Rhapsody 2015 Relocation

Agree with you Big_M but aren't we all waiting for the 2015/16 deployment which is after April 2015 based on current schedules?

So by process of elimination it could be Liberty?

It can accommodate 4375 guests …. maybe too many for sydney OPT?

Agree with you Big_M but aren't we all waiting for the 2015/16 deployment which is after April 2015 based on current schedules?

After OPT's renovation they will be able to turn around the worlds biggest cruise ships. However I don't think we are getting a freedom class ship just yet, maybe in a couple of years or so.

Rhapsody was rolled off early, so I think some of the speculation is a hope that there will be a replacement rolling in early so to speak ;-)

The other thing from that observation, is that being based in the Caribbean, these ships would not be able to reach here via the Panama Canal as they are too big.

They would need to transit via Europe. While it is possible e.g. as Voyager did through Asia, it doesn't seem as likely.

Of the three though, I agree it would be the most likely as planning is less progressed than the other two.

As for OPT, based on the target dates of renovation, it should be ready for Liberty to roll in then.

Edited by The_Big_M

The widening of the Panama Canal won't be finished until Deember 2015 so maybe we will have to wait until 2016.

Anyway we only have to wait 1 more week until the deployment comes out, so all will be revealed then.

• 2 weeks later...
I just spoke to my travel agent in sydney. She told me,

"Rhapsody of the seas will be leaving for good at the end of 2015, voyager of the seas will be replacing her"

Just shows how far behind the times they are. Yep Rhapsody definitely leaving Apr 2015 and we are on it. Just about fully booked ex Singapore. Voyager is already here and another ship will replace Rhapsody.

"Rhapsody of the seas will be leaving for good at the end of 2015, voyager of the seas will be replacing her"

Hahaha

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Rhapsody is being replaced by legend so she can run out of Brisbane plus will have voyager, radiance plus either explorer or mariner as additional

Current word is for explorer

Cheers

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't tell you how much I hope you're right!! To have an RC ship from my home port regularly would be fantastic!

That's what I was just told on voyager and that was direct from the captain and also the gsm and cd on the ship

May not go all the time but slot is the impression I was given

Rhapsody is about 30 feet too long to use the river as set by the port authority and legend being smaller is therefore able to traverse without special permission

Would be good

Greg :)

That's what I was just told on voyager and that was direct from the captain and also the gsm and cd on the ship

May not go all the time but slot is the impression I was given

Rhapsody is about 30 feet too long to use the river as set by the port authority and legend being smaller is therefore able to traverse without special permission

Would be good

Greg :)

Yes Rhapsody is a little longer and by all accounts gave her better stability in rough seas. Something to do with the duck tail stern from what one of the lecturers onboard mentioned.

From what i have heard Legend is a great ship and would suit the Pacific Islands cruises.

Yes Rhapsody is a little longer and by all accounts gave her better stability in rough seas. Something to do with the duck tail stern from what one of the lecturers onboard mentioned.

From what i have heard Legend is a great ship and would suit the Pacific Islands cruises.

Legend is a wonderful ship indeed and rides well

Slightly different layout internally as the shall we dance lounge is up front above the theatre and the theatre is therefore a different layout to take in the reduced ceiling height

She also had a golf course from memory

Cheers

Greg:)

RCI announced yesterday that Explorer of the Seas will be deployed to the UK for Summer (late April to September 2015) .. see press release here:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-release/1090/

Wonder what will happen after September?

I don't think it would make sense for her to travel all the way (40+ day cruise?) just for one season.. Maybe we are getting a Freedom Class Ship after all?

Dear Adrian,

We are excited to announce that you are among the first to hear about some exciting news that Royal Caribbean International announced today.

Explorer of the Seas will join the region's local fleet in November 2015. This 3,800-guest megaliner is part of the Voyager Class of ships and is the sister ship to Voyager of the Seas.Both ships will be based in Sydney and will share the prestigious mantel of 'Australia's biggest megaliner'. Explorer of the Seas replaces Rhapsody of the Seas, which will leave the local fleet in April 2015 after eight successive seasons.

Radiance of the Seas will return to the region again for the 2015-2016 Australia New Zealand cruise season and continue to sail on her popular itineraries, with a focus on cruising in the South Pacific and around Australia.

Royal Caribbean's South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand 2015-16 cruise season will be on sale from Tuesday 29 April 2014.

ROY_EN_09.gif

clear_foot.gif