Royal Caribbean reserved areas on ships

Interesting, this topic would only be about 4 pages long if so many were not repeating good and bad info that was posted several times on page 1 about what a Gold Card is in regards to perks on a Royal Caribbean ship. :D

I too have concerns about how cheaply Royal has decided to reward their valued suite guests; but I've expressed them before on previous battlefields. :eek:

Whats up with the "EEK" symbol? Isnt it part of the travel experience to not be around "equals"..?

It was a surprise to us; I think that it would be a surprise to most people reading my post, and it was part of our experience, which I described in my post.

I did complain at the customer relations desk and was told its policy across the full fleet of ships. I asked why is this not stated in the brochures that certain areas of the ships will not be accessable to all passengers, and was not given an answer.

So how was your cruise other than that ?

FYI I remember seeing that on my first cruise in 2008. If you want to get that type of room and pay the high price then you can go there :)

I've looked at them with envy too. Then I remembered that I was a fair skin blonde and they weren't quite as appealing. What good would they do me if I could only sit there for 10 - 15 minutes? I couldn't even finish a frozen drink in that time. :D

You can't?!?!?!?!? :eek: (there's that EEK face again!)

Just returned from a 14 day cruise on the Adventure of the Seas to the Canary isles from Southampton.

It’s about three years since I have cruised with Royal Caribbean.

I was shocked and rather disappointed to see that certain areas of the ship were reserved for gold card holders only, for example the centre tiered section of the main pool was roped off and a sign posted "Gold card holders only”, and the

centre balcony section of the theatre. The staff did allow non gold card holders into the theatre section as the performance was about to begin, if there were any seats not taken by gold card holders. This meant there was always a crowd of people waiting at the entrance to this section, and then a mad rush and push for the seats when the rope was dropped.

I am all for people getting value for money and understand that Gold card holders have paid higher fares but my complaint is their extra privileges effect other customers by the above segregations and exclusions on the ship. The discrimination that one feels when asked to sit in a shaded area by the pool when there are plenty of empty seats in the sun or to have to wait in a queue to see if gold card holders will come to take up their seat is quite upsetting and should be highlighted in the holiday brochure.

Royal Caribbean “the nation of why not” it’s because you are not a gold card holder, that’s why not.:mad:

This post comes as such a shock to me. The OP is usually such a POSITIVE person................

Just returned from the Dubai to Dubai cruise on the Brilliance of the seas.

Its been about three years since I last sailed with RC.

But noticed how much the prices for items onboard as gone up . Drink and excursions to give an example. Nearly $10 for a glass of beer:mad:

The quality of food has gone down. I was on a table of 8 and we all thougth the food in the restaurant was terrible. They don't even put the chocolates on your pillow anymore.:) The windjammer closed at 9.30pm and all you are left with is a snack bar.

I feel as long as the ships are full, it's the old story of "supply and demand". They will keep putting those prices up and up and the service down where possible.

You can't?!?!?!?!? :eek: (there's that EEK face again!)

EEKK I can't sit there for longer than 15 minutes or I can't finish my drink quicker? I can't help the fair skin blue eye thing, but I'll work on my drinking for you. :D (slurp slurp - no brain freeze, slurp slurp)

This post reminds me of the woman on a previous cruise who went into Johnny Rockets, at peak lunch time and raised a huge stink because she had to wait 10 minutes for the waiter to come take her order. She caused such a scene the other passengers including myself and my husband laughed at her.

My grandmother had a saying....."some people would ***** if they were hung with a new rope"

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived