Lemon & Ginger tea and Peppermint tea

BlueVinney

And on the tea theme..I drink only green tea (well, in tea terms!) and always cart it around with me. Will I find it on board??

A word of Caution: It must be pure green tea..not spoilt with Lemon or Ginseng or whatever else gets added..

Thank you in anticipation!

In the buffet in Azura by the drinks machines they were little drawers full of different teas, peppermint was one of them, also fruit teas, I didn't look that closely at them so not sure of the others

In June on the Azura there was Camomile, Lemon & Ginger, Peppermint, Green Tea and White Tea in addition to several fruit teas, quite often the little drawers were empty but the servers were always very helpful and went to get whatever I asked for. I also asked our cabin steward for Camomile because this is what I drink every morning and it was replenished everyday.

In my experience whenever there are lots of different type teas , they always end up all tasting of peppermint. Yuck. English Breakfast Tea please and throw the rest away.

Even that tastes yuk, it must be the water because I could not get a decent cuppa no matter what tea bag, the best was probably breakfast in the dining room :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for replying, I hope that your news continues to be true on my next cruise.

Continuing on the tea theme, the best tea drink on the seas used to be served at P&O afternoon tea in the main dining room. The real tea leaves used for the tea seemed always to give a better flavour than the 'dusty' bags used by most other cruise lines. I've started taking my tea without milk so find 'English Breakfast' tea is too strong with too much tannin for me. My own pot of Darjeeling or Ceylon made with tea leaves at afternoon tea is my idea of tea drinking heaven. I'm just hoping that on the forthcoming cruise that tea leaves are still used.

To broaden the topic a little, do P&O still serve Costa Coffee as the premium drink? On my last P&O cruise they served the the same size, standard and price as in UK coffee shops. I hope that still holds as I found that the premium coffee served on Cunard was not as much to my taste and very expensive size-for-size compared with P&O. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

PS (Added as an edit)

I should have really called the brews I originally asked about 'tisanes' rather than 'teas', although they are normally referred to as teas. I found them very good to settle the digestion after too much rich food. What on a cruise? :)

Edited by BlueVinney

There is a Costa coffee on Azura, Java , you pay for coffee but cakes and snacks etc. are free not sure if what I had on Oceana was Costa or not

It was around the same price and size as the shops at home but I felt a little too weak so I paid 40p more for an extra shot

Thanks everyone for replying, I hope that your news continues to be true on my next cruise.

Continuing on the tea theme, the best tea drink on the seas used to be served at P&O afternoon tea in the main dining room. The real tea leaves used for the tea seemed always to give a better flavour than the 'dusty' bags used by most other cruise lines. I've started taking my tea without milk so find 'English Breakfast' tea is too strong with too much tannin for me. My own pot of Darjeeling or Ceylon made with tea leaves at afternoon tea is my idea of tea drinking heaven. I'm just hoping that on the forthcoming cruise that tea leaves are still used.

To broaden the topic a little, do P&O still serve Costa Coffee as the premium drink? On my last P&O cruise they served the the same size, standard and price as in UK coffee shops. I hope that still holds as I found that the premium coffee served on Cunard was not as much to my taste and very expensive size-for-size compared with P&O. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

PS (Added as an edit)

I should have really called the brews I originally asked about 'tisanes' rather than 'teas', although they are normally referred to as teas. I found them very good to settle the digestion after too much rich food. What on a cruise? :)

Yes all the ships have a 'Costa' now. Arcadia has 2. Price is about the same as UK. But then the Costa price in the UK does vary from place to place.

Gan Canny

Dai

I wonder if they match the tea bags to the onboard water supply?

I remember an item on TV about tea blending where they said the same brand tea bag might well contain different tea depending on where in the country you bought it, matching the local water supply so the flavour was consistent across the country.

I do like peppermint tea when I have a bout of IBS. It helps settle things down.

On my recent trip with Cunard I developed a liking for both Lemon and Ginger tea and Peppermint tea. Does anyone know if P&O provide these or will I need to bring my own tea bags on my upcoming cruise?

Thanks for any help.

Hi there

Just got back off Aurora and they use Twinings Tea Bags. Breakfast Tea, Decaffeinated Breakfast Tea, Green Tea, Redbush, Pure White Tea, Pure Camomile, Cranberry & Raspberry Tea and Pure Peppermint Tea.