4 Beers for $25.00 - Bon Voyage - No Gratuity or Tax Added

wnorman

If you order 4 Budweiser through bonvoyage in advance of your sailing it is $25.00 TOTAL. Is that a better deal than getting a bucket of beer on board?

I believe there is tax at least for NY I was charged- I ordered this for my husband last cruise and I know when I ordered liquor for this coming cruise I was charged tax but no gratuity.

Hope this helps.

Happy Sailing!!!

I believe you still pay tax...but not gratuity.

PS - They limit you to two 4 packs, at least they did for ours. Not sure if that is a Carnival thing or a Texas liquor law thing. Weird laws here with the liquor. Can't deliver our liquor until day two, but we can give our children liquor in our presence in public. Go figure. lol

Edited by tkportersat

I always order the cooler package with 4 Berra and comes with a soft cooler and cups. Then I tote that around all cruise and have the bartenders keep it loaded with ice and beers. Also great to keep on the balcony. A lot bigger than the buckets can keep extras in the cooler. Plus the ice doesn't melt as fast.

If you order 4 Budweiser through bonvoyage in advance of your sailing it is $25.00 TOTAL. Is that a better deal than getting a bucket of beer on board?

It's a better deal because they may charge tax, but they don't charge gratuity. When you get the bucket of beer, there's a 15% gratuity added to it....and depending on where you leave from (Alabama & Texas for instance), state liquor laws don't allow them to deliver it to your stateroom on departure day...

I believe you still pay tax...but not gratuity.

PS - They limit you to two 4 packs, at least they did for ours. Not sure if that is a Carnival thing or a Texas liquor law thing. Weird laws here with the liquor. Can't deliver our liquor until day two, but we can give our children liquor in our presence in public. Go figure. lol

I'm fairly certain the Bon Voyage program is self limited to two orders of whatever alcoholic beverage you chose.

The best deal are the Fosters Oil cans by the way only another buck for 10 more oz of beer.

If you're looking for the most beer for your money (I didn't say "best", I said "most"), than Jimmy is absolutely correct, although you actually get 12oz more beer than a regular 12oz bottle or can since the Fosters oil cans are 25oz.

Since this is such an important topic for me, I did a bit of research for my upcoming cruise:

The 12oz beers cost - $4.95. With 15% tip - $5.69. That's $.47/oz.

The 16oz beers cost - $5.75. With 15% tip - $6.61. That's $.41/oz.

The 25oz Fosters cost - $6.75. With 15% tip - $7.76. That's $.31/oz.

There are 3 16oz beers that cost $5.95. Per oz price for those is $.43.

So, as you can see from my meticulous calculations above, the Fosters oil cans clearly give you maximum drinkage for the minimum per ounce cost.:cool:

If you're looking for the most beer for your money (I didn't say "best", I said "most"), than Jimmy is absolutely correct, although you actually get 12oz more beer than a regular 12oz bottle or can since the Fosters oil cans are 25oz.

Since this is such an important topic for me, I did a bit of research for my upcoming cruise:

The 12oz beers cost - $4.95. With 15% tip - $5.69. That's $.47/oz.

The 16oz beers cost - $5.75. With 15% tip - $6.61. That's $.41/oz.

The 25oz Fosters cost - $6.75. With 15% tip - $7.76. That's $.31/oz.

There are 3 16oz beers that cost $5.95. Per oz price for those is $.43.

So, as you can see from my meticulous calculations above, the Fosters oil cans clearly give you maximum drinkage for the minimum per ounce cost.:cool:

Haha That's exactly what I did. The Thirsty Frog Red 20 oz draft is a good deal too. Can't remember the price but it was real close to the Fosters in per oz. cost.

Haha That's exactly what I did. The Thirsty Frog Red 20 oz draft is a good deal too. Can't remember the price but it was real close to the Fosters in per oz. cost.

That's right!!! How could I forget the Red Frog!!!!!:eek: Yes, $5.50 for a 20oz, $6.33 with tip. That comes to $.32/oz. (It's also sold in a 60oz for $15.75 + tip.)

Bon Voyage is programmed for a maximum of two alcoholic beverages. Last cruise I did accidentally skirt this rule and get 3 items. I ordered one bottle. Went back next day and ordered 2 more. Tried ordering 3 on anther cabin and it would not work. Had already ordered 2 and it would not let me add another.

As for sales tax. I also noticed if you have items delivered at Embarkation there is sales tax added. If you request it delivered that night or later there is no sales tax added. This is for NOLA at least.

We will see if we end up enjoying it or not but the wife and I are doing the Cheers package for our NYE Mexico cruise. If I stick to just 12oz beer I get it at 0.319/oz, 20oz drafts come to $0.191/oz, or an average of $3.83/drink.

Edited by randyj266

I'm fairly certain the Bon Voyage program is self limited to two orders of whatever alcoholic beverage you chose.

I just ordered a bottle of rum for the wife then tried to add (2) 4 packs of heinekin & the system would not let me. I guess its a combination of any two products.

so, what is the total price of a bucket of bud on board???? Is it worth getting 4 from boy voyage - they said total price from Charleston is $25.00

On board here is the price for a bucket of 4 budweisers:

4 Budweisers $23.00

Discount -2.00

Gratuity 15% +3.15

Total for bucket of Buds is $24.15 on board

Cheaper on board by the bucket since you get a $2 discount and you pay tip on the $21 not the $23 and there is no tax after you get so far out to sea.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

• 8 months later...