Solo on the Allure - My Thoughts

Loving your review. I am booking a solo on the Allure for next October and I cannot wait. I wish you had gone bobsledding, I really want to know what that was like. Did they have a kitchen tour or pasta demonstration? I enjoyed them on the Freedom and wouldn't mind seeing both again. Keep up the great naked men, er.. I mean review, sorry got sidetracked .

Actually, no. I just wanted to be casual and relaxed on this cruise. I thought I might go to the MDR for a breakfast or two - NOPE! And, I thought I would go for lunch just to get the Tutti Salad - NOPE! The salad at the Park Cafe was wonderful and I had that for lunch a few days.

Oh, you took that mention as a compliment? Ummmmmm........yeah, that's how I meant it, that's the ticket!

Actually, I have told Rhonda that I want to cruise with you again. I had so much fun the couple of nights we hung out, is it OK if I post a picture or two of you?

You can hear me talking? With this accent?? Remember the comedian - "What does a pirate from Boston say?" " " :D:D

Funniest Joke Evahhhhhh!

What does a pirate from Boston say?

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Hello again, Well, I see the Glow party got a lot of attention and rightfully so. Now, back to day 7. After the Let You Entertain Me show, they held the International Men's Belly Flop contest, which had previously been postponed due to Oscar, Oscar, Oscar.

232323232%7Ffp54373%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D3699%3A%3A%3C248348nu0mrj

It's a good thing they postpones it because I heard there was only one person signed up for it the first time. That would have been one short contest. This time, we had a wide range of able bodied contestants.

232323232%7Ffp543%3C9%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D3699%3A95%3B86348nu0mrj

In another bit of foreshadowing, that fellow at the end with his hands upraised DID end up winning the whole thing. He was kind of a ringer, though. He was from Argentina and had won the Belly Flop on this ship SIX times previously! :eek: Don't let that skinny, white body fool you - he knows his way around the pool. One unique thing about this pool is that they have an underwater camera. I think it is usually used for keeping an eye on the divers during OceanAria, but, the Belly Floppers put it to good use, swimming up to it and giving thumbs up, that sort of thing.

One funny thing that happened, the people in the fancy suites came out onto their balcony to see what was going on. The CD and his assistant immediately fell to their knees and apologized for disturbing them. :D He said, it's just us simple folk trying to entertain ourselves. He instructed the suite dwellers to jingle their gold jewelry to let the floppers know how they rated with them.

232323232%7Ffp734%3B4%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D3699%3A%3A%3C249348nu0mrj

This band was playing a little Dixieland Jazz on the Boardwalk when we came out. Very nice, I want to go to New Orleans!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv545%3C%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E278%3A9%3A4%3C78257ot1lsi

This thread has been absolutely fantastic. I've learned about so many thing to do on the Allure that I didn't know about before, despite reading about 1,000 reviews on CC :eek: :D

I hope I can be on a cruise with you someday - you seem like a lot of fun. :cool:

Continuing down the Boardwalk, who did I see riding the Carousel? My old friend, Cynthia!

232323232%7Ffp7349%3A%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D3699%3A95%3B8%3B348nu0mrj

And, my other old friend, Puss In Boots!

232323232%7Ffp543%3A8%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D3699%3A%3A%3C252348nu0mrj

Cynthia wanted her picture taken doing the Zipline, so, I was happy to oblige. I don't know if I really knew how to work her camera, though. I hope she at least got a few good ones. There was no wait for the Zip Line, in fact, she did it twice.

After that, I headed to my cabin to begin packing. :( It seemed the week had gone by in an instant. Here is the debris field as I packed.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3A6%3B%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E27945%3B548%3A257ot1lsi

I headed out early to get a better seat at the Dreamworks parade than I had before. I ended up in front of the Bow & Stern Pub. It was fun, I didn't get any pictures, but, I had a much better view. I even saw a few children!

After the Parade, I headed to Johnny Rockets for a burger and fries.

232323232%7Ffp73486%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3A36%3A63%3B4348nu0mrj

It was pretty good, I was the only one eating outside.

232323232%7Ffp73496%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3A36%3A63%3B5348nu0mrj

This thread has been absolutely fantastic. I've learned about so many thing to do on the Allure that I didn't know about before, despite reading about 1,000 reviews on CC :eek: :D

I hope I can be on a cruise with you someday - you seem like a lot of fun. :cool:

I'm more fun than a barrel full of monkeys! :D

Then, I wandered around the Boardwalk for a bit, ending my cruise the same way I began it.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3A%3C69%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E27945%3B54%3A9257ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp7347%3A%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3A36%3B33%3C3348nu0mrj

Hello, Kitty!

232323232%7Ffp734%3B4%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3A36%3A35%3A4348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3B4%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3A36%3A359%3B348nu0mrj

After that, I finally went to the comedy show. After being denied all week, they FINALLY moved it to the Amber theater so anyone who wanted to come could. The two comedians, Phil Tag and Dan Wilson were hilarious. Somehow, Cynthia and I found each other and we laughed and laughed!

