Specialty restaurants on oasis?

We are sailing on the Oasis next month and I would like to book a specialty restaurant reservation online but there seems to be quite a few restaurants to choose from. I remember when there was only 2 restaurants, Chops & Portofino.

Can you please tell me what your opinions are for the different restaurants and which one is your favorite? Hopefully with some suggestions from all of you, it will help me to decide which one to choose.

Also, we doing the East Caribbean, does anyone know which nights are formal nights on the ship?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We are sailing on the Oasis next month and I would like to book a specialty restaurant reservation online but there seems to be quite a few restaurants to choose from. I remember when there was only 2 restaurants, Chops & Portofino.

Can you please tell me what your opinions are for the different restaurants and which one is your favorite? Hopefully with some suggestions from all of you, it will help me to decide which one to choose.

Also, we doing the East Caribbean, does anyone know which nights are formal nights on the ship?

Thanks

Main Dining Room with complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner

14 more complimentary options including Park Café, Windjammer Café, Solarium Bistro, and room service*

Casual dining and snacks at Johnny Rockets®, Cupcake Cupboard, Seafood Shack and more*

NEW Starbucks®, featuring the coffee, specialty beverages, and sweet treats you love.

150 Central Park, serves up an intimate six-course experience of leading-edge cuisine in a modern setting. Enjoy seasonally, locally-sourced menus developed by James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Schwartz.

Experience culinary delights at any one of our Specialty restaurants where for one low cover charge you can choose any items off the menu from appetizer to dessert* — including 150 Central Park, Chops Grille steakhouse, and Giovanni's Table Italian restaurant

A la carte more your style? Try Izumi Asian cuisine for sushi bar selections, and Vintages wine bar for an array of tempting tapas*

NEW Central Park Dining Package, at $70 per guest, includes Giovanni's Table Italian Trattoria, 150 Central Park fine-dining restaurant and Chops Grille steakhouse

NEW Chef's Dining Package, at $130 per guest, includes the five-course, gourmet Chef's Table and wine pairing, 150 Central Park and Chops Grille

NEW Choice Dining Package, at $70 per guest, includes Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table and a choice of Izumi Asian Cuisine or Solarium Bistro

Thanks

We have dined at all of the specialties, but have not been to Seafood Shack. Ranked in order by favorite:

1. Giovanni's Table: Wonderful throughout. Every course was great and the desserts were outstanding.

2. 150 Central Park: Elegant, although we did not do the wine pairing (there was a bit of an almost-rude push to buy the pairing -- a bit off-putting). There are two menus that alter mid-week.

3. Chops: Good steak and sides, but only slightly above a family-style steakhouse.

4. Johnny Rockets: A cheap alternative and all-you-can-eat burgers, fries and rings. What more can you ask?

5. Izumi: The sushi was just okay and the menu was a little uninspired.

6. Solarium Bistro: Meh. Okay if you like healthy food.

We have also done the Chef's Table, which would be on top of this list except for the cost. That is quite the experience and was my favorite meal at sea.

Thanks

We did the Allure last year.

- Giovanni - excellent in terms of quality and service.

- 150 Central Park - OK. They tried to pretend they are high end but ...

- Chops - not too bad but local Toronto mid to higher end steakhouse would definitely fare better.

- Izumi - stone grill? They don't know what stone grill is.

MDR, good food, excellent service.

Thanks

On the Aug 24 sailing of the Oasis (Easter Itinerary) formal nights were on Day 2 and Day 6.

Thanks

Giovanni's table is not to be missed.

Giovanni's table is not to be missed.

So Agree! We loved loved loved Giovanni's. Had dinner there 3 nights on a 7 night cruise ... and once for lunch! :D

150 Central Park really was good and we'd do it twice next time.

Chops was Chops ... two nights. Maybe only one night next time.

The Specialty Restaurants were the things we enjoyed most about Oasis. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We Booked the Chef's Table Dining package for our Oct.5th Oasis trip. Chef's table(which we did the 1st night) was awesome and included wine pairings w/each course. 150 Central Park was disappointing-both service(waiter kept pushing wine pairing on us and when we declined, he ignored us the rest of the meal) and food(had better meals in MDR) Chop's was amazing. AND we found out that we could have lunch at Giovanni's Table with no cover charge because we had booked the Chef's Table package.That was one of our favorite places to eat all week. We also received the new cookbook as part of the package. We would definitely do that again.Hope that helps.

