Art still not arrived

Suzez

Has anyone had any problems with recieving art from Art on Royal? I am in the UK and have been waiting for over 10 weeks for mine. I still have not been given a delivery date. Should I ask for a refund? I have chased and chased.

Has anyone had any problems with recieving art from Art on Royal? I am in the UK and have been waiting for over 10 weeks for mine. I still have not been given a delivery date. Should I ask for a refund? I have chased and chased.

I went to the art auction and all I got was free cheapagne.

Oh yea those people( was going to use a profane term)They really up the price and don't even send it to you within the stated time. My Cousin owns a gallery in Telluride CO. and she told me to be very wary about this Art On Royal. I told her that Art On Royal gave some purchasers a free dinner with the artist worth $30+ some for wine. She said go for the Sparkling Wine and if you really wanted the art to go to a reputable art gallery where they can ship it quickly.

If I go to Santa Fe they can ship it within a few days and not wait 10 weeks. I was told not to purchase the art that already has a frame because you want to fit the frame to your house. Its best to buy just the lithograph or original and have a professional framer come to your house and chose the frame with you.

If its more than 10 weeks call Art of Royal and demand an answer or get a refund from your Credit Card.

I simply do not like the way Art On Royal operates and that you must wait 10 weeks for your painting and in your situation it doesn't come.

Try emailing Mr. Goldstein or the Corporate Office of Royal and have them put you in touch with the Art On Royal Manager.

Notice how they use an entertainer from the ship's entertainment team to assist the Art Auctioneers this is not professional. You want your entire team to be trained about the art. And notice how they say"We are serving Champagne". Well it's not Champagne unless it comes from France then it's Sparkling Wine.

I just go for the Sparkling Wine and to see those people who thought they got the best deal of their lives on art. y

You know I would much rather go to Sedona Santa Fe(Canyon Rd)or Telluride and buy art there than on a ship. Something doesn't seem quite right with buying it on a ship. Plus you spend about the same costs as your vacation for an art piece that does not arrive on time.

Sorry your having so much trouble to get your piece. Please keep us posted.

I do love Art Auctions and I know the Sparkling Wine is used as a selling tactic as when your happy and a bit tipsy you will make the wrong decision. I wonder what happens if you try to back down after you bid on it and it was won under buyer's remorse you are allowed to back down. What happens if your pressured to buy the piece and feel obligated to do so. Your bid was won and then you go to your stateroom to run figures and find out it costs you more you should be able to rescind your offer like buying a Timeshare and not wanting to go through within 5 days.

If they refuse to cancel your offer then its extortion. I have always wondered what would happen if someone was tipsy made an offer it was won and then they wanted to cancel.

I am lucky I can hold myself back from bidding. And they say these are one of a kinds. You can really get them anywhere that sells Britto and if you go to Santa Fe you have a wider selection as the art is limited on board.

What I would do is take pictures with your smartphone of the Art Piece and price tag and then go home and order them and have it framed. Shh don't tell Art on Royal I said that but this is what I want to do on my next cruise.

Edited by travelplus

If they refuse to cancel your offer then its extortion.

Really? Extortion is the getting something through force or threats. That does not fit this situation at all. It's a civil issue at best, but it's not a criminal offense (yes, I have law enforcement experience).

If they are outside the promised (or estimated) time of delivery, and you have made documented good faith attempts to contact them about it, you are well within your rights to dispute the charge on your credit card.

That will force them to either provide the art within a certain time period, or refund your purchase.

Firstly may I explain that we were not forced to buy the art. We did not use the auction. We paid full price. These pieces we are lead to believe are not available in the UK. There are only 100 limited editions per piece produced on aluminium. The reason i am now given is, customs hold art, this is because the ship has been in 'internationa;' waters. Now I don't know of how things work. It think this is just another lame excuse. I can not contact them in the UK. I hav easked and asked . I have called the US number, they don't call back, even when they say the will. I do not want a refund unless this continues to go on for too much longer. we do actually still want the pieces. I have been in contact with the artist, he assure me that the limit on each edition is correct. I am still waiting on Aer on Royal to come back with an update as to what is happening. If we had been told the truth from the beginning it would have not been so stressful. We were told lies and have been told lies all along. I wish I could be more partient, I just dont trust anything they say any more.

