Favorite thing?

angelwluck

Hmmmm just one ????

favorite thing: cant decide so diving, dolphin encounter at Anthonys key and the dune buggy tour with Sandblasters.

favorite meal: ceviche at Pristine Bay or lobster melt at the Lighthouse restaurant in West End Village

favorite see: sunsets on West Bay beach or monkey sitting on my husbands head at Gumbalimba park :eek: hahahahaha

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmmm just one ????

favorite thing: cant decide so diving, dolphin encounter at Anthonys key and the dune buggy tour with Sandblasters.

favorite meal: ceviche at Pristine Bay or lobster melt at the Lighthouse restaurant in West End Village

favorite see: sunsets on West Bay beach or monkey sitting on my husbands head at Gumbalimba park :eek: hahahahaha

I've read about the lighthouse but this is the first I've seen if the restaurant. Is it safe to assume it's ground level? A lobster melt sounds fabulous! !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I've read about the lighthouse but this is the first I've seen if the restaurant. Is it safe to assume it's ground level? A lobster melt sounds fabulous! !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

There is indeed a lighthouse on Roatan......way up on a hill on the road to West End/West Bay beach.

But the Lighthouse Restaurant is not there. It is in West End Village down at one end of the beach.

And it is at ground level..... and yes, the lobster melt was really good. It sometimes is not on the menu but if you ask for it - you shall receive ;)

Snorkeling in West Bay... great coral canyons 100 feet off the shoreline... get a lot of the feel of scuba with just a mask, snorkel and fins :)

Also visiting with the children at the orphanage and leaving supplies with them was a great experience for our family too.

So how, what was the catamaran? Did you snorkel.? Who did you go thru?

We booked the Barrier Reef thru the cruise line both times we did it. The catamaran was very nice and not crowded. Both times the cat took us to a dock where we changed over to a dive boat to actually go to the Barrier Reef. Yes, we did snorkel which was awesome. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We had an amazing day in Roatan. We toured with Tex from Victor Bodden's tours. We really enjoyed it. This evening your post is making me think of our wonderful time having lunch at the Half Moon Bay Resort. FYI - Victor says it is his daughter's favorite place to go. We loved it. We sat out on the patio. On the patio, you literally have water splashing up on your feet as the patio is right over the bay. On the patio we could look right and see the beautiful ocean and left and see the wonderful bay. It was amazing! We had the lobster lunch. It was $20. The lunch was two lobster tails, a baked potato and a salad. It was yummy. We both also had a Pina Colada. Now, I have had more Pina Colada's than I would care to mention. I think I am an expert! This was one of the very best. Also, the service was superb!

I would say having Tex to ourselves to explore this island was just amazing. One of my best port days ever!:D:D:D

We had an amazing day in Roatan. We toured with Tex from Victor Bodden's tours. We really enjoyed it. This evening your post is making me think of our wonderful time having lunch at the Half Moon Bay Resort. FYI - Victor says it is his daughter's favorite place to go. We loved it. We sat out on the patio. On the patio, you literally have water splashing up on your feet as the patio is right over the bay. On the patio we could look right and see the beautiful ocean and left and see the wonderful bay. It was amazing! We had the lobster lunch. It was $20. The lunch was two lobster tails, a baked potato and a salad. It was yummy. We both also had a Pina Colada. Now, I have had more Pina Colada's than I would care to mention. I think I am an expert! This was one of the very best. Also, the service was superb!

I would say having Tex to ourselves to explore this island was just amazing. One of my best port days ever!:D:D:D

We are scheduled with Tex next month and we can hardly wait. Looking forward to our private tour of the island.

• 1 month later...
how much was the catamaran in Roatan?

105 pp and very worth it. This was the Free Radical. I think you need to book a group of 10 for that price. The boat will fit more than twice that many.

Neither my wife or I snorkeled but this would be a great way to do it! They anchor right off the Cow and Calf and you do what you want. Four hours boat time and they provide transport from your port and back.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Snorkeling. Best snorkeling ever. PERIOD. Snorkeled off West Bay and Maya Key. Love it. I was just there last week and I'm ready to go back. Actually, I didn't want to leave. Lol.

any more info about your experience? Any pictures of the sea life?

• 1 month later...
I LOVE zipline and beach with Christopher Tours! They treat you like family and you have a blast! I already have them booked again for Dec of next yr.

Great answers from everyone. I've been to Roatan maybe 10 times as a port stop, always loved the snorkeling. When I heard that there are direct flights from the USA, I booked a week at Infinity Hotel next to Tabayana Beach. Great thing about cruising is the snapshot of the port/island one gets in the 8 hrs docked, I can decide if I want to return for a land stay. I've done this for places like San Pedro in Belize, St Kitts, La Romana and Punta Cana and now Roatan. St. Croix may be next?