Rhapsody 2015 Relocation

Hmmm.. Great spy work :cool: Thanks

Interesting... We need to go to the Med in 2015.. We brought the Solstice down to Sydney last year.. To re-trace and deliver the Rhapsody to Rome would be perfect :D

Sue and Phil

Well Darwin on the 25 April makes sense being ANZAC day.

Hmmm.. Great spy work :cool: Thanks

Interesting... We need to go to the Med in 2015.. We brought the Solstice down to Sydney last year.. To re-trace and deliver the Rhapsody to Rome would be perfect :D

Sue and Phil

Too early to get any further ports info most only go as far as April 2015....presume if she goes it will be the same or similar ports as our repo on Mariner this year was... will be keeping an eye out .. ;)

Our first Rhapsody cruise was her first venture down this way back in 2007 it was a charter Honolulu to Sydney had a fantastic time, have cruised on her since a few times....... so...... if she is relocating we will definetely be onboard.... wouldn't miss it :D:D cheers Shiona

on facebook you can have a sneak look at the 2014-15 brochure and its got the Rhapsody leaving Sydney 17th april to Honolulu and then a b2b to Vancouver, i dont know if its an old add on FB but it says a sneak peek

on facebook you can have a sneak look at the 2014-15 brochure and its got the Rhapsody leaving Sydney 17th april to Honolulu and then a b2b to Vancouver, i dont know if its an old add on FB but it says a sneak peek

Hi Bob i saw the sneak peak post i think you are talking about it's dated June ... maybe things are a changing the repo isnt even up on their website ;):D

Hi Bob i saw the sneak peak post i think you are talking about it's dated June ... maybe things are a changing the repo isnt even up on their website ;):D

Shona i didnt see the date but you could be right but its on a big US site that a lot of aussies use as still doing the b2b to Vancouver

Shona i didnt see the date but you could be right but its on a big US site that a lot of aussies use as still doing the b2b to Vancouver

It certainly is a strange one Bob.... not on the rccl website and on one of the US agencies i use it has disappeared on the other it's there but pricing has disappeared.... :eek::D:D:D time will tell cheers Shiona

It certainly is a strange one Bob.... not on the rccl website and on one of the US agencies i use it has disappeared on the other it's there but pricing has disappeared.... :eek::D:D:D time will tell cheers Shiona

Shiona on one US site its still there with prices also

its still listed on Sydney Ports until 22/4/18 but that can change

We're onboard Rhapsody at the moment and have heard a couple of people mentioning the ship going to Turkey/Med and we'll get a different ship coming to Australia instead. I'll see what else I can find out (if anything).

Edited by finetuneit

We're onboard Rhapsody at the moment and have heard a couple of people mentioning the ship going to Turkey/Med and we'll get a different ship coming to Australia instead. I'll see what else I can find out (if anything).

Bet it's the older Splendour of the Sea's coming to stay for a while :D:D be great if you can find out how soon we can book repo for Rhapsody;):eek: enjoy yourself cheers Shiona

Bet it's the older Splendour of the Sea's coming to stay for a while :D:D be great if you can find out how soon we can book repo for Rhapsody;):eek: enjoy yourself cheers Shiona

Are you thinking repo Suez Canal - this is on our list for 2015 if it includes Aqaba (for Petra) and Luxor (for Valley of the kings - assuming Egypt is safe).

Could all you super sleuths please keep us informed.

Are you thinking repo Suez Canal - this is on our list for 2015 if it includes Aqaba (for Petra) and Luxor (for Valley of the kings - assuming Egypt is safe).

Could all you super sleuths please keep us informed.

Hi Rassa.....decided today if she is def going we will book at least the repo to Asia, we get back from Europe in late January so a little early to pop back :p but will rethink if and when we see an itinerary... ;) .....have a tentative booking on Costa Serena - Savona to Dubai in November next year.... great ports and price for 19 nights just not sure we love the ship though.

We were in Egypt May this year on the Mariner of the Seas ...loved our trip to the Pyramids and Petra is .... WOW .......happy to go back again... Never felt threatened in Alexandria or Cairo but never felt fully safe either....:cool: .... won't stop us going back though...fingers crossed you get there.....

Hi Rassa.....decided today if she is def going we will book at least the repo to Asia, we get back from Europe in late January so a little early to pop back :p but will rethink if and when we see an itinerary... ;) .....have a tentative booking on Costa Serena - Savona to Dubai in November next year.... great ports and price for 19 nights just not sure we love the ship though.

We were in Egypt May this year on the Mariner of the Seas ...loved our trip to the Pyramids and Petra is .... WOW .......happy to go back again... Never felt threatened in Alexandria or Cairo but never felt fully safe either....:cool: .... won't stop us going back though...fingers crossed you get there.....

Thanks badgerbill - Costa and MSC are the only ones doing the Suez Canal next year where the prices are reasonable, but we are looking at 2015. Been on both those lines and while they were reasonably good cruises, I would prefer RCCL and Rhapsody. We have been to Cairo so we won't get off there but we really want to see the Valley of the Kings and Petra.

Happy hunting and cruising.

Rosie

I asked the Captain at the Captain's Corner Q&A about future deployments and he said they hadn't finalised the 2015 deployments yet so "there might be a change planned". He also said he knows that RCI are keen to send bigger ships here and that he'd heard talk of another Voyager class ship coming here. So, we can be hopeful, but we'll have to wait and see... :)

No hard evidence here, but another clue that perhaps Rhapsody won't be here for 2015/16 season.

