Bea Muller is dead

capnpugwash

This is sad news but not a surprise as she was ailing the last few years and she was a good age. Turned 90 I guess. Her son travelled with her.

I knew her as we met on QE2. She first moved onto QE2 in 2000 and in 2008 when QE2 retired she moved onto Q V. She was not keen on that and the last time I saw her was on QM2 in 2009. She was a fun lady, wore unusual hats. Fashion police would have had a ball:) Lovely lady and was missed when she left Cunard owing to age.

Her she is with me on QM2 in the library where she spent time on the Internet. She signed my book that I had just purchased as it was new out. THE NEW CUNARD QUEENS by NILS SCHWERDINER. She wrote, To Maggie, best wishes for a happy life. Bea Muller.

May she rest in peace. God Bless Bea. Maggie. x

2009-04-05225834_zpse3790cde.jpg

2009-04-05225701_zpse57a1cb3.jpg

I wonder if she moved to Myrtle Beach after the QE2 was sold off.

I wonder if she finished her book??

Yes, happily, Ms. Muller did finish her book.

'Queen Elizabeth 2: My Home in Paradise'

Mrs Beatrice Dumont Muller's book, dedicated to Mr Micky Arison,

with a Foreword by John Duffy.

Published by Sheriar Press (2011)

Myrtle Beach, SC.

This is available in the Bookshop on QM2.

Mrs Muller gives her address as well as email address ion the front of the book.

copied from http://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=4742.0

OOPS! I just read further on the above copied website and found this:

A friend has told me that this book is 'no longer sold' on Cunard's ships.

It will be interesting to see whether it's in stock on the shelves of the ships' libraries.

It doesn't seem to be available on any of the most commonly used book seller's sites online.

Maybe it had a short print run, and now unavailable.

Ocean Books may have further information.

This is sad news but not a surprise as she was ailing the last few years and she was a good age. Turned 90 I guess. Her son travelled with her.

I knew her as we met on QE2. She first moved onto QE2 in 2000 and in 2008 when QE2 retired she moved onto Q V. She was not keen on that and the last time I saw her was on QM2 in 2009. She was a fun lady, wore unusual hats. Fashion police would have had a ball:) Lovely lady and was missed when she left Cunard owing to age.

Her she is with me on QM2 in the library where she spent time on the Internet. She signed my book that I had just purchased as it was new out. THE NEW CUNARD QUEENS by NILS SCHWERDINER. She wrote, To Maggie, best wishes for a happy life. Bea Muller.

May she rest in peace. God Bless Bea. Maggie. x

2009-04-05225834_zpse3790cde.jpg

2009-04-05225701_zpse57a1cb3.jpg

Good afternoon, Maggie:

Thank you very much for sharing your remembrances and your pictures.

They are lovely.

My condolences to her sons, family and friends.

Have read about Mrs. Muller over the years as I found her retirement choice extremely interesting. An older article that appeared in the Tampa Bay Times in 2006:

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/10/31/Seniority/Cabin_fever.shtml

"When you live on the ship," she says, "you get a year younger every year."

Thanks to Mrs. Muller, I now know why I never want to leave the ship. :-)

With so much written on this forum about the Laundry Rooms on board the ships, it was good to read that a "Code 2 in Laundry Room. Code 2 in Laundry Room." was not about someone getting smacked in the face with an iron or getting relieved of their dress by an envious lady who was light- fingered but about water.

"His faith was very deep. He just ran off with my Lord, that's all."

She has now "ran off to be with her Lord"....I would say that is a huge upgrade on her previous accommodations.

" She wrote, To Maggie, best wishes for a happy life. Bea Muller."

Maggie, it appears that Bea's wish has been granted as 'your glass-is-over-flowing-attitude' attests to that fact.

best regards and, again, thanks for sharing:

seasidegal

Hi Ray66:

I have to say 'sorry' as I posted the same article after you had posted your link.

I was making soup and trying to 'multi-task' (guess I'm not very good at doing that :eek:) and missed your post when I went to reply to Maggie.

Different titles and locations but same report.

best regards,

seasidegal who will try to do less 'multi-tasking' in the future. :)

Yes, happily, Ms. Muller did finish her book.

'Queen Elizabeth 2: My Home in Paradise'

Mrs Beatrice Dumont Muller's book, dedicated to Mr Micky Arison,

with a Foreword by John Duffy.

I had a few pleasant chats with Bea during the QE2 2007 world cruise. Like QE2, there won't be another the likes of Bea. Glad I got to meet her.

John Duffy could write a book about not only Bea, but also the entire cast of characters he met during his legendary tenure as Hotel Manager aboard QE2 and Queen Mary 2. He is sorely missed by the crew and the regulars.

Sad to hear.

I remember first hearing about Bea when I was on RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas in 2005. I mentioned how if I could afford it I would never get off the ship to our room steward, and she told me about 'the lady who lives on the QE2'.

Really must be an amazing way to spend several years. Needless to say I dutifully buy my PowerBall ticket every week and keep on hoping!

On our last QE2 crossing in 2008 we had a modest outside cabin directly across from Bea's permanent home. Shortly after the ship sailed from Manhattan we heard a lot of hammering from the cabin. When the door was open we could see a re-construction project in progress. One of the carpenters explained that the lady wanted the bed moved to a different part of the cabin. I said: "She must be an important passenger to rate all that trouble" to which the carpenter replied: "Yes, she lives here". That's when I assumed it was Bea. The article linked above confirms that was her cabin number. I never got to talk to her and I can't be sure we even saw her at any point on the voyage, certainly not going in or out of her cabin.

Good afternoon, Maggie:

Thank you very much for sharing your remembrances and your pictures.

They are lovely.

My condolences to her sons, family and friends.

"

She has now "ran off to be with her Lord"....I would say that is a huge upgrade on her previous accommodations.

" She wrote, To Maggie, best wishes for a happy life. Bea Muller."

Maggie, it appears that Bea's wish has been granted as 'your glass-is-over-flowing-attitude' attests to that fact.

best regards and, again, thanks for sharing:

seasidegal

Thank you Seasidegal for your very kind words. Maggie.x

I had a few pleasant chats with Bea during the QE2 2007 world cruise. Like QE2, there won't be another the likes of Bea. Glad I got to meet her.

John Duffy could write a book about not only Bea, but also the entire cast of characters he met during his legendary tenure as Hotel Manager aboard QE2 and Queen Mary 2. He is sorely missed by the crew and the regulars.

Hi Bobby. Any chance that John Duffy has a book in progress? Hope he is enjoying his new life. Cheers, -S.

Bea Muller, RIP. I got to know her slightly whilst on the Farewell World Cruise of the marvelous QE2 in 2008, as she invariably sat by the piano in the Crystal Lounge outside the Mauritania Restaurant before dinner, tapping her fingers to the music being played. Later, I talked with her on several Queen Mary 2 voyages, and we have exchanged a number of email messages over time. She was a strong individual, and she was always gracious to me. We shared a common interest in South Carolina, of course. There's no doubt about it: she was one of a kind.

Don.

Archived