Wow - no more Samana?

tbmrt

Saw the following on a Cruise website today...Wow...we had one of the best times ever on our Samana tour. Did an ATV ride that was truly amazing....memories galore!

Does anyone know what happened?

Samana Is Out

According to a report from the Royal Caribbean Blog, Royal Caribbean has quietly dropped Samana, Dominican Republic from its itineraries next year. Samana had originally been scheduled as a port of call on for Quantum of the Sea’s Caribbean itineraries, but has now been removed. Royal Caribbean follows Norwegian Cruise Line, who also recently dropped Samana from their itineraries, in making this decision.

We are on a RCI cruise in March, with Samana on our itinerary. Last time I checked the website, Samana was still listed for our cruise. Does anyone know which port will be substituted, or the reason for the drop?

Barb, I can't speak for RCI, but all the early 2013 NCL sailings are still going to Samana. If you're concerned, I would call RCI and ask what's up.

Edited by WaldosPepper

• 2 weeks later...

NCL will drop DR in 2014 They will be stopping at Tortola instead. Think its due to limited activities. Do feel sorry for those that depended on cruise ships for income, but after 2 land vacations there I've always chosen to stay on the ship. Last vacation there almost killed me after I acquired native parasite.