Allure 9/22/13: A Story Review w/drama, humor, Pics & Video

My husband took off and came back with a cooler of beers! Woohoo! He got 4 coronas for himself and 4 stella's for me and handy little cooler all for $38. We drank them all I had a nice little buzz going on.

IMG_1070-L.jpg

IMG_1071-L.jpg

Great review so far, thank you! I was under the impression that the blue coolers were no more? Did they have the deal for the refills? i think it was something like $28 for refill of like 6? thanks! we are sailing allure oct 20 (10 days ).

-DK

Thank you for the nice comment. Nope they still had them we actually didn't know about it they were presented to us at the bar. I don't know about the refills as my husband was the one who purchased it and we did get a full 8 bottle refill a few days later.

Phabric, Bekkaw, #55worktoplay, A+L_Ont, cruiser king, sailingawaysoon, christa212, Irishlassie, CG Banks, Canadian Tyler, - Thank you for the kind words and for reading along, it just gets better. I didn't realize it before but I took like 700 picture's on day 7.

HOSTFAITH did a very good review on the Liberty of the Seas 4 day sailing to Cozumel. If I knew how to post a link I would but do a search on Host Faith and you should find it.

I have done the Liberty of the Seas twice now and absolutely love the ship, I too am also going with the girls (no hubbys) in November but on the 5 day sailing. I cannot compare it to the Allure or Oasis as I have not sailed them but I don't think it will be a huge let down, great ship for a short sailing.

I am truly enjoying your review and can't wait for more.

Thanks, I found it and bookmarked it. A girls trip sounds fabulous - hope you have a wonderful time.

Thank you for the nice comments!

Labadee was nice and very pretty and next time I visit, I will book an excursion as I really didn’t like beach area, the lack of umbrellas and the food. I just hate to pre-book excursions as I like to see what the weather is going to be like prior. The only time I have booked excursions was on our Hawaii sailing on our honeymoon other than that we do things on our own or hire a driver.

_MG_4423-L.jpg

_MG_4421-L.jpg

_MG_4428-L.jpg

_MG_4434-L.jpg

_MG_4426-L.jpg

Beautiful pictures, on the other side of the straw market, there is another beach, Columbus Cove, which is not rocky with lots of shade and loungers.. like a regular carribbean beach.. check it out next time..

Beautiful pictures, on the other side of the straw market, there is another beach, Columbus Cove, which is not rocky with lots of shade and loungers.. like a regular carribbean beach.. check it out next time..

Agreed. GORGEOUS photos. And next time you're in Labadee, head to Columbus Cove. It's a great beach for families.

LOVE THE PICTURES! Makes me really want the Canon 5D. I want more!!! :D

Thank You!!! The best pictures are still to come especially the ones from Jamaica, Cozumel and Day 7!!

You don't need the 5D. The 7D is just as good but less money. What's more important are the lenses and totally learning completely how to use your camera and not in auto mode either. Whatever camera you have buy a book on it and read it then go out and practice, practice and more practice! Hope this helps:)

Thank You!!! The best pictures are still to come especially the ones from Jamaica, Cozumel and Day 7!!

You don't need the 5D. The 7D is just as good but less money. What's more important are the lenses and totally learning completely how to use your camera and not in auto mode either. Whatever camera you have buy a book on it and read it then go out and practice, practice and more practice! Hope this helps:)

Would you mind tell me what kind of lenses you use?

I have the 60D and looking to purchase a new lense.

Vegas you did the same thing I did my first couple of times at Labadee. Stopped at the 1st beach area and didn't know the scoop on the blue clam shell covers. Aww man I wish I had of saw you I had a great spot on the other side of Labadee. Next time ask one of the beach porter guys to get you a blue clam shell. THEY ARE FREE!!! WAAHOO!! He setup 2 loungers and my blue clam shell thingie!! I tipped him and called it a day!! Like others have mentioned on the other side of Labadee the beach is great. No rocks! Check it out!!

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

Wow. .. I am loving your report ! Keep up the good work.

I am loving your photos ! :):)

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio!!!

I've read some of your reviews and loved them as well! I see you are going to Bermuda soon, I can't wait to read all about it, I'm planning a cruise for June on the breakaway. I was considering the Grandeur but I Prefer newer/modern ships.

Thanks for dropping by:)

Vivian: you do realize you didn't have to pay a corkage fee at all if you don't take your bottle out of your room. Only if you take the bottle to a public venue like the MDR.

We never pay that. We just have the steward bring us a wine glass the first day, and then we fill those glasses and take them where ever we want to. He will bring you an ice bucket to chill it in as well. The bottles we bring are only for our enjoyment on our balcony or to take with us in transit.

Nice review...on Allure next May for the first time.

Would you mind tell me what kind of lenses you use?

I have the 60D and looking to purchase a new lense.

Well on this trip I only brought two of the less expensive ones, the 50mm F1.4 and the EF 24 - 105mm F4 L. The "L" series lenses are the best ones and the ones that the pro's use but it's not necessary to have these unless you are really serious about photography. I love my 50 mm F1.4 it costs about $550

My favorite lenses are the Canon 70-200 F2.8 L and the 85mm 1.2 L.

Good Luck!

Vegas you did the same thing I did my first couple of times at Labadee. Stopped at the 1st beach area and didn't know the scoop on the blue clam shell covers. Aww man I wish I had of saw you I had a great spot on the other side of Labadee. Next time ask one of the beach porter guys to get you a blue clam shell. THEY ARE FREE!!! WAAHOO!! He setup 2 loungers and my blue clam shell thingie!! I tipped him and called it a day!! Like others have mentioned on the other side of Labadee the beach is great. No rocks! Check it out!!

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

I cannot believe I missed this area, what on earth was I thinking not exploring more. Oh well you live and you learn - I know for next time!! Aren't those clam shells really hot inside? I didn't know they were free.

Vivian: you do realize you didn't have to pay a corkage fee at all if you don't take your bottle out of your room. Only if you take the bottle to a public venue like the MDR.

We never pay that. We just have the steward bring us a wine glass the first day, and then we fill those glasses and take them where ever we want to. He will bring you an ice bucket to chill it in as well. The bottles we bring are only for our enjoyment on our balcony or to take with us in transit.

Nice review...on Allure next May for the first time.

Thx, becciboo! I did know that but we like to enjoy or dinner with a bottle of wine. Maybe next time should I walk in with a full glass of wine then hide a flask in my purse with more (LOL!) My husband would go for it if he knew it would save him $25.

I am really enjoying your review! You have a great sense of humor and style of writing. I am enjoying your pictures as well! I also like how you interject side stories and little personal tidbits like the things you wore. One of my favorite things about reading reviews is getting a feel for the reviewer's personality. I have to say... you sound like an awesome chick to have a tallllll glass of wine with! My bf and I remind me of your husband and you lol. Thank you for the time you are taking to put this review together.

PS - You are beautiful, don't worry about your weight!

I am really enjoying your review! You have a great sense of humor and style of writing. I am enjoying your pictures as well! I also like how you interject side stories and little personal tidbits like the things you wore. One of my favorite things about reading reviews is getting a feel for the reviewer's personality. I have to say... you sound like an awesome chick to have a tallllll glass of wine with! My bf and I remind me of your husband and you lol. Thank you for the time you are taking to put this review together.

PS - You are beautiful, don't worry about your weight!

Awww!! Thank you, that is so kind you made my day!! I've lost 5 pounds since coming back so definitely feeling better. Don't get me wrong I'm not an insecure person at all but I know when I've gone beyond what I'm comfortable with.

I see you are sailing on allure in less than a month!!! I know you must be thrilled :D. Would love to hear your perspective!

Thanks again for reading along and for the kind words :)

This is probably one of the best reviews I have read on here. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to the rest as we are doing a B2B on Allure in January/February timeframe!

Thanks again!

Wow really?? Thank you for the encouragement - I hope it's not too much information:) A B2B - that is perfect for this ship!! There is so much I didn't do and see, it will be here before you know it!! Thanks for reading along...