Loving cruise planning so much more, lol. If we chose a Cozumel itinerary, I was originally pretty set on Passion Island, but I've been doing more research and I think it will be between Playa Mia and Mr. Sanchos. I read your review on Playa Mia and I think my 4 and 6 year old girls would love it. I'm not loving having to get the buffet to get the open bar though, I'd prefer to order from the menu. Which we'd be able to do at Mr. Sanchos, but I wonder if it will be too much of a party atmosphere. So I'm waiting not-so-patiently for your opinion when you get back from your cruise!

Mitsugirly, I will be looking forward to your report back on Mr. Sanchos. :) DH and I had abandoned the idea of a family cruise and decided to go to Disney instead. But the Disney planning was giving me a headache and made me not want to go so we're back to wanting to do a cruise next year! Loving cruise planning so much more, lol. If we chose a Cozumel itinerary, I was originally pretty set on Passion Island, but I've been doing more research and I think it will be between Playa Mia and Mr. Sanchos. I read your review on Playa Mia and I think my 4 and 6 year old girls would love it. I'm not loving having to get the buffet to get the open bar though, I'd prefer to order from the menu. Which we'd be able to do at Mr. Sanchos, but I wonder if it will be too much of a party atmosphere. So I'm waiting not-so-patiently for your opinion when you get back from your cruise!

I will definitely let you know my thoughts and come back with tons of pictures for you.

I would LOVE to go to passion island. It was my original plan. But I think we will have to wait until we cruise with Carnival again because it looks like that's the only way to do the Twister there. With it being so far away, I would just feel a little more comfortable do it that way. So, maybe some day in the future. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just completed my full review of our day at Mr Sanchos and it can be found HERE. Just make sure you look for post number 395 (which is where it starts).

There are TONS of pictures of both sides...AI and pay as you go. We did the AI, but hung out in both areas, so there's pictures of both sides.

Honestly, if we were to ever go back, we would probably do the pay as you go side. I just liked it better over there for some reason. Although they are building a huge building (like the dining building under a roof) on the AI side, so it might be nicer when they have that once it's done.

Thanks Mitsugirly! I really love the review. Mr. Sanchos definitely seems nice, and I'm glad to hear you liked the beach better than Nachi. If we do choose a Cozumel itinerary I think I may be leaning towards Playa Mia though - do you think you liked Playa Mia better than Mr. Sanchos?

This would be the first cruise for my girls who will be 5 and 6 and I really loved your pics of the waterpark there. The beach seemed nice too, the whole place seemed great for families. I decided to do a cheaper 5 day itinerary though, and we may end up going to Nassau and Half Moon Cay again if I can get a cabana there, but if not we may still do the Cozumel and Grand Cayman itinerary on the Paradise - who knows. I am so indecisive. :). But I want to have an idea for all of my excursions in place before I do make a decision, so I can take all of it into account. So your reviews definitely help a lot!

Thanks Mitsugirly! I really love the review. Mr. Sanchos definitely seems nice, and I'm glad to hear you liked the beach better than Nachi. If we do choose a Cozumel itinerary I think I may be leaning towards Playa Mia though - do you think you liked Playa Mia better than Mr. Sanchos?

This would be the first cruise for my girls who will be 5 and 6 and I really loved your pics of the waterpark there. The beach seemed nice too, the whole place seemed great for families. I decided to do a cheaper 5 day itinerary though, and we may end up going to Nassau and Half Moon Cay again if I can get a cabana there, but if not we may still do the Cozumel and Grand Cayman itinerary on the Paradise - who knows. I am so indecisive. :). But I want to have an idea for all of my excursions in place before I do make a decision, so I can take all of it into account. So your reviews definitely help a lot!

With kids 5 and 6 they would definitely enjoy Playa Mia more in my opinion. For us, yes, we liked Playa Mia better as well. The beach was nicer and had a gradual slope in the ocean, which made it nice for the little ones. :)