Jade Buffet

reilly1

I am going on Indy in 3 weeks and have not been on a RCI ship for severel years, cruising mostly with Celebrity over the past while. I see that there is Jade Buffet on The Indy. Is this an alternative to the WJ or is it a speciality restaurant with a fee? I assume it is asian food, by the name, which my husband and I both love. Has anyone eaten in it recently?

On the other ships that we have sailed with Jade (haven't been on Indy, sorry), it is a buffet that is right in front of Windjammer, and really more like a subsection of Windjammer. They usually offer a few Asian entrees as well as a variety of sushi rolls. There is no charge.

On the other ships that we have sailed with Jade (haven't been on Indy, sorry), it is a buffet that is right in front of Windjammer, and really more like a subsection of Windjammer. They usually offer a few Asian entrees as well as a variety of sushi rolls. There is no charge.

Same setup on Indy.

The only ship with a separate Jade specialty restaurant was Monarch, which is gone from the fleet now.

Hi

As the previous cruiser said, Jade is on the right hand side as you enter the WJ, nice selection of Sushi and Indian food in the evenings, they did have Indian food in the WJ lunchtimes which was also very nice. We liked to visit early on as I like a Sushi appetiser before dinner.

Thanks for the information. Love sushi and did not know it was available on RCI as it is on Celebrity. Looking forward to it already. Thanks again.

It is good, but it is "fake" sushi. No fresh fish. Only surimi and smoked salmon. (it's a supply/freshness issue)

:)

we came off Indy a few weeks back, now it feels already like a life time.

The Jade is as already mentioned a sub section of the Wind Jammer. it's the first section on both sides and does indeed have asian cuisine. there were always a few curries, one day i spotted Tikka pizza. I never saw anything that looked like Sushi though. But i have to confess we ate in the main dinning room every night so my obersavations are based on lunch time only.

we came off Indy a few weeks back, now it feels already like a life time.

The Jade is as already mentioned a sub section of the Wind Jammer. it's the first section on both sides and does indeed have asian cuisine. there were always a few curries, one day i spotted Tikka pizza. I never saw anything that looked like Sushi though. But i have to confess we ate in the main dinning room every night so my obersavations are based on lunch time only.

The sushi is out at dinner time only. :)

Don't get your hopes up too much. My dh went a couple times before dinner and said that it wasn't even as good as the sushi he can get at our local supermarket. He talked to someone working there and was told that all the fish had to be cooked for health reasons.

Don't get your hopes up too much. My dh went a couple times before dinner and said that it wasn't even as good as the sushi he can get at our local supermarket. He talked to someone working there and was told that all the fish had to be cooked for health reasons.

To each his own. I find it very good, for what it is.

:)

I agree with your dh. Worst sushi I've ever had. The Chinese food available wasn't any better. I chose my second cruise because I'd heard about Jade. What a let down.

Archived