Rhapsody 2015 Relocation

I am also interested in cruising the Singapore to Dubai and Dubai to Istanbul sectors. Does anyone know where the Rhapsody is going from there?

Regards Elaine.

Sadly, it seems no further info yet. Although CC sleuths have found that it is supposedly booked in, and porting from Rome from July to Sept 2015...

Just hoping that Black Sea from Istanbul fills in the gap, and that will save us changing ships :D

Just gotta wait and see....:confused:

Sue and Phil

Sadly, it seems no further info yet. Although CC sleuths have found that it is supposedly booked in, and porting from Rome from July to Sept 2015...

Just hoping that Black Sea from Istanbul fills in the gap, and that will save us changing ships :D

Just gotta wait and see....:confused:

Sue and Phil

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to stay on the ship and do a Med cruise. Just need to be patient:)

Elaine.

Maybe the rumour that Mariner is coming down under may be true, perhaps replacing Radiance :confused::confused:

Maybe Graham (Gbenjo) can find out for us :confused:

Don't know about Radiance but "it would appear" that Rhapsody will not be back after 2015 season but "rumour has it";);) the Legend will replace her and yes she will fit under the bridge and operate from White (Elephant) Bay....great terminal ...lousy location:eek:

Don't know about Radiance but "it would appear" that Rhapsody will not be back after 2015 season but "rumour has it";);) the Legend will replace her and yes she will fit under the bridge and operate from White (Elephant) Bay....great terminal ...lousy location:eek:

ships from the Vision Class

Rhapsody and Legend are virtually the same ship. How will Legend get under the bridge when Rhapsody cannot?

Edited by springaussie

ships from the Vision Class

Rhapsody and Legend are virtually the same ship. How will Legend get under the bridge when Rhapsody cannot?

Legend of the Seas was apparently the first RCCL ship to come to Sydney ( so I am led to believe) and fitted under the bridge then and berthed at Darling Harbour so unless she has got bigger or the bridge has dropped she will still fit under. Yes a vision "class" ship but a bit smaller than Rhapsody.

I don't get why they would replace a Vision class ship with another Vision class ship. Why not just send the Legend to Europe instead of Rhapsody? I still think there is some traction to the rumours about RCI wanting to bring bigger ships to Australia.

I don't get why they would replace a Vision class ship with another Vision class ship. Why not just send the Legend to Europe instead of Rhapsody? I still think there is some traction to the rumours about RCI wanting to bring bigger ships to Australia.

As said above, it gives them flexibility e.g. with Cairns and South Pacific islands, which Rhapsody services well.

The last thing they need is another Voyager or greater size where it's restricted to going to non-tender ports.

Time will reveal all....don't think we will have too wait too long before it's announced.......... :cool:

Nothing to do with RCL and not sure if it's been mentioned already, have just read another player is definately heading to Asia and Australia in early 2015 MSC Orchestra ...... more product to try:D;):D cheers Shiona

Time will reveal all....don't think we will have too wait too long before it's announced.......... :cool:

Nothing to do with RCL and not sure if it's been mentioned already, have just read another player is definately heading to Asia and Australia in early 2015 MSC Orchestra ...... more product to try:D;):D cheers Shiona

MSC offer some great fly cruise deals, I just haven't heard much about them and what I have heard has not been great. I suppose we need to judge for ourselves one day in the future.:D

MSC offer some great fly cruise deals, I just haven't heard much about them and what I have heard has not been great. I suppose we need to judge for ourselves one day in the future.:D

They are all worth a try at least "once" :D:D:p:D

IMHO do not try HAL unless you are over 80 years old.

I have no problem with people of any age, but there were no activities on my cruise.:eek:

I was one of the youngest people on the Volendam last week.:cool:

Sorry, off topic.

Edited by Aussie FF

That's great news! If she's anything like other members of her fleet, she'll be superb. :D

I look forward to her visit.

I have no problem with people of any age, but there were no activities on my cruise.:eek:

Yes, that's a common experience with HAL.

The odd cruise such as over Christmas/hols gets a broader demographic, but they're well known for their older clientele.

Nice ships and service though!

Rhapsody is doing Sydney to Istanbul in 2015 according to an email I received from one of the major travel agents and will probably stay in the med for a while.

Regards Frank. ( 2015 Passage to Istanbul Rhapsody) 47 nights.

Ship info - Rhapsody of the Seas

Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean

Embarkation Port: Sydney, Australia

Departure Dates: 17 Apr 2015

Edited by marconi
Add info.

Rhapsody is doing Sydney to Istanbul in 2015 according to an email I received from one of the major travel agents and will probably stay in the med for a while.

Regards Frank. ( 2015 Passage to Istanbul Rhapsody) 47 nights.

Ship info - Rhapsody of the Seas

Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean

Embarkation Port: Sydney, Australia

Departure Dates: 17 Apr 2015

I thought it must be going for Anzac day, gives it only 8 days to get there though.

Do you know any more?

MSC was definitely coming to Australia, via Suez, when I cruised with them!

I think the MSC cruise experience will depend on whether the ship is just passing through or whether a ship will be based in Australia.

Do you know any more?

MSC was definitely coming to Australia, via Suez, when I cruised with them!

I think the MSC cruise experience will depend on whether the ship is just passing through or whether a ship will be based in Australia.

No Marion nothing more :( yet but i will be watching closely not even sure if she is just popping in or staying for a short season;):p.... we will certainly give them a looksee if and when they release more details.......cheers Shiona

There is this link over on the MSC Board.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cr...orchestra.html

not much more in it other than the heading.

Well it will be good that there will be 2 ships to choose from within a moderate price range in the Suez Canal but I am still more partial to RCCL. I have been on MSC but if the price and ports are more to my liking, I guess I will be tempted to go with MSC again.

There is this link over on the MSC Board.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cr...orchestra.html

not much more in it other than the heading.

Well it will be good that there will be 2 ships to choose from within a moderate price range in the Suez Canal but I am still more partial to RCCL. I have been on MSC but if the price and ports are more to my liking, I guess I will be tempted to go with MSC again.

This is from MSC:MSC Lirica to be Lengthened, MSC Set for Asia/Australia with Orchestra

on 26 November 2013.

MSC Lirica will be stretched.MSC Cruises has announced that the MSC Lirica will be lengthened to the tune of 200 staterooms.

At a press conference in Brazil celebrating the arrival of the MSC Preziosa to the market, MSC confirmed they will add 200 rooms to the Lirica, which was the first newbuild to enter service for MSC when it launched in 2003.

The refurbishment will be completed before the 2014/2015 South America season, which will feature the Preziosa, Poesia, Magnifica and Lirica.

Furthermore, the line said the MSC Orchestra was set to sail in the Red Sea from Dubai, and then head to Asia and Australia in early 2015.

Regards

Frank.

I see northing has changed with the Volendam, since I was last on it in 2008!!

Also Sorry, off topic.

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser