Breeze Entertainment

sml3

Really looking forward to trying Carnival again on my upcoming Breeze trip. The entertainment on this ship has not received rave reviews. This isn't really a deal breaker for me but I was just wondering if the probelm is bad shows/choreography or bad singers/dancers? How often do they change the team if it is just that this particular group isn't good?

My husband and I are cruising the breeze this cuming Sunday and we want to at least see one show and see how it is.. A lot of people said that the shows are not that great anymore so I'll get to see it for my self on Sunday!!! :)

I'm curious as well. We enjoy going to the shows and it is important to us, although not a deal breaker. What I don't understand is why Carnival doesn't address this issue - the sub par entertainment is all over cc and the internet, it seems one of the 'beards' would address it. Fingers crossed it's addressed before my June Breeze cruise if not the OP's February :D

Edited by 2bthereagain

We sailed the Breeze last year and it doesn't look like the entertainment has improved from what I have read. Last year the shows were terrible...not only could the singers not sing but the production shows were down right not interesting.

They have gotten rid of the live bands. They did have a girl with some backup players a couple of nights in the ocean plaza...very crowded and not good. They had a guitar player in the red pub bar and of course the piano player in the piano bar. They also had a duo in the atrium...I did not care for them at all.

On the lido deck if the large tv wasn't blaring then they would have a dj playing hip hop, rap, etc at death defying decimals. Didn't care for that at all!

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I was on the 9/28 sailing. I only saw the Divas Show and it was terrible! I left after 15, maybe 20 minutes. This particular group could not harmonize together at all. The magic show was really good. I love the Punchliner Comedy Club and comedians, but you have to get there early to get a seat. They don't change the shows on a ship often because the sets are usually built into the stage, and changing them would only be possible during a dry dock. You'll have a great cruise (check out my review in my signature), but don't count on stellar shows.

Saw almost all the shows on Breeze last December and they weren't great. I'd never cruised Carnival when the big production shows were on every ship, but the lack of talent was a let down.

Like GAPearl said, the comedy was good. On my sailing, there was a ventriloquist; I think he tried to be too much like Jeff Dunham, but he was funny nonetheless. I liked the woman singing in the Ocean Plaza. She had a very good voice and the band could really play. The woman in the atrium, however, was awful.

As you can see, it's hit or miss. But, you know what? Enjoy a drink or two (or three), settle in, and just have fun! If you really can't stand it, there's plenty to do on all parts of the ship. :)

Sailed "Breeze" last month and actually, the three big shows are better than many of the "Playlist Production" shows, except for "Divas". That show isn't worth wasting your time on, but the other two, "The Brits", and "Motor City" are both very good. Instead of only 4 singer/dancers, there are 8 doing the shows on "Breeze". The variety shows, and the newlywed game are both entertaining, but the "Hasbro" thingy sucks, unless you're actually on stage, participating. The musical groups, and musicians aboard were good when we sailed, but may have changed by now.

To summarize, be sure to see Motor City, and "The Brits", but don't waste your time on "Divas".

"SKY"

I was on the Breeze...9/14-9/22. Not quite 2 months ago.

I liked the entertainment. The British songs one had an electronic background..and I liked it. I did not go to sleep during it as I usually do on production shows.

I enjoyed the Diva show. Thought the singing was pretty good. I was very impressed with the Lead Singer..who was male and a great dancer.

How can anyone say those boys and girls could not dance? I was in the Drama Club throughout college. We took plays on tour......performed in summer Theatre..I was a prop hand ( no acting talent)...and I cannot tell the hours those kids practice to move in the perfect snyc they do......and yes they are loud. they PROJECT. They are trained to do that.

Did not see Hansbro. Head so much bad about it at dinner........Marriage game....coarse and too personal for me.....Trivia....activites staff..surly attidute. Too lazy to write questions down..would come toting in huge books and look up questions while there...That is LAZY. BAD CD

Only cruise I have ever taken where I disliked the activities staff. disliked is too strong a word. they...........were not nice. they seemed to be bored.

Food was good.

ship was clean

Pools........way too crowded. but seats could be had

didn't see any comedians.

Managed to have a tolerably good time...Ha. had a lovely time. You will love it. Go see a show.

AND Marcus Anthony did a show ......tell me he is not fantastic. He did a MoTown show. Great. loved it.