Rhapsody has done a co-charter cruise late oct early nov in 2011,12,13 & scheduled for 2014 - Cruisin' Country 1,2,3 & 4. Now have seen #5 in 2015 will be on Radiance. My understanding is that Radiance is about 50% more expensive to charter than Rhapsody, and the total passenger capacity is only a little higher, so I can't understand that the charter group would choose a much more expensive charter, if the cheaper was available.

So perhaps no Rhapsody :(

Anyway, that's my 2c worth.

No hard evidence here, but another clue that perhaps Rhapsody won't be here for 2015/16 season.

Rhapsody has done a co-charter cruise late oct early nov in 2011,12,13 & scheduled for 2014 - Cruisin' Country 1,2,3 & 4. Now have seen #5 in 2015 will be on Radiance. My understanding is that Radiance is about 50% more expensive to charter than Rhapsody, and the total passenger capacity is only a little higher, so I can't understand that the charter group would choose a much more expensive charter, if the cheaper was available.

Thanks for that mr walker.

It certainly is a nail in the coffin for Rhapsody.

Got to love the way you joined the dots!

The inaugural Australian charter of Rhapsody from Honolulu to Sydney remains a personal favourite cruise.

Got to love the way you joined the dots!

The inaugural Australian charter of Rhapsody from Honolulu to Sydney remains a personal favourite cruise.

Ours too Marion didn't we all have such a fantastic time so many memories, we are having dinner this weekend with friends we met onboard.... if and when she goes the four of us will be onboard to see her off on her next adventure.:)

Ours too Marion didn't we all have such a fantastic time so many memories, we are having dinner this weekend with friends we met onboard.... if and when she goes the four of us will be onboard to see her off on her next adventure.:)

Yes, fantastic time was held by the shipload of Aussies, plus a few hon. Aussies from NZ.

Would love to join you!

Just hope they send her off with an interesting itinerary befitting such a lovely ship.

Haven't worked so hard earning ship $$s, to buy ship souvenirs, since!

The Rhapsody of the Seas name was updated recently on Sydney Ports showing all but 2 sailings between 2 December 2015 - 21 March 2016 as being in port from 0600 to at least 2100.

I am thinking it is a possible Freedom Class Ship from Asia camouflaged as Rhapsody. Check in would take a lot longer for a larger ship at Sydney with the current terminal.

The 3 November 2015 position in Fremantle would be the entry point to Oz from Asia.

The Rhapsody name does has positions booked prior to and after the December 2015 - March 2016. But they have not been deleted yet or Royal has not handed them back yet.

Any thoughts.

Any thoughts.

They can certainly do with another mega sized ship here, I think one of the Freedom Class ships would be well received.....or perhaps they will repo the Mariner she should have finished her 2 year stint in China by then and refurbing back to original isn't that big a job...;)

snooping further i have this to offer.........

I read on one of the roll calls for the Rhapsody that a pax has already been contacted about the cancellation of their cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver in 2015 ...:eek: a little more snooping and look what i found on offer at one of the online TA sites now you know i can't mention whom so don't ask....:cool:.

14 nights departing May 3, 2015 on

Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sun May 3 Singapore

Mon May 4 Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang), Malaysia 7:00am 4:00pm

Tue May 5 Phuket, Thailand 11:00am 8:00pm

Wed May 6 At Sea

Thu May 7 At Sea

Fri May 8 Colombo, Sri Lanka 9:00am 11:00pm Sat May 9 At Sea

Sun May 10 Cochin, India 8:00am 5:00pm

Mon May 11 New Mangalore, India 8:00am 6:00pm

Tue May 12 Goa (Mormugao), India 7:00am 3:00pm

Wed May 13 Bombay (Mumbai), India 6:30am 6:00pm

Thu May 14 At Sea

Fri May 15 At Sea

Sat May 16 Dubai, United Arab Emirates 11:00am

Sun May 17 Dubai, United Arab Emirates Disembark

followed by next sector another fastdeal:rolleyes::p

12235 15 nights departing May 17, 2015 on

Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas

ITINERARY

Sun May 17 Dubai, United Arab Emirates 6:00pm

Mon May 18 Muscat, Oman 12:30pm 8:00pm

Tue May 19 At Sea

Wed May 20 Salalah, Oman 8:00am 5:00pm

Thu May 21 At Sea

Fri May 22 At Sea

Sat May 23 At Sea

Sun May 24 At Sea

Mon May 25 Suez Canal, Egypt (Cruising)

Tue May 26 Jerusalem / Tel Aviv (Ashdod), Israel 7:00am 10:00pm

Wed May 27 Haifa, Israel 7:00am 8:00pm

Thu May 28 Limassol, Cyprus 7:00am 4:00pm

Fri May 29 Rhodes, Greece 9:00am 6:00pm Sat May 30 At Sea

Sun May 31 Istanbul, Turkey 7:00am

............this is a very doable itinerary guessing cruise to Singapore is via Airlie, Cairns, Darwin and Bali....just emailed off for further details about booking:D cheers Shiona

Shiona I would not rule out a charter on this sector. But still early days.

Could be, the first cruise to Australia was charter cost us a fortune compared to what we pay today for same....:D:D I have a quote from TA for these two sectors and asked about Syd - Sin and after arrival in Istanbul....nothing available as yet...but we have since decided not to worry about the Syd-Sin sector if it's avail as we have done it to death.... cheers Shiona