Bon Voyage Experience (BVE) for 2014

Smokeyham

• 3 months later...
I looked at my Circle Savings Account and saw my recently completed BVE credit, but it was not applied to the cruise I had booked prior to doe the BVE.

<snip>

Final decision was that the BVE cannot be applied to a cruise which you had booked before you did the BVE.

The staff member explained that the credit only becomes active after the date on which you do the BVE, and cannot be applied to a booking made prior to that date.

Worth a try....

What credit are you speaking of? The onboard credit equal to the amount paid for the BVE ( $49) or a credit like you sailed?

What credit are you speaking of? The onboard credit equal to the amount paid for the BVE ( $49) or a credit like you sailed?

Yes.... If you book a cruise within 90 days of completing a BVE, then they credit the cost of the BVE towards the cost of your cruise. The key is that you have to book your cruise AFTER you complete your BVE.

You mention a cost of $49. Has the BVE gone up in price? We paid $39 last year.

Thank you for the 2015 link.

We are hoping to take Mike's sister and her husband from LA next year. They live outside of the city. Once they see the inside and what is offered on a cruise they will be hooked. At least her husband will he can eat enough for all four of us then look for a snack in a few hours :). Thin as a rail to boot, love to see him eat when I cook.

Yes.... If you book a cruise within 90 days of completing a BVE, then they credit the cost of the BVE towards the cost of your cruise. The key is that you have to book your cruise AFTER you complete your BVE.

You mention a cost of $49. Has the BVE gone up in price? We paid $39 last year.

I guess they are $39. I was going by memory. I pulled up receipt which also corrected me. Either way, I think it will be worth it to see my son and his new wife on the ship before we sail!:D

We purchased the BVE in October before our Tahiti/Hawaii /Samoa cruise leaving San Pedro/LA, for our son, DIL and two young grandkids. The ship was very late clearing customs, thus boarding was very delayed for all.

There was no ships tour given as promoted...we were boarded after a wedding party and sent directly to the dining room for lunch. Then only had a couple hours to roam the ship...then it was time for them to leave. They only had about 3 hours total, including lunch, since we didn't board til after 12p.

So it was fun for them to get to board. Pictures turned out nice. Lunch was hard with two under 5 in the dining room. They had a kids menu, but none of the food was in that kitchen. They had to go to the buffet kitchen to get it for the kids...so long delay with short attention spans.

You have to pay for all ages...so $39/pp for 4...$160 for three hours probably not worth it in retrospect ....but

glad we did it once.:p

Plus BVE cruise credit is only in their names...so lost since they are a young family and not cruisers yet...and credit can't be used in anyone else's name.....

Edited by hillslife

• 1 month later...

Can someone confirm if the person sailing on the cruise still has to pay the $39 BVE charge or just those not sailing. When I called princess to see if it was offered on my sailing (it is) they said that I would have to pay the $39 in addition to my brother who will do the BVE with us.

What is the earliest time that the BVE starts? arrive at the port at 10:00 am??

any chance we can go directly to sanctuary upon boarding with the BVE or need to wait til after lunch?

thanks for the help.

Can someone confirm if the person sailing on the cruise still has to pay the $39 BVE charge or just those not sailing. When I called princess to see if it was offered on my sailing (it is) they said that I would have to pay the $39 in addition to my brother who will do the BVE with us.

What is the earliest time that the BVE starts? arrive at the port at 10:00 am??

any chance we can go directly to sanctuary upon boarding with the BVE or need to wait til after lunch?

thanks for the help.

The persons sailing do not pay the $39, only the persons that are doing the BVE. When you make arrangements for the BVE have them link their boarding passes with to yours so that you can board early with them. Your time to board depending what port will vary , in S.F it is 11:00 am.

The persons sailing do not pay the $39, only the persons that are doing the BVE. When you make arrangements for the BVE have them link their boarding passes with to yours so that you can board early with them. Your time to board depending what port will vary , in S.F it is 11:00 am.

We are doing a BVE and linked. Does the boarding pass of the person who is sailing look different?

I checked and can't see any difference from when we originally booked.

We had our daughter do a BVE out of Houston last November and she wants to do it again this November when we sail out of Houston.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska

Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska

Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska

Golden Princess 2011 Alaska

Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal

Star Princess 2012 Alaska

Island Princess 2013 Alaska

Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 New England

Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean

We are doing a BVE and linked. Does the boarding pass of the person who is sailing look different?

Probably will not look any different. It is just when you check in they can see on the computer you can board early with your BVE person(s).

From the link posted by JF - Retired I converted the information to an Excel spreadsheet and then made a PDF (attached). Here is the direct link: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44683530&postcount=5

If anyone knows how to attach an Excel spreadsheet, then please let me know.

BVE Calendar for 2015.pdf

I believe from memory that your boarding pass will indicate your on a BVE so that the staff at the terminal knows that your there for the BVE plus your name is on a list. I was also on the cruise and the only names on the list were the BVE people. My name was not listed.

Tom:)