New p&o your thoughts survey

jessie36

Personally I think going for 3 new options is just ridiculous. People will be even more confused. Offer a decent discount at launch, then the ordinary brochure fare and finally about 2 months out, a Getaway.

Exactly, much easier although I would only offer late deals one month before departure and it would be worst placed cabins in each grade moving early bookers to a preferential spot :-) :-)

Well a good example of them getting things wrong is a transatlantic for this month at £599. That has to be a loss to them given the flight cost. If they had got the vantage fare and subsequent getaway fare right they wouldnt need to offer such a low price.

P&O never said that all the ideas in the survey were going to be applied just asking your opinion of differing ideas.

Knowing how corporate surveys work, they will pick the responses that support their plans and not be directed by the actual volume of responses received. Statistics can be manipulated. Someone at HQ will get promotion and P&O customers will be the ones to suffer.

Knowing how corporate surveys work, they will pick the responses that support their plans and not be directed by the actual volume of responses received. Statistics can be manipulated. Someone at HQ will get promotion and P&O customers will be the ones to suffer.

I agree 100% but there are some on here already thinking that what was asked is set in stone and will be the new system from new brochure next April which no doubt it will not.

As this survey is being sent to both P&O and Cunard passengers maybe the whole thing will be decided by the top bods at Carnival and P&O and Cunard executives may have little say - who knows!

Certainly there are no P&O or Cunard managing directors now - Carol Marlow and Peter Shanks left at the end of September. David Dingle is the overall boss in the UK, but beneath him everyone reports to Gerard Tempest (he reports to Dingle). He's a pure marketing man, and this is all pure marketing. I suspect that it's his way of making an early impact now that Marlow and Shanks have departed. Vantage fares, Getaway fares and the Price Promise were introduced on their watch before Mr T arrived, and (as a marketing man) he will have swiftly become aware of the damage they were doing. I'm pretty sure this will have been his initiative. Indeed he may not have any ideas firmed up yet - he may genuinely be taking soundings.

Certainly there are no P&O or Cunard managing directors now - Carol Marlow and Peter Shanks left at the end of September. David Dingle is the overall boss in the UK, but beneath him everyone reports to Gerard Tempest (he reports to Dingle). He's a pure marketing man, and this is all pure marketing. I suspect that it's his way of making an early impact now that Marlow and Shanks have departed. Vantage fares, Getaway fares and the Price Promise were introduced on their watch before Mr T arrived, and (as a marketing man) he will have swiftly become aware of the damage they were doing. I'm pretty sure this will have been his initiative. Indeed he may not have any ideas firmed up yet - he may genuinely be taking soundings.

Lets hope so as i think they are very behind the times with lots of their ideas when compared to RCI etc.

Apart from the fiasco with the fares this last 2/3 years i also think many things need re-thinking. Amendments for one.

Why can you only amend a cruise once , other companies let you amend as often as you like ( within reason and there are guidelines of course ) as long as you are happy to pay the fee, most dont say new booking has to be higher value either as P&O do when you make your 1st ( and only ) amendment.

P&O are un-movable on this even when personal circumstances dictate you need to alter things, even if its a year in advance its still a big NO if you have already made one change. Big bugbear of mine, it cost us over £600 and wasnt our fault, we just needed to move our cruise forward by two or three weeks, we were happy to pay more, happy to pay the fee but no we were told booking had to be cancelled with loss of all we had paid!!!

Has happened to lots of people and its a very silly outdated jobsworth rule if you ask me.

Archived