Oh, Formal nights were day 2 and day 6.

On the Aug 24 sailing of the Oasis (Easter Itinerary) formal nights were on Day 2 and Day 6.

Agree...just off Oasis Oct 5th sail and the formal nights are always nights 2 & 6 and have been regardless of which RCI ship we have sailed to the eastern caribbean.

I tried almost all specialty options on Oasis and would rank them as follows:

1. Solarium Bistro for atmosphere, desert buffet and healthy fresh ingredients. This was not included in Chef's Table package.

2. Chef's Table for the wine pairings and the very entertaining presentation by the exceptional waiter.

3. Giovanni's Table for the food and atmosphere. Not a big fan of all staff no matter where they come from having to use the 'Italian' phrases as I love the 'authentic' Giovanni's on Serenade with Italian waiters. Had both lunch on embarkation and dinner there on Oasis.

4. Chops was average on Oasis and liked it much better on Liberty, but still a very nice experience. There were many birthday celebrations and anniversaries there on the evening I was there and the singing started to get a bit tiresome.

5. 150 Central Park was very nice venue, food was ok and the waitresses upselling skills so developed that I went ahead and spent much more for wine than desired, but it was a very good suggested wine.

I found the wine pairings excellent at the Chef's table, but did note that it is available to book without wine at a lesser price as a couple did that at our sitting.

I personally thought that Chop's had the best wine list and liked that you could easily have bottles corked and delivered the next night to any specialty restaurant or the MDR.

We always do the Solarium Bistro!! The food, atmosphere and service is excellent. Beautiful calm dining experience! Sure its healthy food but even if your not into healthy food it is great and very tasty.

We usually do 3 restaurants. 150 is awful! Never again! Love all the others.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried almost all specialty options on Oasis and would rank them as follows:

1. Solarium Bistro for atmosphere, desert buffet and healthy fresh ingredients. This was not included in Chef's Table package.

2. Chef's Table for the wine pairings and the very entertaining presentation by the exceptional waiter.

3. Giovanni's Table for the food and atmosphere. Not a big fan of all staff no matter where they come from having to use the 'Italian' phrases as I love the 'authentic' Giovanni's on Serenade with Italian waiters. Had both lunch on embarkation and dinner there on Oasis.

4. Chops was average on Oasis and liked it much better on Liberty, but still a very nice experience. There were many birthday celebrations and anniversaries there on the evening I was there and the singing started to get a bit tiresome.

5. 150 Central Park was very nice venue, food was ok and the waitresses upselling skills so developed that I went ahead and spent much more for wine than desired, but it was a very good suggested wine.

I found the wine pairings excellent at the Chef's table, but did note that it is available to book without wine at a lesser price as a couple did that at our sitting.

I personally thought that Chop's had the best wine list and liked that you could easily have bottles corked and delivered the next night to any specialty restaurant or the MDR.

If I purchase a wine package on Day 1, may I select wine from said package for dining in the specialty restaurants? I'm considering the Central Park dining package and would like to select from my pre-purchased package rather than face the upselling mentioned at 150...

If I purchase a wine package on Day 1, may I select wine from said package for dining in the specialty restaurants? I'm considering the Central Park dining package and would like to select from my pre-purchased package rather than face the upselling mentioned at 150...

Yes, they put a sticker on your card. You can use the wine package at any eating venue that offers wine. Including getting your previously opened and saved bottle from the night before.

jc

Yes, they put a sticker on your card. You can use the wine package at any eating venue that offers wine. Including getting your previously opened and saved bottle from the night before.

jc

OMG!!!! That is too funny!!

I guess that would result in really poor service :eek:

OMG!!!! That is too funny!!

I guess that would result in really poor service :eek:

Actually, if you tell your MDR waiter that you are eating at say Chops the next night or the WJ, it will be waiting for you in the other venue. (I have never actually had a bottle taken to the WJ, because for us the WJ only happens on the spur of the moment. I have just ordered a bottle or two off the W&D and taken the leftover to our room in the WJ). Service is generally as quick as it is in the MDR where we order the wine there.

jc

Archived