tuxedo rentals?

bronzebeauty

Has anyone rented a tux from cruiseline formal rentals? It says that they deliver your tux to your stateroom, is this true? I'm just curious if anyone has had any issues renting a tux? It would be a lot easier for my son to rent from them instead of packing one in his luggage on the plane.

Has anyone rented a tux from cruiseline formal rentals? It says that they deliver your tux to your stateroom, is this true? I'm just curious if anyone has had any issues renting a tux? It would be a lot easier for my son to rent from them instead of packing one in his luggage on the plane.

Is it you just want him to wear a tux.....possibly for pictures?

Because if not....while you will see some on the cruise, most will not be wearing them.

Son got married on magic last year and we got measured at Men's wearhouse too. Some had their sizes wrong but for myself i hated the tux, first time and last..lol Yes, they do bring them to your room if you are having a wedding, not sure if it's delivered to room if it's not a wedding.

I've rented Carnival's tuxes twice, and I'd gladly do it again. It's easy, and it means that much less clothes I have to pack. (I do bring my own Mickey Mouse bow tie with me, though -- what can I say; it's tradition.) Both times I've had to run down to the Formalities shop to pick it up/return it. It's never been delivered to my stateroom.

As far as sizing goes, I'd recommend going to a professional tux rental shop instead of Men's Wearhouse in order to get your fitting card. In my experiences, I've found much better service and accurate measurements that way.

My son and I rent on every cruise (11 so far). This last time was a couple of months ago. We sailed on the Breeze.

We did order thru cruiselineformalwear.

Everything was as expected regarding sizeing, styles, etc. We did have to go to the Cherry's On Top store to pick up the tux. This store used to be the Formalities Shoppe on board the ship but has been rebranded.

You so don't need a tux for elegant nights unless you just want to wear one.

LuLu

~~~~

Correct. You'll see very few.

You'll see some suits, some with just a tie, some with neither and just a button down shirt with dockers. A few with not much more than jeans.

I've rented tuxedos through Carnival/Cruiselineformalwear 3 times now. All 3 times, the tuxes were waiting for me in our stateroom when we boarded. I think the rental prices are fair, when you consider that you're getting a week's rental for about what a single day rental costs at home. The local formal wear shop does my measurements for the order, and I've never had any sizing issues. I'll keep ordering through this company.

I love how some folks try to talk you out of going above and beyond what the expectations are.

Are these the same people who tell us it's their vacation and they'll wear whatever they want?

You'll be out of place in a tux on Elegant Night, but they don't care what others think in their shorts and wife beaters

Just think most are just saying that it's fine to wear a tuxedo if you want to but don't have to if you don't as long as you are decently dressed. :)

This will be my last post on this thread because I don't wish to pull out the popcorn! :D

LuLu

~~~~