Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

Excluding D's from evening access to the DL would be unfair...I'm a D+ and feel that this sends the wrong message to those that have been so loyal to Royal.

Sorry, not everything in life us fair. The D's should get ready to lose any lounge access.

This discussion has been going on for quite some time. Based on a converastion with the LA on our last cruise, we were reminded that facilities in the CL are larger than most of the DLs. The DL will be transformed into the new Suite Lounge and the CL will be for the D+ and P members. Diamonds will get drink coupons and access to a special breakfast area.

umm…have you ever been on the Freedom Class? DL's are much larger and nicer.

We used to only book balcony cabins but on our last cruise decided to try a GS since Hubby was turning 50 and I wanted it to be special for him. We have stayed in suites on Celebrity and NCL and I totally agree that the CL should be for suite guests only. On the Allure, the CL got very crowded during lunch time and the cocktail hour. I would say over half of the guests in the CL were Diamond Plus and yes, they took up the majority of the seats and the suite guest were stuck standing. We paid a lot of money for our suite and for us to have to stand-up was not right. The reason why I know that the Diamond Plus members were taking over the seating is because we struck up conversations with most people that were in the CL over the course of the week and they told us they were D plus.

We will be sailing Liberty in a B2B in January and are booked in the GS again for the first part of our sailing and then a JS for the second part of our sailing because we will reach Diamond after the first sailing. We really won't have a need to use the CL because we will have the DL to go to. Since we learned JS get double points here on Cruise Critic we will only book JS for the double points from here on out unless we come across a good deal. Since it appears that the RC is going to make changes to the C&A we can only hope that we can get our points up so we can continue to take advantage of all the perks before they start to change everything.

Edited by Colorado Babe

yes you are correct, CURRENTLY entitled. that will definitely change and I for one is glad to see it..

Sorry, not everything in life us fair. The D's should get ready to lose any lounge access.

The competitive and entitled attitude of some posters on this thread is really off-putting. I am a new Diamond, and look forward to spending time with nice people on board. It's up to RCI to dictate the program, and speculation is useless, IMHO. Those gleefully rubbing their hands together might do well spending their lounge time with the like-minded.

Teddie

The competitive and entitled attitude of some posters on this thread is really off-putting. I am a new Diamond, and look forward to spending time with nice people on board. It's up to RCI to dictate the program, and speculation is useless, IMHO. Those gleefully rubbing their hands together might do well spending their lounge time with the like-minded.

Teddie

I think you are assuming that I am cheering this change, that is not correct. I am only passing on the info from my sources. I really don't care what happens to the D's. I'm sorry if the facts offend anyone.

I think you are assuming that I am cheering this change, that is not correct. I am only passing on the info from my sources. I really don't care what happens to the D's. I'm sorry if the facts offend anyone.

Right. It's all in the way you say it. And as you say, you really don't care; clear enough.

Teddie

I just can't see RC throwing Diamond Members out of the DL. Maybe they will make changes to the ships in the future and make a DL, D+ Lounge and CL. My suggestion would be to make the Viking Crown Lounge the D lounge. Whenever we go in there it's always pretty empty anyway.

Just out of curiosity how do people feel about suite guests who have been on maybe one or two cruises getting more benefits than diamond members?
Doesn't bother me, money talks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well, if this happens that will make both times that change affected us. The first time, we were delayed making D by one cruise (we already had it booked). This time, we currently have 143 points (got our first crystal block on Allure) but have two 10 night cruises booked in JS in the next year which would make us D+ in Nov next year. Sigh...

I knew changes had to be coming. We've been booked in GS several times over the last 3 years and I can tell you, the lounge has gotten increasingly busy. And, honestly, we were questioned one time by a D+ couple as to how we were in the CL if we were only D. Seriously? People forget the CL was not built for D+ and P, but for suite guests which is how it should have stayed. They wouldn't be in this predicament now if it had...:rolleyes:

I just can't see RC throwing Diamond Members out of the DL. Maybe they will make changes to the ships in the future and make a DL, D+ Lounge and CL. My suggestion would be to make the Viking Crown Lounge the D lounge. Whenever we go in there it's always pretty empty anyway.
Five years ago, a lot of people couldn't see them throwing Diamonds out of the CL.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They will give the D's some drink coupons.

That depends on the ship and the entertainment there. On EX, the Viking Crown is pretty busy. They usually have a decent band with dance music.

