A little lost a sea... Throw me a ring... Please :-)

Alphamare2000

We have on hold to book and pay on celebrity equinox in May from Southampton.

I have preliminarily booked room 6303 but is it worth pay a little extra for an uninstructed balcony? What number room would you recommend? We like a bit if quiet and don't mind the walk.

Also there is an obc offer plus drinks package offer but it doesn't say if we get just the one classics drink package or one for each of us? It's just my husband and I.

Is the parking included?

This is our first cruise and its an anniversary treat. :-)

Thank you all so much for your time!

The far better place for your research is the Celebrity board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

I have never heard of parking included in a cruise fare, but can't speak for the way things may be done in Great Britain.

"Worth it" for a balcony is something only you can decide. You will read a great many people that can't live without a balcony, and a pretty large number who swear by inside cabins. There is no right or wrong answer.

There are about 1200 cabins on that ship, so recommending a cabin, especially not knowing your budget, is impossible. But for me, I don't like being far forward on a ship because you'll feel the most motion if the seas are rough.

Car parking is never included in any cruise fare unless its a perk from your travel agent.

Sorry if it wasn't clear enough above, the room I have chosen is a partially obstructed balcony and we were wondering if it was worth the slight extra cost to go unobstructed. A balcony is worth the extra money to us as we want the option to hangout together looking at the sea alone.

Room 6303 has a larger than normal balcony at the rear of the ship.

We are cruise virgins so know nothing! I did however spend over two hours trying to wrestle with rooms. We don't mind being at the back as far as walking goes and apparently its fine being just above the restaurant as its fairly quiet after tenish.

It depends on what the obstruction is.....on some ships, it's simply a ladder that really doesn't "obstruct" anything. Someone familiar with that particular ship can let you know.

We were in a cabin that was said to have a 25% obstruction....it really didn't! You could see the ladder, but it wasn't in the way of anything.

Drink packages are per person. You will need to compare the cost of drinks "a la carte" to the package price to see if it will really be worth it. Usually, you'll need to drink 6-8 drinks per day to make the packages worthwhile.

Actually occasionally in the uk both royal and celebrity have offered free parking or coach transfer. You would need to check what offers are on at the time of booking. This offer is usually on when a new season of cruises is launched.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you go to the Celebrity board, as suggested by CruiserBruce, there will be a 'sticky' at the top of the page, where people have reviewed their cabins on the S class ships. Surely someone will have reviewed that cabin, or the one next to it or it's partner on the opposite side of the ship...EM

Sorry if it wasn't clear enough above, the room I have chosen is a partially obstructed balcony and we were wondering if it was worth the slight extra cost to go unobstructed. A balcony is worth the extra money to us as we want the option to hangout together looking at the sea alone.

Room 6303 has a larger than normal balcony at the rear of the ship.

We are cruise virgins so know nothing! I did however spend over two hours trying to wrestle with rooms. We don't mind being at the back as far as walking goes and apparently its fine being just above the restaurant as its fairly quiet after tenish.

If it's only slightly extra for an unobstructed view balcony then you should absolutely book it. Having a private balcony is very special, a private sanctuary to relax, read, watch the waves. It's so magical to go out there late at night or early in the morning and just listen to the waves bubbling below, the clang and ding and seagoing sounds as the ship steams along.

Jonathan

It appears it is the last balcony. Looking at a photo, it has a solid wall (bulkhead) on the one side instead of a partition, which would be more private. It also appears that there is a "thicker" ceiling above which means that it is probably 6-10 inches lower, but not an obstruction. The dining room below does jut out, so you will not be able to look directly down to the water. If this is important, you could select another, but you would need to be higher up because most cabins on this deck look down on the restaurant or lifeboats.

Archived