Bon Voyage Experience (BVE) for 2014

Smokeyham

Linda, I think Pam is looking into the Sapphire BVE in March which we all should do.:D I also want to check out the Coral. I will call soon to see what might be available.:)
Yup. I'm checking. Would love to join you on the Coral, too, if you decide to do that. :)

Just spoke with Princess and they said they did not have the 2014 dates. Asked if I was ready to book for our friends (who store our car and drive us to/from the port). I said yes and she went off and spoke to the person at the BVE desk. She came back and said there will NOT be one for Feb. 7, 2014. So they have not released the schedule, but they seem to know it. :mad: I asked if I should call back, if things could change, and she said not likely at all. Depending on whats happening on the ship, they sometimes don't do it. Very disappointed as we have become spoiled doing it the last few cruises...

• 1 month later...
For those who are interested, the March 27th Sapphire BVE is available. I've instructed my TA to book me. :) I learned that it takes half an hour for a TA to book... not very efficient so it might be easier if you book directly with Princess.

Hi Pam,

Which port is that for? I looked at the 2014 San Francisco Port Cruise Ship Schedule and it does not look like Sapphire will be there.

It's out of LA but it Doesn't matter. I tried to book it and they said it's already full. Bummer! How is that possible?

I wonder if a Travel Agent set up a large group to go on this, and jumped on it as soon as it opened up? Just a guess..

At Princess the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I called my travel agent and she booked it this morning. Apparently it wasn't opened for booking yet, and they told me it was sold out. It just opened this morning for booking,

At Princess the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I called my travel agent and she booked it this morning. Apparently it wasn't opened for booking yet' date=' and they told me it was sold out. It just opened this morning for booking,[/quote']

Good for you for being persistent! I've had the same problem with trying to book BVE's. In one instance the initial call taker insisted I had to know someone who was actually taking the cruise in order to do the BVE. Managed to get past her to someone in the BVE office, but if I had not known how the program works I might have just taken her at her word.

• 2 weeks later...

I just called Princess to see if they have an update on dates when they will be offering BVEs for 2014. I specifically wanted to know if the cruise I will be going on would be offering a BVE.

The call taker said that they will not be offering a BVE for that cruise, but they do have other voyages out of San Francisco they will be offering BVE's on.

I asked if that list would be available on any website, so people can choose a BVE. She said no, that we have to call to see if specific cruises will be offering this.

I just called Princess to see if they have an update on dates when they will be offering BVEs for 2014. I specifically wanted to know if the cruise I will be going on would be offering a BVE.

The call taker said that they will not be offering a BVE for that cruise, but they do have other voyages out of San Francisco they will be offering BVE's on.

I asked if that list would be available on any website, so people can choose a BVE. She said no, that we have to call to see if specific cruises will be offering this.

For 2013 the list was located HERE

It may get updated for 2014...

• 4 weeks later...
Has there been any update yet for the schedule for 2014? It has not been updated on that page. Thanks.

Sadly, no..... Princess still does not publish the dates on their website.

The web site which I found the 2013 schedule (https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp)

now has an update which says "2014 TBA," so perhaps they will update that site with new information.

I'll check back there every so often, but if anyone finds the schedule posted please do post here to let us know.

Edited by Smokeyham

I just took part in a short (one question) usability survey from Princess, where they were asking about design features for a mobile app.

They also invited further comments by replying to the email which they sent, so I took the opportunity to request that they post BVE dates on their website, and that they look at simplifying the BVE registration process.

If you are invited to participate you might also consider giving them similiar feedback. Hopefully, if enough of us ask they will make some changes.

Has there been any update yet for the schedule for 2014? It has not been updated on that page. Thanks.
Check with your TA or call Princess directly. I'm booked on the Sapphire 3/27 but it took a phone call to my TA to find a date and book. From what I could tell, there aren't as many dates available as last year.

As for the potential Princess mobile app, I'd stay away and wait for an app to be checked, approved and released through the App Store. Sending an email is a very strange way to test an app or design if it's legit.

Edited by Pam in CA

Check with your TA or call Princess directly. I'm booked on the Sapphire 3/27 but it took a phone call to my TA to find a date and book. From what I could tell, there aren't as many dates available as last year.

As for the potential Princess mobile app, I'd stay away and wait for an app to be checked, approved and released through the App Store. Sending an email is a very strange way to test an app or design if it's legit.

I called Princess directly and they were able to read me a list of BVEs for San Francisco. It did sound like fewer than last year, but tough to tell since I was not writing them all down.

Regarding the App, I think it was legitimate. They were asking for feedback on the potential layout and no information was requested, we were just asked to click on the screen on the location where we might look for something.

I called Princess directly and they were able to read me a list of BVEs for San Francisco. It did sound like fewer than last year, but tough to tell since I was not writing them all down.

Any chance you remember any of the SFO BVE dates? I'm wondering if it's available on my 4/13/14 cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't write them down. I was specifically looking for my cruise in the Fall, and was only curious about the other ones. You might call Princess and see.

I recently learned a new acronym which was posted on another thread. If you call Princess and don't get the answer you like, or which makes sense, then "HUCA" -- Hang Up and Call Again. Sadly, I've learned that this actually works!

Any chance you remember any of the SFO BVE dates? I'm wondering if it's available on my 4/13/14 cruise.