This is not extortion. It's called reading the fine print on the purchase contract. We have never had an issue with art we purchased on board.

You should call them and ask for an update on the status of the delivery.

All we have is a pink document with simple details, no small print. Just a date saying 8-10 weeks.

Edited by Suzez

I just go for the Sparkling Wine and to see those people who thought they got the best deal of their lives on art.

Sorry your having so much trouble to get your piece. Please keep us posted.

Next time I will just go to watch, never will I buy on a ship again. I had no idea this would happen. Everyone was so nice. We loved what we bought.

Yes I will keep you updated.

The art is sent to a framer in Florida, along with all the art from all the other ships. I wonder if the art actually comes from a central warehouse, and what is on the ship is "samples".

However, the piece I bought for my son last December was an original signed Pete Rose photo, so I'm pretty sure it was sent to the framer AFTER the ship docks at the end of the cruise.

Then, the framer has to get the piece framed, packaged, and mailed. Multiply that by thousands of orders, and you end up with 8 - 12 weeks for delivery.

Firstly may I explain that we were not forced to buy the art. We did not use the auction. We paid full price. These pieces we are lead to believe are not available in the UK. There are only 100 limited editions per piece produced on aluminium. The reason i am now given is, customs hold art, this is because the ship has been in 'internationa;' waters. Now I don't know of how things work. It think this is just another lame excuse. I can not contact them in the UK. I hav easked and asked . I have called the US number, they don't call back, even when they say the will. I do not want a refund unless this continues to go on for too much longer. we do actually still want the pieces. I have been in contact with the artist, he assure me that the limit on each edition is correct. I am still waiting on Aer on Royal to come back with an update as to what is happening. If we had been told the truth from the beginning it would have not been so stressful. We were told lies and have been told lies all along. I wish I could be more partient, I just dont trust anything they say any more.

We bought a piece on our last cruise and it took 12-15 weeks for delivery. When we received it the frame was damaged and we had to send it back and wait again. They offered a refund but we priced the artist in the states and got a great deal on board and really love the piece. Our's is on aluminum too:) Hang in there. The excuse they gave us was they were moving from one warehouse to another.

This is not extortion. It's called reading the fine print on the purchase contract. We have never had an issue with art we purchased on board.

You should call them and ask for an update on the status of the delivery.

Agree!

My DH bought art in May when we were in the Mediterranean. We didn't get it until about a month ago. He kept in contact with them. They kept promising. He told them he was going to ask for a refund and that did get them moving a little. They offered to send a free piece which was a litho framed. We got our art eventually. DH has agreed to never buy from Art on Royal as they have some sort of issue in getting things shipped. They do it eventually but does take a LOT of time!

We still use Park West and have been to several land auctions. We are always content with what we buy. We also buy from local artists. We buy because we want the piece, not thinking we are going to turn around and sell it.

why does it take so long to get art from the ship. Is it possible to buy art on board and take it off the ship yourself and deal with the customs when you go through.

yes some you can take off the ship, but these pieces were too big and they even if we could they insisted they needed re framing.

The art is sent to a framer in Florida, along with all the art from all the other ships. I wonder if the art actually comes from a central warehouse, and what is on the ship is "samples".

However, the piece I bought for my son last December was an original signed Pete Rose photo, so I'm pretty sure it was sent to the framer AFTER the ship docks at the end of the cruise.

Then, the framer has to get the piece framed, packaged, and mailed. Multiply that by thousands of orders, and you end up with 8 - 12 weeks for delivery.

These piece were supposedly off loaded in the UK, where the ship has been based this summer. They have a distribution centre here.

We bought a piece on our last cruise and it took 12-15 weeks for delivery. When we received it the frame was damaged and we had to send it back and wait again. They offered a refund but we priced the artist in the states and got a great deal on board and really love the piece. Our's is on aluminum too:) Hang in there. The excuse they gave us was they were moving from one warehouse to another.

The most recent excuse is customs, nice one. I don't believe a word they say, the story keep changing.

I will hang in there, I am now expecting them some time in the next month(December) going by what others have said.