Friday night fireworks at Hilton Hawaiian Village.

sugarnyc

Friday night fireworks at Hilton Hawaiian Village.

I was told a good place to see the fireworks was at Fort Derussy park. Is it also accurate that there is a paved walkway there that you take to walk to HHV in about 10-15 mins?

Thanks!

Yes, there is a paved walkway between Ft. DeRussy and HHV (it actually goes all the way up to the first Outrigger hotel). Since they are next door to each other (the Hale Koa hotel is part of the "base"), I'm not sure it really is a 10 minute walk on the beach path. It may be 10 minutes if you are going via Kalia Rd, since you have to walk up a block from the beach, go around the Park and back into HHV. The beach path is perfectly good for anyone, including families with strollers, slow walkers, etc.

One word: don't expect "wow" fireworks. It's a very short presentation. But, it is fun to be so up close to the fireworks :) Buy a drink at HHV - do your part to help pay for the fireworks ;)

Thank you for all your responses! Very helpful.

When you said the 1st Outrigger- you mean the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach?

I think it's the Outrigger Reef on the Beach.. It's the one without Duke's. It's also before you get to the Sheraton, Halekulani hotels.

I've read that it starts at 7:45 on Friday night and lasts 5 to 10 minutes. I'm not sure about Tuesday. Last year, I was there on Friday and tried to watch for it from the ship, but didn't see anything. Of course, I may have just missed it. I'll be there on Tuesday this year, so maybe I'll get another shot at seeing it.

Tuesday fireworks have now been cancelled. Didn't last too long--maybe 6 weeks. Great view from Ft. DeRussey beach, in back of Hale Koa Hotel. Stop for a great Mai tai at Barefoot Bar at Hale Koa!

Don't plan your Friday night around the fireworks, because they don't last more than about 5 minutes.

Tuesday fireworks have now been cancelled. Didn't last too long--maybe 6 weeks. Great view from Ft. DeRussey beach' date=' in back of Hale Koa Hotel. Stop for a great Mai tai at Barefoot Bar at Hale Koa!

Don't plan your Friday night around the fireworks, because they don't last more than about 5 minutes.[/quote']

Good to know! Thank you!

Tuesday fireworks have now been cancelled. Didn't last too long--maybe 6 weeks. Great view from Ft. DeRussey beach' date=' in back of Hale Koa Hotel. Stop for a great Mai tai at Barefoot Bar at Hale Koa!

Don't plan your Friday night around the fireworks, because they don't last more than about 5 minutes.[/quote']

Thanks. Now I won't look for them.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Waikiki in October this year, for 3 night stay before joining the Celebrity Millenium cruise to Sydney, Australia.

We saw the fireworks on a Friday night. We made a point of walking down from our unit at Embassy Suites to Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort, bought a cocktail & beer and sat outside under the coconut palms, and watched the fireworks from below.....a wow factor. (I have also seen the fireworks from a previous stay in Outrigger Reef on the Beach Hotel)