These kinds of comments are very upsetting. So what you are telling me because of a few cruises and ships every Diamond should get kicked out of the Diamond Club? I was just on a 12 night Med cruise on the Serenade OTS and there was a tiny amount of overcrowding (overflow handled by the lounge next door), and it seemed to me the club was half empty most of the cocktail hour. The overcrowding in the Diamond Club on the Allure was solved by using other venues. Why can't that be applied to all ships?

Many ships don't even have a Diamond Club, Diamonds on those ships are already denied benefits published in RCI's marketing materials. I don't understand that if you can find a venue you should be able to offer free drinks and snacks.

Don't tell me about what RCI can do to me any time they wish. If I'm kicked out of the Diamond Club I will be very upset. It matters TO ME and I really don't give a crap about how you think I should feel about this possible take away.

I suspect that if RCI said we no longer want to put up with the hassle/expense and can't afford to give you free drinks any longer; Many, many more would be upset. What if they said we'll just close all the lounges?

Edited by steveru621

They will give the D's some drink coupons.

I'm fine with the drink coupons actually however, I really don't think it's fair to tell Diamond members you no longer can go in the Diamond Lounge. What kind of business is that? I highly doubt RC would do it but if they plan to do it, you will definitely see my husband and I taking very long cruises in a suite to get to Diamond Plus in the next two years. I'm very close to reaching early retirement and want to make sure that we have this amenity when I retire. I hope RC thinks this out because I think they will lose many loyal customers if they make such a drastic change.

Edited by Colorado Babe

Excluding D's from evening access to the DL would be unfair...I'm a D+ and feel that this sends the wrong message to those that have been so loyal to Royal.

I agree as well, perhaps the diamonds should all gather and let C & A aware of how they feel. Taking away from D now will make taking away from D+ easier the next time a change comes around. Getting thousands of emails would make them think twice about their decision. I remember when Celebrity tried to change some things, the Elites stuck together and the change never took hold!

I agree as well, perhaps the diamonds should all gather and let C & A aware of how they feel. Taking away from D now will make taking away from D+ easier the next time a change comes around. Getting thousands of emails would make them think twice about their decision. I remember when Celebrity tried to change some things, the Elites stuck together and the change never took hold!

Great Idea. Who would we send our email to in C&A? Is there a general C&A email address?

yes you are correct, CURRENTLY entitled. that will definitely change and I for one is glad to see it..

You can always just sit in your suite or treat yoUrself to a premium package and not have to mingle with fellow cruisers if you fee that strongly.

On my recent cruise I travelled in a Suite, was D+, purchased a premium package and I had no issues mingling with my fellow guests.

I appreciate your opinions, but clearly don't have to agree with them.

Happy Cruising

Agreed. If you pay the big bucks to stay in a suite, you should get the perks. If they don't give the perks to the Suite guests, then they won't fill them--plain and simple.

It's just my opinion. But, if I just spent $20,000 on a cabin do you really think I care that much about free drinks and snacks?

For what it's worth I've spent a whole lot more than that with RCI on my way to becoming a Diamond. In 13 cruises I figure I've spent well over $50,000 on an RCI ship. $6,000 on my last cruise alone. My money doesn't count?

I don't think that RCI will lose loyal customers over the use of a lounge. If you enjoy sailing on RCI, then people will continue to cruise with them. They might not be happy if these rumors pan out, but they will still sail with RCI. What are your alternatives. Are you going to start from scratch with another cruise lines loyalty program. Some might, but I think the masses will stay put.

I don't think that RCI will lose loyal customers over the use of a lounge. If you enjoy sailing on RCI, then people will continue to cruise with them. They might not be happy if these rumors pan out, but they will still sail with RCI. What are your alternatives. Are you going to start from scratch with another cruise lines loyalty program. Some might, but I think the masses will stay put.

If you cruise with friends and some are diamond & others are diamond plus it makes a difference if diamonds are not permitted in the lounge!

BND mentioned about them missing out the last change from reaching D - that happened to us as well!

If you cruise with friends and some are diamond & others are diamond plus it makes a difference if diamonds are not permitted in the lounge!

BND mentioned about them missing out the last change from reaching D - that happened to us as well!

I've been on past cruises with friends and family. Some were platinum, some Diamond and some were even booked in the upper level suites that gave them access to the CL and not the DL. But you know what? We all survived and enjoyed our cruise.

Edited by SidneyOfEaston