Royal Caribbean reserved areas on ships

I just got off Oasis too. I was in a Crown Loft. The OP will surely be upset as I had a private hall accessible with the "gold card." I had a loft bedroom, larger balcony, access to the Concierge Lounge. I did use the "gold card" seating for the pool, but didn't like the "gold card" seating fort he theater or Ice Show. I would have been more than happy to give those seats to the OP.

Oh, by the way, had Barefoot Beach in Labadee! You know, if you want those perks, simply book a GS or higher. No discrimination there. ANYONE can pony up the money and book one.

Oh yeah.... the Crown Loft has a shower with THREE heads! Take that OP!

Why are so many so mean? Be nice!:)

I was thinking the same thing. The OP stated they were unhappy and geez did everyone get harsh. If you disagree with the complaint just move on. I'm sure everyone who told him to quit complaining has never complained about anything!

This has never bothered me because I sit in the Solarium and go between the two. So what if there is a small roped off area at least its not in a prime area as people have stated.

You really love to nit pick about such a small thing. A cruiseline does not have to mention to you that an area will be reserved for their top tier customers.

Were you so deprived that you couldn't find one open chair?

And then you complain to Guest Services like they are going to do anything for you. Yea that's a sweet move. Just wait until you need to complain about something in your cabin the Guest Services agent will have a deaf ear.

When I arrived to my cabin I found out that there was only one small chair instead of the promised 2 person loveseat and they worked hard to find me a cabin with a 2 seater loveseat as this one chair was not conductive to enjoying room service for 2 and the cabin was made for 4 passengers.

Point is these little things about a roped off area are not worth complaining about. If you were there without a Gold card and an attendant asked you to move would you cause a scene?

Would you cause a scene if the flight attendant told you the front cabin lavratory is for First Class passengers?

End of Rant.

And I will assume the OP didn't have access to the Diamond event or the Concierge Lounge. I don't know, but if the OP is from the UK then they should know how that royalty stuff works.

When we sail in a suite, we don't sit in the Gold seats, rather just be anonymous and blend in with the commoners.

Why are so many so mean? Be nice!:)

I was thinking the same thing. The OP stated they were unhappy and geez did everyone get harsh. If you disagree with the complaint just move on. I'm sure everyone who told him to quit complaining has never complained about anything!

I agree too

So, are the rules we're only allowed to post if we agree with the OP? I say all those that are conflict adverse should't read any threads. The point is, that most of us corrected the OP's assertion that he wasn't "told".

After all, he's complaining about something that wasn't hidden from anyone. He just didnt' care for the fact the reserved seating exists. Sorry.

I can't believe someone is complaining about this!

Pinnacle or Full Suite = More Perks

You pay more, you get more. And frankly, if you're Pinnacle, doesn't that mean you have over 700 points? That means you've spent nearly 2 years on board or a little under a year onboard in suites. Good customers get better perks. Plain and simple.

I thought the gold card seating in the theater was sub par and who wants to sit in the direct sunlight by the pool?

I've only been on one cruise, but I certainly didn't feel slighted by any of the service I received, which was A1 even in a mere balcony!

Want more perks?*Pay for them!

I think that people are distressed with the OP since he expected customer service to do something about it. I have a rule with Customer Service. If they can fix it, then I ask them to take care of it, otherwise, I let it slide.

To Thecumbrian:

On my last cruise on the Allure I was too busy enjoying my cruise to notice roped off sections anywhere. It is the best ship I have ever been on and that's why we booked it again. Once on board there were always so many open seats on the pool decks and we always got a good seat at shows due to showing up early. Going on vacation is about enjoying it and not worrying about the little things. I am also a firm believer in you get what you pay for (unless it's on sale). My friend & I booked a GS this time and it is double the price of the outside balcony we got last time. The tradeoff for paying extra is all those perks and the OBC we will be receiving(and I hope it's worth the extra $) I have been in more insides and some balcony cabins and never felt anything negative towards people who have had the opportunity to book bigger and get more out of it. I hope your attitude didn't ruin your vacation.

wrong.

