Rhapsody 2015 Relocation

Yay just received our C&A email too, except it said Dear Graham and there's no Graham in our household...lol.

Anyway, I am pleased to read another Voyager Class ship will be coming down plus Radiance. Sad to see Rhapsody depart, she's a nice ship. However Celebrity will have Century here which is similar in size to Rhapsody and at the end of her season we can all jump on board and relocate to Europe. :)

Jill :)

Yay just received our C&A email too, except it said Dear Graham and there's no Graham in our household...lol.

Anyway, I am pleased to read another Voyager Class ship will be coming down plus Radiance. Sad to see Rhapsody depart, she's a nice ship. However Celebrity will have Century here which is similar in size to Rhapsody and at the end of her season we can all jump on board and relocate to Europe. :)

Already on her end of season relocate to Europe and it is filling very quickly

As all if us loyalists are wanting to do that relocation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As said earlier, I'd have been surprised if a Freedom class was coming here now.

Maybe one day, but not yet. One of the aims of the Voyager revitalisation program was to make those class of ships more easily able to come here.

Edited by The_Big_M

As said earlier, I'd have been surprised if a Freedom class was coming here now.

Maybe one day, but not yet. One of the aims of the Voyager revitalisation program was to make those class of ships more easily able to come here.

Well one thing they are doing is fitting tenders so they can do tendered ports here

8 tenders each in fact

So looking forward to it

Well one thing they are doing is fitting tenders so they can do tendered ports here

8 tenders each in fact

So looking forward to it

Yes, that's the main thing for that.

I'm still uncertain how it will go due to the much larger passenger load. Although Freedom class also tenders it was designed that way. Sometimes retrofitting doesn't work so well. But have to wait to see!

Yes, that's the main thing for that.

I'm still uncertain how it will go due to the much larger passenger load. Although Freedom class also tenders it was designed that way. Sometimes retrofitting doesn't work so well. But have to wait to see!

Yeah I am wondering weather the tenders are going to be like what's on vision and radiance class or larger

But using 8 should make it quicker loading a couple at a time

Remains to be seen

Hope it goes ok

Greg

All good news in my books and glad it panned out the way several of us guessed:D

Will def book on one of the refurbished ships and our son might just be a new Royal cruiser as he said that if its got a wave rider he will come:)

Hugh

All good news in my books and glad it panned out the way several of us guessed:D

Will def book on one of the refurbished ships and our son might just be a new Royal cruiser as he said that if its got a wave rider he will come:)

Hugh

Must say I want the flow rider also

Never tried one yet

We are booked to cruise to Singapore from Sydney on Rhapsody on 17th of April 2015. Rhapsody is relocating to Asia and no longer going to Hawaii and back to Alaska. I don't know which ship is replacing her on the Alaska run and I am not sure if she is returning for our summer season in 2015 although I believe she will be.

Hey My name is Graham......you must have got my email:D::D:D.

I actually got mine today......and it said Dear Graham ...how strange

We are booked to cruise to Singapore from Sydney on Rhapsody on 17th of April 2015. Rhapsody is relocating to Asia and no longer going to Hawaii and back to Alaska. I don't know which ship is replacing her on the Alaska run and I am not sure if she is returning for our summer season in 2015 although I believe she will be.

Rhapsody will not return to Australia. There are several threads on this subject. She is relocating to Europe, not Asia. We are on the next leg to Dubai, wish we could stay on longer to Istanbul.

Both Explorer and Voyager plus Radiance of the Seas will be based in Sydney for the summer of 2015. There appears there will be a BIG event in November.

Possibility that Legend will also be in Australia and possibly based in Brisbane.

Currently there is no replacement for Rhapsody in Alaska/Hawaii. RCCL is sending Jewel of the Seas to join Radiance of the Seas in Alaska for the 2015 season. Only Radiance will return to Australia via Hawaii. Not sure if there will be 2 or just 1 ship doing the TP from Hawaii.

BTW, welcome to Cruise Critic.

Edited by cassamanda

Hey My name is Graham......you must have got my email:D::D:D.

I actually got mine today......and it said Dear Graham ...how strange

Hi Graham.....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Its a shame we are getting another Voyager class ship as I found Voyager when we cruised on her was too crowded for our liking. Too many cruisers trying to get into too small venues. We couldn't get a seat in All venues except main dining and lascala theatre. Don't get me wrong the ship is beautiful just crowded. We prefer the smaller Vision class and Radiance class ships, and will have less choice, with two Voyager class ships.

Its a shame we are getting another Voyager class ship as I found Voyager when we cruised on her was too crowded for our liking. Too many cruisers trying to get into too small venues. We couldn't get a seat in All venues except main dining and lascala theatre. Don't get me wrong the ship is beautiful just crowded. We prefer the smaller Vision class and Radiance class ships, and will have less choice, with two Voyager class ships.

I found only a couple if venues tended to be busy

It has it's advantages but we are getting legend also

So no real loss :)

That's only a rumour... just like getting Freedom class, and a whole bunch of other rumours over time...

I have been told by a number if senior staff as I was also at same time told if explorer so I give it a fair bit of credence

Will know in a week or teo

Yeah I am wondering weather the tenders are going to be like what's on vision and radiance class or larger

But using 8 should make it quicker loading a couple at a time

Remains to be seen

Hope it goes ok

Greg

Not sure if being able to load 2 tenders simultaneously at the ship end will make much difference. Many of the tender jetty/wharves can only handle one boat at a time. Just transfers the bottleneck to the other end of the line.

Time will tell, I guess...

Not sure if being able to load 2 tenders simultaneously at the ship end will make much difference. Many of the tender jetty/wharves can only handle one boat at a time. Just transfers the bottleneck to the other end of the line.

Time will tell, I guess...

Yeah will have to see how it works

Cheers

Heading to rhapsody now

Take care

Geeg

Received e-mail from RCI last night...

We are proud to announce some very exciting news regarding our fleet in the Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific region.

Explorer of the Seas will join the region's local fleet in November 2015. This 3,800-guest megaliner is part of the Voyager Class of ships and is the sister ship to Voyager of the Seas. Both ships will be based in Sydney and will share the prestigious mantel of 'Australia's biggest megaliner'. Explorer of the Seas replaces Rhapsody of the Seas, which will leave the local fleet in April 2015 after eight successive seasons.

Radiance of the Seas will return to the region again for the 2015-2016 Australia New Zealand cruise season and continue to sail on her popular itineraries, with a focus on cruising in the South Pacific and around Australia.

Royal Caribbean's South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand 2015-16 cruise season will be on sale from Tuesday 29 April 2014.

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

Operating down-under for the very first time from November 2015, Explorer of the Seas will bring with it many of the Voyager Class features we have come to love. On board you'll find an ice-skating rink, Broadway-style entertainment, 15 different bars & lounges and, of course, the infamous Royal Promenade - with parades, dancing and duty-free shopping deals.

Edited by Hazydavo