Email - this is a new one!

Winterstale

So...I just got an email from Carnival -- thinking it was the usual "don't show up before 2:30pm" email....I opened it. Surprise! New verbage this time!

"Most days we are able to start boarding slightly earlier than the published embarkation time of 12:30 PM. However,Saturday, as a result of a scheduled, mandatory United States Coast Guard inspection, our debarkation process may run a bit behind schedule. Therefore, for your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited, please do not arrive prior to 12:30 PM. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM."

Anyone have any experience with this one? We're sailing on the Dream. We purchased FTTF and were planning on getting to port around 10:30 or 11am.

It is real. If you have FTTF, you will still board before the masses if you are waiting. However, if you arrive at the port and the inside is full and they have not started boarding, you will be outside..capacity is capacity regardless of priority boarding status

So...I just got an email from Carnival -- thinking it was the usual "don't show up before 2:30pm" email....I opened it. Surprise! New verbage this time!

"Most days we are able to start boarding slightly earlier than the published embarkation time of 12:30 PM. However,Saturday, as a result of a scheduled, mandatory United States Coast Guard inspection, our debarkation process may run a bit behind schedule. Therefore, for your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited, please do not arrive prior to 12:30 PM. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM."

Anyone have any experience with this one? We're sailing on the Dream. We purchased FTTF and were planning on getting to port around 10:30 or 11am.

I got this email for my Valor cruise last year. Yes there was a USCG inspection. I got to the port at 10:30 and everyone was waiting outside. I had FTTF as well. They let us in about 11:15 and I was onboard by 12:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Its not new, get there early.

Sailed 10/13 on Freedom - got an email with same message only is was a "quarterly immigration inspection". Told us not to arrive until 1:30. We arrived at 10:40 and we were on the ship (had FTTF & a suite - boarded before FTTF) and was on the ship by noon. IGNORE it!

Sailed 10/13 on Freedom - got an email with same message only is was a "quarterly immigration inspection". Told us not to arrive until 1:30. We arrived at 10:40 and we were on the ship (had FTTF & a suite - boarded before FTTF) and was on the ship by noon. IGNORE it!

I'm confused a bit.

If you had a suite, why would you need FTTF?

gary

If they really don't want people to board early, they shouldn't let them board early. Plain and simple. Telling people "no", then allowing them to do it anyway, illustrates that their rules are not to be taken seriously. If they, ultimately, have a problem with it, its their own fault.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

On our Freedom cruise last October - we didn't get an e-mail about the USCG inspection. We arrived at the port around 10:30 - 10:45, check in and waited and waited. Normally we are on a ship by noon. The terminal was full of people all anxious to board, and then heard there was a USCG inspection. So yes, we had additional waiting on that cruise. But, I guess it will depend on individual circumstances on how long you will have to wait. If you would like, arrive early and if you get to board earlier than expected it's a bonus.

Archived