We hit the Promenade Cafe for one last snack.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv89%3A4%3Dot%3E2794%3D479%3D857%3D36%3A3479766348nu0mrj

And that was it, the cruise was over.

A few random thoughts, I never did get to do some of the things I wanted to do. Get a hot dog or sausage from the Dog House. I didn't go see Chicago. I didn't ride the Carousel.

I was disappointed in the way the food was handled at night. After 9-9:30, the only place you could get food was the Promenade Cafe, cold sandwiches and pastries , Or Sorrento's, bleccch pizza.

I just got off the Enchantment and once all the other restaurants shut down for the evening, the Park Cafe opened! They were the place to go after the shows let out or the clubs.

I was on a ship once, I think it was the Seabreeze and they had a pasta bar open every night. 5 or 6 kinds of pasta and 5 or 6 kinds of sauce. It was fabulous and just hit the spot before bed. I wish Sorrento's had this instead of just pizza. I believe HAL had a pasta station at the WJ open late as well.

But, these are just small complaints compared to the overall fabulousness that was this cruise! I cannot wait to go back on the Allure. I will have to keep my eye out for another low supplement. I'm kind of worried that I am going to be bored on the Grandeur, now. You know, once they see the big city lights, you can't keep 'em down on the farm. I guess I will just have to write another, LIVE review this time to keep me occupied! :)

Any questions???

I'm more fun than a barrel full of monkeys! :D

Lol. You crack me up. Wish you were on our Allure cruise in 4 weeks. We'd probably be laughing so much at the M&G our ribs would be hurting us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Wow, well I guess your review was a nice way to spend MY ENTIRE WEEKEND!

Back to work tomorrow. Awesome review.

Did you write a review for Enchantment? And also, you make the comparison on Park Cafe and Cafe Promenade. Is one better than the other? I thought they were basically the same on both ships.

Thanks again. Especially for the laughs. But Hey, ....You're Cool, Like That!

Wow, well I guess your review was a nice way to spend MY ENTIRE WEEKEND!

Back to work tomorrow. Awesome review.

Did you write a review for Enchantment? And also, you make the comparison on Park Cafe and Cafe Promenade. Is one better than the other? I thought they were basically the same on both ships.

Thanks again. Especially for the laughs. But Hey, ....You're Cool, Like That!

That's right, I am cool like that! No, this is my first review, I have read so many others, I figured maybe somebody would like to hear my opinions. ;) God knows, I LOVE giving my opinion! No, they are NOT the same, Park Cafe serves hot food and Promenade only cold food. I remember getting the Kummelweck, pizza, my friend got nachos, stuff like that at Park Cafe. And they were open till 2 or 3am. I don't think the Park Cafe on the Enchantment served breakfast, if it did, I was just not aware of it. :)

Thank-you Maureen for a wonderful review.

I wish the WJ would stay open a bit later, even for a small dish of pasta. Johnny Rockets in one of our favourites, epically the peanut butter milkshake. We found the Dog House a perfect spot for a quick lunch.

You need to book another cruise ASAP so I can look forward to another of you classic reviews. DW liked the photo of the strongmen;). CD Allan Brooks is also one of our favourites. I am also happy to see and read that as a solo cruiser you were able to have the same if not more fun that the rest on board the ship. On a more serious note I hope your mom is feeling better.

Andrew

Maureen,

I too, loved your review. You had me laughing out loud. Can't wait to read your review of the Grandeur. I w3on't be back till Dec 23 so I hope you will have started it by then.

Thanks again,

Judy

You need to book another cruise ASAP so I can look forward to another of you classic reviews. DW liked the photo of the strongmen;).

Andrew

Hey, Al :) , how are you doing? I got you beat, I head out on the Grandeur in 46 days. She liked THE photo? Honey, I posted at least 100 pics of half naked strong men! ;) And you should see the ones I didn't post, my private stash. :eek:

Thanks, everybody for the kind words, you have encouraged me to try another review. Watch for it this December!

Thanks, also, for the kind words about Mom. She is much stronger and just may get released this week! :)

Hey, Al :) , how are you doing? I got you beat, I head out on the Grandeur in 46 days. She liked THE photo? Honey, I posted at least 100 pics of half naked strong men! ;) Thanks, also, for the kind words about Mom. She is much stronger and just may get released this week! :)

Hearing about your mom makes me smile. Hopefully this will be the week. Obviously you got many of your positive traits from her.:) As for the half naked men... I didn't even notice one of them let alone a hundred pictures.

46 days? We have you beat, as we are on Oasis in 26 days. Race you to port!

Hmm, let me know what cruises you book next year. Maybe we can coincidentally end up on the same ship at the same time.;)

Hmmm, We may have already shared a ship, what day in April did you go on Jewel this year, I was there from the 4th to the 8th. I looked at your pics, but, didn't see myself in any of them.