Which specialty restaurant on Equinox for honeymoon? Murano? Book in advance?

CruisingGatorGirl

Normally we would not eat at a specialty restaurant because we are happy with the MDR and would rather save the money. However, as this is our honeymoon:

Which specialty restaurant on Equinox would you pick for honeymoon? Murano? We enjoy food and trying new flavors. My future husband does not really drink so wine would not be a factor- just the quality of the food. (We also like Asian food)

And what is the best strategy, should we book in advance or wait until we board? If we could save money, that would be fantastic.

Thank you!

Ashley

Normally we would not eat at a specialty restaurant because we are happy with the MDR and would rather save the money. However, as this is our honeymoon:

Which specialty restaurant on Equinox would you pick for honeymoon? Murano? We enjoy food and trying new flavors. My future husband does not really drink so wine would not be a factor- just the quality of the food. (We also like Asian food)

And what is the best strategy, should we book in advance or wait until we board? If we could save money, that would be fantastic.

Thank you!

Ashley

Hi Ashley:), I would recommend Murano and/or Tuscan Grille.

As for saving money? You are much better off waiting until after

you board the ship because sometimes they have a buy one/get one

free offer and/or 20% off.

I remember when you posted all your pictures over on the fashion

forum from last year's cruise:D. Wishing you all the best and hope

you have a fantastic honeymoon. I have sailed Equinox twice and

she is a great ship:)

Last time I was on the Equinox, they had a table set up at the entrance to the buffet. They were taking reservations for the specialty restaurants, and had specials for booking more than one. They also had the menus available.

I suggest you wait until you are on board and both of you decide by looking at the menus which one you would do for a honeymoon dinner in a smaller, intimate setting.

I would wait for them to offer you a deal. Ask when you get on board...and keep asking once or twice a day at the various spots where they try to sell passengers.

It's very likely that they will offer 20% off if you want to dine the very first night...and depending on the cruise! you may find that by the third day or so, they might offer or accept an offer of 40-50% off. But you do run a risk that won't happen on your cruise. The restaurants are excellent but at $45 a person, my experience is that passengers are not exactly fighting for seats.

If it is a special occassion I would highly recommend you book on-line before you board especially if your choice is Murano. On our recent cruises in the med aboard the Equinox and Reflection the speciality restaurants were extremely busy and people could seldom get the times or even the day of their choice. Murano is always busy in my exerience but the others should offer plenty of opportunities to book aboard.

Thank you everyone for the advice, we appreciate it!

Hi Ashley:), I would recommend Murano and/or Tuscan Grille.

As for saving money? You are much better off waiting until after

you board the ship because sometimes they have a buy one/get one

free offer and/or 20% off.

I remember when you posted all your pictures over on the fashion

forum from last year's cruise:D. Wishing you all the best and hope

you have a fantastic honeymoon. I have sailed Equinox twice and

she is a great ship:)

Thank you, you are so sweet! :) I love visiting the fashion forum- I see you over there all the time :D We are so excited for the Equinox!

Murano for a really romantic top notch meal with waiters catering to your every demand.

Tuscan Grille for intimate cosy more relaxed traditional experience.

Quisine for a great fun memorable event.

So many choices and so difficult to make decisions, but all positive.

Perhaps toss a coin, heads for A, tails for B, and if it lands on its side C. :)

If you know your food preferences then that may help you decide, but if you are not fussy go on a whim once you are on board and seen all 3 menus as its your honeymoon and will be a memorable event, no matter which you choose.

Then afterwards a wee trip up to the top deck to hold each other and gaze at the stars................

Murano for a really romantic top notch meal with waiters catering to your every demand.

Tuscan Grille for intimate cosy more relaxed traditional experience.

Quisine for a great fun memorable event.

So many choices and so difficult to make decisions, but all positive.

Perhaps toss a coin, heads for A, tails for B, and if it lands on its side C. :)

If you know your food preferences then that may help you decide, but if you are not fussy go on a whim once you are on board and seen all 3 menus as its your honeymoon and will be a memorable event, no matter which you choose.

Then afterwards a wee trip up to the top deck to hold each other and gaze at the stars................

Hi, Equinox does not have Qsine.....the other option is Silk Harvest.

Thank you!

Ashley

Murano!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived