Bon Voyage Experience (BVE) for 2014

Smokeyham

We had the same experience in San Francisco last summer. There were 5 of us sailing and two guests for the BVE. My only complaint was that since those of us sailing DID NOT get a sticker, we were not served wine at lunch. That was a little awkward. I think Princess could afford to offer just one glass of wine to their sailing passengers who bring guests to introduce them to the ship! Each couple, even those sailing, DID get a picture.

I suspect this varies from staff to staff.. we took one guest on and we all had wine. The head waiter in the area served us. We had a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested in a BVE out of Los Angeles, I just called and got the dates for 2014. They all are on the Crown.

April- 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th

May- 3rd

Sept.- 20th, 27th

Oct.- 4th, 11th, 18th

Nov.- 15th, 22nd, 29th

Dec.- 6th, 13th, 20th

Wonder if they host BVE on the Caribbean Princess in Houston?

You might try calling Princess and asking them. If they don't, then an email or letter to them encouraging them to provide this might help to get it established.

I just booked one for the Royal in October. They dont seem to be posting dates for 2014 BVEs on their website, so i took the logical route.

I went to "Book a cruise" on the Princess website to see what dates ships were leaving from NYC, and based my BVE options on this. I would suggest this for anyone who is waiting for Princess to officially announce specific dates.

What is the date for October you booked? I am sailing in october and would love for my mother to come and do the BVE. Thanks

Dana

Yippee just reserved the BVE on the Caribbean Princess for April 19 while she is here in Houston. We will get to tour before our October cruise and I think the $39 fee will be rolled over as an OBC since we have a cruise booked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just able to make reservations onboard the Crown for the October 18th 28 day sailing...that's the one from LA to Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti and back to LA for our daughter, SIL and grandson to enjoy the BVE. I am so happy that I was able to book this for them to join us for a few hours before we sail. I have followed the ups and downs of booking the BVE and all of a sudden just like an internal alarm went off yesterday I felt I needed to call Princess. I got all the necessary info written down and called them back this morning and it couldn't have been easier...I just have to have our daughter enter her info on her personalizer and it will be complete...

Thanks again to Pam for all the correct information she passes on to everyone on this site.

Sissy

I just called and booked for both the Crown on May 3 and the Island on April 16. I'm going to check again near the end of the Alaska season and see what they are offering in the fall. It's great to be able to get acquainted with the new ships on the West Coast, and to renew an acquaintance with an old friend, the Island Princess, our first Princess ship.

I was just able to make reservations onboard the Crown for the October 18th 28 day sailing...that's the one from LA to Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti and back to LA for our daughter, SIL and grandson to enjoy the BVE. I am so happy that I was able to book this for them to join us for a few hours before we sail. I have followed the ups and downs of booking the BVE and all of a sudden just like an internal alarm went off yesterday I felt I needed to call Princess. I got all the necessary info written down and called them back this morning and it couldn't have been easier...I just have to have our daughter enter her info on her personalizer and it will be complete...

Thanks again to Pam for all the correct information she passes on to everyone on this site.

Sissy

Sounds like a good time. :)

Yippee just reserved the BVE on the Caribbean Princess for April 19 while she is here in Houston. We will get to tour before our October cruise and I think the $39 fee will be rolled over as an OBC since we have a cruise booked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My recollection is that they will hold the $39 in your account and you must book another cruise within 90 days of your BVE. The $39 will be applied to the cruise fare, not given as OBC to spend onboard.

So Princess is again saying to me that they cannot book closer than 120 days in advance can someone please provide a phone # or name of someone to call?

Not sure you are going to be able to get around this. I looked back on the materials I sent out to friends who were interested in doing a BVE last year, and in both cases I listed the date which was 120 days prior to our BVE as the date on which the friends should contact Princess to make their BVE reservations.

Not sure you are going to be able to get around this. I looked back on the materials I sent out to friends who were interested in doing a BVE last year, and in both cases I listed the date which was 120 days prior to our BVE as the date on which the friends should contact Princess to make their BVE reservations.

Just confused by someone posting here that they booked >120 days out.

Just confused by someone posting here that they booked >120 days out.

It would be interesting to hear if someone was able to book early!

When you get back from your Island Princess/Panama Canal trip, could you write a review? I would love to do that trip (especially with SF as a final destination), and would be interested to hear your impressions.

It would be interesting to hear if someone was able to book early!

When you get back from your Island Princess/Panama Canal trip, could you write a review? I would love to do that trip (especially with SF as a final destination), and would be interested to hear your impressions.

We are doing SF side to FLL side, but sure. At a minimum I try to put up the patters, menu pictures and more.

We are doing SF side to FLL side, but sure. At a minimum I try to put up the patters, menu pictures and more.

Great!! Thanks....

I've put your departure date in my calendar, and may also try to do a BVE on that day.

I'm going to be signing up for a BVE and have friends who will actually be doing the cruise. I've done a couple of BVEs before, and so am familiar with the procedure BUT this is the first time I will be hooking up with friends who are actually doing the cruise.

When I make my BVE reservation can I just tell Princess staff my friends' names, and ask that they link up our reservations so that my friends can board when I do (i.e. early) for the BVE, or is there some other procedure I need to know about?

Excited to be getting a cruise ship fix!!