Just off the Breeze last Saturday. We didn't see any of the 3 playlist shows because it isn't really our thing but really enjoyed the comedic juggler, but I'm not sure how long he was going to be on board. We really enjoyed the comedy club. Just make sure you get there early because seats can be hard to come by. We enjoyed the piano player they had but my husband spoke with him and he was only brought on fo pa shortengapgement@. We pass the guitar player in th pub, played some trivia and enjoyed both. Bottom line, give it all a try and see what you like. The trip will be fun regardless.

Really looking forward to trying Carnival again on my upcoming Breeze trip. The entertainment on this ship has not received rave reviews. This isn't really a deal breaker for me but I was just wondering if the probelm is bad shows/choreography or bad singers/dancers? How often do they change the team if it is just that this particular group isn't good?

I thought the people in the show were very tallented. In fact I actually though the show was pretty good. They have only a small group of people in the show and the sets are kind of limited, and i think that is where the less than favorable reviews come from.

If you are expecting a big broadway production with a huge cast and elaborate stage setting, you may be a little let down. But like I said, i thought the show was good.

Jim

We loved the Divas show and the juggler and of course the comedians. The duo singing in the attrium were good, the girl was but the guy rarely sings and he should not sing at all because he is terrible. Our favorite duo is Summer Breeze we saw them on the Splendor many times and they were both great but they have moved on to another ship.

I don't think the problem is with the singers/dancers. They are working hard and do have talent, but they are asked to do way too much. The problem is with the concept itself. Playlist Productions is a terrible concept. It's not interesting, & it comes across as being very cheap. No live band at all is almost unheard of in the world of entertainment these days, except for vocal groups or solo artists that haven't made it big enough to bring a band with them, or your lower budget community-center-type plays/shows. Some of those even will have live music. Most high school shows I have gone to have live music. But not Carnival's Playlist shows. Plus, they only have a few different shows fleetwide, so the same shows are being repeated on multiple ships more with the Playlist shows than with the other production shows.

As others have mentioned, there are at the most 8 dancers/singers, and they use big screens instead of real props. Blue Man Group uses big screens, but they actually do it well (and they use live music). Carnival is just not utilizing it well with the production. I saw all 3 Playlist shows on Breeze. The Brits was embarrassing. Motor City was okay at best. Divas, I thought, was well done. It probably is a more appealing show to younger crowds, as it uses more modern music. I enjoyed the choices of songs in Divas, and it by far had the largest turnout and fewest walkouts. The other 2 shows had tons of walkouts.

...The problem is with the concept itself. Playlist Productions is a terrible concept. It's not interesting, & it comes across as being very cheap. No live band at all....there are at the most 8 dancers/singers, and they use big screens instead of real props...

I clipped out the portions (of your comments) which impacted us the most. We sailed the Breeze in April and were devastated with the pathetic "Playlist Productions". We saw one entire show, then chose to sit in the back so we could escape early if others were as bad...they were. We stopped going to the shows - with the intention to stop booking Carnival - found a lounge act we really liked and made the most of it.

Playlist is a failure IMHO - lots of negative feedback. I hope Carnival can end - or at least not renew the contract and bring back live entertainment.

FYI - Sailed Paradise last weekend and it was awesome to have a show band and real production shows.

Wow so much negative feedback about entertainment. I'm not really into the shows on the ship, but I would have to be all the way in the back and unnoticed to get up and walk out. That's such an insult. How long are they? 30, 45 minutes?

30 minutes. I forgot about that part. They cut the length of the shows in half. Carnival is clearly targeting people who don't go to shows or don't care about them very much. They are apparently okay with losing people who enjoy having good shows. For some people, the good shows add very little to their experience. Some of us like having the full experience, which we could only get with Carnival. As these Playlist shows spread to all ships (and that is their plan), it's going to be tough to choose a cruiseline. I'll have to give up something that I love no matter what cruiseline I go on.

30 minutes. I forgot about that part. They cut the length of the shows in half. Carnival is clearly targeting people who don't go to shows or don't care about them very much. They are apparently okay with losing people who enjoy having good shows. For some people, the good shows add very little to their experience. Some of us like having the full experience, which we could only get with Carnival. As these Playlist shows spread to all ships (and that is their plan), it's going to be tough to choose a cruiseline. I'll have to give up something that I love no matter what cruiseline I go on.

We are faced with the same challenge as we've always enjoyed cruise entertainment and it IS important to us. Very pleased with Paradise entertainment (disembarked just 3 days ago) and makes me miss the old Carnival. We want the whole experience and Carnival's cutbacks force us to look elsewhere.