Gold cards are ALSO given to Pinnacle and I think D+ as well. even if they are in a teeny tiny inside cabin in the bowels of the ship.

Diamond plus do not get gold cards in a teeny cabin in the bowels or on a balcony. Have to be in a full suite. Card of course says diamond plus.

This is NOT a "no disagreement zone" :mad:. I think a lot of people reacted to the somewhat childish snit over such a minor issue that the OP went on by swearing that they would never ever sail on Royal again. :rolleyes: My reaction, were I a gold card member, to the "exclusive" poolside seating for the gold cards? ---- "Thanks, but no thanks, as I headed for the Solarium. :D

Yes it did. I complained on the ship and then forgot about it. I just won't cruise with them again. Plently more ships on the sea.

Try celebrity, we like the line better than Royal even though they are owned by the same company.

My point

I was not told when I booked the cruise that certain public areas of the ship would not be accessible to me.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. You had access to both the pool and the theater, just not every single seat in either location. I honestly don't understand why it would consume you so.:confused:

Yes it did. I complained on the ship and then forgot about it. I just won't cruise with them again. Plently more ships on the sea.
I thought you said you were going back to P&O in 2011 when Royal stopped giving the pillow chocolate??? :confused: :confused: :p

I'd like to know if the OP complained to customer service about the Solarium? No one under 16 allowed. That IS outright discrimination after all. Children, revolt!

My guess is that he was fine with that.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

To amplify, if the OP was unhappy about the reserved pool seats and reserved theater seats, obviously he has not researched the 3 class system on the QM, each with it's own restaurant. As well as bars, etc.

I like to sit at the rear of the theater to take pictures with my superzoom camera and those seats are never crowded. Which is why I like 'em, no heads bobbin around in front of me. And the somewhat steep angle means that I have a clear line to the stage.

And a further bit of advise to the OP, don't even think about booking NCL. Their suite benefits are INSANE!

Wow op... Why did you ever leave your cabin after being treated like pond scum?

What's next? You gonna tell us about people saving tables at WJ while their family is at the buffet and you couldn't sit anywhere because there was a dedicated seating area there for gold sea pass cardholders?

I'll also chime in along with everyone else. Those reserved seating areas are both online and in the print literature. Just because you knew you couldn't afford the suite rates, doesn't mean you get a pass for not reading their perks.

Grow. Up.

Try celebrity, we like the line better than Royal even though they are owned by the same company.

I think that he would be MORE annoyed when he boards and finds that unless he is in an AquaClass stateroom, he may not eat in Blu!

:eek:

Most, but not all, of the respondents on this thread have been North Americans.

I discovered something very different from our experiences in the Caribbean and around the Americas, when we sailed on the Independence out of Southampton.

On that particular trip, two years ago, we were three of only 120 Americans on board. (:eek:)

We experienced something SO strange, SO foreign, SO............odd, that I wasn't sure what to make of it.

But it certainly made me use my status to get into that reserved seating, even though those seats were up in the balcony.

On that cruise, and, I suspect, on thecumbrian's cruise, the passengers MOB the theater the moment the doors are unlocked. They SWARM in, and plant themselves, not caring about the 45 or so minutes until show time.

And they attend EVERY show. EVERY show is full to the rafters, with EVERY seat taken.

It's as though they expect the Queen to make an appearance, or maybe Benny Hill. ;)

I had never seen this before, nor have I seen it since.

Seats truly are at a premium in the theater on cruises out of Southampton.

This in NO WAY means that I support thecumbrian's attitude.

But I understand in a way that you all may not.

That will only last until he tries to eat dinner at Blu and is told it is only for Aqua Suite passengers.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

These small areas of the ship that are reserved for suite guests don't bother me because there are typically lot's of other seats at the same venue. I wonder how the OP would react if one of the restaurants/clubs was closed for a private affair when they wanted to attend? In my opinion that has more of an impact.

If everybody who disagreed with the OP "just moved on" the OP would go through life with the mistaken impression that they had a valid complaint. That would be unfair to him.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived