Rhapsody 2015 Relocation

I've seen reports that RCI have stopped taking bookings for the Rhapsody's relocation cruise from Sydney to Hawaii in 2015, leading speculation it may be cancelled. Why would they do that though?

Edited by Host Walt

Maybe she might be going to Asia after her Australia season?? Or she maybe even going to give P&O, Princess and Carnival, a run for their money and stay down under for the winter?? (Isn't she a favourite for Australians??).

Or even she might not be coming back down under in 2015?? ( But I don't think so).

I have been told by RCI that bookings for the relocation cruise of the Rhapsody, Sydney to Honolulu in April 2015, are closed for "Inventory Maintenance".

Here's hoping they are finally going to give us the Rhapsody full time - last week I 'heard' that whilst it hadn't been confirmed, the Radiance would not be returning here after it's relocation back to Honolulu in April 2015.

Who knows but I wish they would tell us.

Cheers

Di

Here's hoping they are finally going to give us the Rhapsody full time - last week I 'heard' that whilst it hadn't been confirmed, the Radiance would not be returning here after it's relocation back to Honolulu in April 2015.

That rumour of the Radiance not coming back to Australia after 2015, has been around since the middle of last season, and seem to hold a bit of truth to it, going by what people have been saying.

That rumour of the Radiance not coming back to Australia after 2015, has been around since the middle of last season, and seem to hold a bit of truth to it, going by what people have been saying.

When we were on the Radiance up to Honolulu in April this year, there was a lot of speculation about whether or not it would be returning but then the bookings opened up. There has also been a lot of speculation about the Rhapsody too, so I wonder whether the "Inventory" is really "Itinerary".

Cheers

Di

Maybe the rumour that Mariner is coming down under may be true, perhaps replacing Radiance :confused::confused:

Maybe Graham (Gbenjo) can find out for us :confused:

Edited by gaechann

I've seen reports that RCI have stopped taking bookings for the Rhapsody's relocation cruise from Sydney to Hawaii in 2015, leading speculation it may be cancelled. Why would they do that though?

Aside from the above, there are other less glamorous reasons like going into dry dock, or just changing itineraries, or being chartered.

Having her year round would be nice - but I don't think is likely then.

Edited by Host Walt

At a Welcome Back Party on Radiance last year the Loyalty Officer in her brief advised that:

Rhapsody was to be replaced either 2015 or 2016 with a Freedom Class ship. As a new cruiser I wrote this information down I did not know the ships that well and wanted to look them up when I got home. So we would not miss out on our sailing on the three current RCI ships we booked on Voyager (Jan this year) and Rhapsody (Feb next year). Thinking it would give us time to save so we could sail on the new ship when it arrived.

The 'Rumour Mill' within an hour had Mariner coming 'down under' as the replacement ship then after several hours it was back to the Freedom Class ship - no name, then it was Freedom of the Seas as it was the oldest.

Radiance and Voyager would continue with there rotations.

The question was asked where Rhapsody was going to and she would not say but the 'Rumour Mill' suggested that it would be Europe.

At a Welcome Back Party on Radiance last year the Loyalty Officer in her brief advised that:

Rhapsody was to be replaced either 2015 or 2016 with a Freedom Class ship. As a new cruiser I wrote this information down I did not know the ships that well and wanted to look them up when I got home. So we would not miss out on our sailing on the three current RCI ships we booked on Voyager (Jan this year) and Rhapsody (Feb next year). Thinking it would give us time to save so we could sail on the new ship when it arrived.

The 'Rumour Mill' within an hour had Mariner coming 'down under' as the replacement ship then after several hours it was back to the Freedom Class ship - no name, then it was Freedom of the Seas as it was the oldest.

Radiance and Voyager would continue with there rotations.

The question was asked where Rhapsody was going to and she would not say but the 'Rumour Mill' suggested that it would be Europe.

I heard. Similar rumour on Voyager earlier this year. I was told it would be Liberty of the Seas. I really hope the rumour is true but the ship is so big I think they would have trouble finding places for it to visit.

I personally would like to keep Radiance here all year round. The ship is perfect in every way (well except I'd prefer to use Aussie $ onboard lol).

Rhapsody of the Seas is booked into Fremantle Port (Perth) Western Australia on 13 September 2016 and 20 September 2017. For Rhapsody to make this commitment she would have to leave Alaska early August. It would be safe to say Rhapsody it is not on the Alaska run 2016 and 2017.

http://www.fremantleports.com.au/Visiting/Cruising/Pages/Cruise-Ship-Visits.aspx

RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS is in Civitavecchia (Rome) according to Rome Ports website.

Between July and September 2015 in Rome every Sunday.

Yay............. just maybe there will be a repo on offer soon....... i'm queueing up now:D:D:D nothing beats a lazy cruise to Europe.....cheers Shiona

Edited by badgerbill

Maybe she might be going to Asia after her Australia season?? Or she maybe even going to give P&O, Princess and Carnival, a run for their money and stay down under for the winter?? (Isn't she a favourite for Australians??).

Or even she might not be coming back down under in 2015?? ( But I don't think so).

I hope that Rhapsody is in Australia in April 2015 as I have booked a Queensland cruise and as it will be my first time in Australia I would be soooo disappointed if it were not to happen.

Just found on port schedule.....Rhapsody of the Seas arriving Darwin lunchtime on April 25 2015 having come from Cairns with next port Bali............ the plot thickens....

Hmmm.. Great spy work :cool: Thanks

Interesting... We need to go to the Med in 2015.. We brought the Solstice down to Sydney last year.. To re-trace and deliver the Rhapsody to Rome would be perfect :D

Sue and Phil