"LIVE" (hopefully?) from Allure of the Seas, November 10th, 2013

We're traveling with you today. Parking the axe at Embassy Suites as live in Florida. We too will be staying on board at least in Nassau. So you'll have to share some deck space. I'm traveling with my DH and two other couples. We're on deck 14. Some day will get to mini or full suite level. Maybe we will cross paths. Who knows with 6000 people On Board. Here's to smooth sailing and great adventures.

Pam

Good morning from the Embassy Suites, all! Thanks for the replies and kind words, I'll try and answer questions once I get a reliable wifi connection on board. I purchased the wifi package for $9.95 (daily rate), and though it showed I was connected, nothing would load. I'll try and post some photos of the hotel now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

null_zps6f340d73.jpg

The grounds are lovely here.

The "good" about this hotel....

- convenient to shopping

- complimentary breakfast was good, but avoid the precooked eggs (horrible) and opt for the egg station, where you can get omelets and made to order eggs

- the beds were extremely comfortable

- nice pool area

- complimentary happy hour also a bonus but lines were incredibly long!

Publix and total wine across the street, I had grand plans to go there and get water and wine, but looks like a longer walk than I had anticipated!

null_zps384068b4.jpg

That distance is half the length of the ship go far it you'll be in training for the week to come.:)

The "not so good" about this hotel....

- for $200 plus dollars per night, you'd think they'd include free wifi.

- the rooms are a bit dated, and could use updating.

- when I booked this hotel, the website advertised, and showed pictures of "real" balconies, ya know, the kind with a table and chairs? Well, not the case here, many of these balconies are the peek a boo style

null_zps7a7be80a.jpg

Was not able to get a balcony with a view of the port, but was able to change to a room with a real balcony overlooked 17th street.

Also, there is a small public balcony on the 12th floor, with a good view if the port. It was there that I spotted Oasis yesterday. Think I will run up there now to see Allure!!!

Final thought--I never picked up water, wine and soda as I had planned. Why you may ask? Well I never considered how I was going to carry all this back to the hotel with me. Guess I could have emptied a suitcase, and rolled it over to the store with me, but I actually just thought about that potential solution right now....

Lovely pictures... I hadn't realized the Embassy Suites pool was so beautiful!

Sorry when I asked about excursions earlier ... I realize you're not planning any formal excursions, but are you planning on doing your own thing in Cozumel or Jamaica or completely staying on the ship?

We haven't planned any formal excursions -- and were wondering if we could do our own thing at a reasonable price once off the ship. Our biggest problem is Jamaica and having to drive the 45min to either Mobay or Ocho Rios.

Did they have a lounge for drinks late at night at the Embassy? You will be making my week wonderful and I truly thank you for keeping us posted and sending the photos and BON VOYAGE!! Oh, have a slice of meat for me at the buffet hehehe wonder what todays meat be hahaha

Lovely pictures... I hadn't realized the Embassy Suites pool was so beautiful!

Sorry when I asked about excursions earlier ... I realize you're not planning any formal excursions, but are you planning on doing your own thing in Cozumel or Jamaica or completely staying on the ship?

We haven't planned any formal excursions -- and were wondering if we could do our own thing at a reasonable price once off the ship. Our biggest problem is Jamaica and having to drive the 45min to either Mobay or Ocho Rios.

This an Eastern cruise and goes to St. Martin, St. Thomas and Nassau. The ports you asked about are on the Western cruise.

Sitting in the suite boarding section now!!! Left hotel at 1030, all checked in and ready to go! Our traveling companions were allowed to join us in this section, although they are not in a suite. We planned on getting a few taxis to transport us to the pier, instead if the hotel shuttle, which I believe was $10 per person. We wound up taking a van, double bb transportation company, $40 total for the 8 of us. Boarding the b2b now....