When are the dining changes going to happen?

ThreeYellowLabs

... Or sit at a table with people who can't speak English (that was awkward)...

I agree with all you said esp the above...On RCCL my sister and i (both of us single) were seated with a couple and their 3 kids. They knew very little English. Awkward and a bit frustrating.

:eek: I love escargot but 4 lbs! Not sure about that one! LOL

Another wild speculation they are gonna use a more wide menu by serving things that one may find on fear factor cow tongue, trite, Rocky Mountain oysters well you get the idea

Another wild speculation they are gonna use a more wide menu by serving things that one may find on fear factor cow tongue, trite, Rocky Mountain oysters well you get the idea

OH my...

Tripe is ok in Menudo after an especially hard Saturday night!!

(Which would be EVERY night on the cruiseship :rolleyes:)

I didn't care for the alligator fritters.

Tasted like way too salty,mushy hush puppies.

Couldn't discern any gator meat at all.

Pam

My butcher has an in with Carnival and has told me about the changes.

First they want to make the meatloaf healthier so they will make it meatless.

Than they realized the mac and cheese has to much fat and they will remove 75% of the cheese and replace it with 25% of the meat removed from the meatloaf.

How is this for brilliant.icon7.gif

More to follow next time I see my friend.

Than they realized the mac and cheese has to much fat and they will remove 75% of the cheese and replace it with 25% of the meat removed from the meatloaf.

Do tell! :p

OH my...

Tripe is ok in Menudo after an especially hard Saturday night!!

(Which would be EVERY night on the cruiseship :rolleyes:)

I didn't care for the alligator fritters.

Tasted like way too salty,mushy hush puppies.

Couldn't discern any gator meat at all.

Pam

The alligator fritters were very disappointing. Way to much breading and no alligator that I could find. I agree...a salty, mushy hush puppy.

So to recap so far we have 4 pound snails with extra butter, Heather meatless meatloaf, a not so cheesy Mac and cheese w/meat, along with trite, cow tongue and Rocky Mountain oysters. And for dessert the sugarless WCMC. Anything else? Just remember we are all speculating wildly

Edited by ToAdam12

I have to disagree with you. I was so happy they added the ATD and the equivalents on other lines so that I wouldn't be forced to sit with strangers at dinner. I am with the majority of those that posted on John Heald's FB post, I want to sit with my family or traveling group only. I am not anti-social, I just like to choose who I have dinner conversation with.

On one cruise with traditional dining I ended up sitting next to an elderly lady with memory issues. She was very nice but told the same stories over and over EVERY night. Nobody was willing to switch seats with me. :( On another one it was a large table with my DH, DD who was 10 and an older couple who was in their 70's. Nobody else assigned to the table ever showed up. My daughter was miserable.

I agree. Not to mention the small children at your table late, worn out, and grouchy.

Not sure if anyone already mentioned this but I think that post on Facebook about sitting alone or with strangers might've been about something else? Supposedly a man emailed John saying he was single and travelling alone and he asked if he could be placed at a table full of single women. The discussion was whether this was creepy or not haha... Or maybe it was a different post?

We were told by our Waitstaff that the new menu and new tables (no linen) would be around December 8th.

No linen's...did they mention paper plates and plastic sporks wrapped in a napkin?

I can see how it would be cost effective to get rid of the linens but to me, that is part of the elegance of cruising.

That's really sad .

People have become so disconnected from one another in today's world.

We love sitting with the same group and hearing stories. It will be very sad to see something like that happen but doesn't surprise me .:(

Why is this sad? I don't go into a restaurant and sit down with people that I do not know and eat and carry on a conversation. Why is it any different on a cruise line? Before ATD came along, I loathed going to the MDR and being seated with people that I really didn't want to sit with. We would end up on Lido just to avoid them.:cool:

Not sure if anyone already mentioned this but I think that post on Facebook about sitting alone or with strangers might've been about something else? Supposedly a man emailed John saying he was single and travelling alone and he asked if he could be placed at a table full of single women. The discussion was whether this was creepy or not haha... Or maybe it was a different post?

The single man was a different post and most answered that the request was inappropriate and that he should be seated with singles but with both men and women.

The post asking about sitting with family or with strangers was one of the quick fire questions that John asks every weekend. The answers that I saw were similar to the poll that is on the boards currently with the majority stating they wanted to sit with family only. [/color][/b]

Edited by Mysticks1

Why is this sad? I don't go into a restaurant and sit down with people that I do not know and eat and carry on a conversation. Why is it any different on a cruise line? Before ATD came along, I loathed going to the MDR and being seated with people that I really didn't want to sit with. We would end up on Lido just to avoid them.:cool:

I would hate to think of all the friends I wouldn't have had we not met them at our dinner table. Kinda like weddings. We have met some great people at those too. No lido restaurant there.

LOL!

Stu, who knew you were so funny!?!