Price drop today... Check your prices!!!

chris.b.74

I wonder if I would qualify for a price drop or any sort of OBC? I'm booked on the Carnival Sunshine under the 2014 preview sale and also had a free category upgrade to an aft balcony for the same price as a standard balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just for info, for those with the $100 OBC for buying a cruise while on a cruise, you DO NOT lose the OBC if the reduced price is accepted. Note that I did lose the OBC with my first price drop but after several convesations with Carnival, they admitted that some of their reps misinterpreted the guildelines. The 100 OBC was reinstated and I received 3 price drops for a total drop over $600. The $100 was reinstated and reappeared on my INVOICE where it remains. I pursued this issue after hearing from several Cruise Critics who encountered the same problem. I have the Military rate with the $100 OBC. Note that my TA even said the OBC would be lost but after they contacted Carnival and pursued the issue, the OBC was reinstated. Just don't give in because the confusion results where the Carnival Rep considers the buy a cruise on a cruise credit the same of the Future Cruise Certificate which have been discontinued.

I hope this helps with those with the same issue.

Thanks, DH is just submitting our ES form. :D

Actually, just read the fine print, and we'd forfeit our OBC for booking onboard. Don't see how this should effect price drops. Isn't that why you book ES. Little mad right now.

Update: emailed our PVP, asking why we'd lose OBC for a price drop. Went out for a show, came backed, checked my email, and she had responded by saying I was right, she called a supervisor, and my balance is $100.00 less. NICE. :D:D

This is why I use a PVP. :p

I kind of had a price drop, but not the usual way. Sailing soon, so in full penalty time. Of course the elimination of solo supplement has come up on this particular cruise, but couldn't get my rate cut. The agent applied the double fare to an OV for my solo inside rate. I just checked OV's and they are $100 more than I paid. I would have preferred a price cut and kept the porthole, but now have a full view and 2 decks up.

D

Just for info, for those with the $100 OBC for buying a cruise while on a cruise, you DO NOT lose the OBC if the reduced price is accepted. Note that I did lose the OBC with my first price drop but after several convesations with Carnival, they admitted that some of their reps misinterpreted the guildelines. The 100 OBC was reinstated and I received 3 price drops for a total drop over $600. The $100 was reinstated and reappeared on my INVOICE where it remains. I pursued this issue after hearing from several Cruise Critics who encountered the same problem. I have the Military rate with the $100 OBC. Note that my TA even said the OBC would be lost but after they contacted Carnival and pursued the issue, the OBC was reinstated. Just don't give in because the confusion results where the Carnival Rep considers the buy a cruise on a cruise credit the same of the Future Cruise Certificate which have been discontinued.

I hope this helps with those with the same issue.

I actually have $200 on board credit but if I change I would lose $100 of it because it was a vifp sale promo I'm booked on. I would keep my fcc $100 on board credit though.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Edited by TeresaJ

I emailed my PVP last night, today we got another price drop, THANKS for the reminder to look. We've gotten $370 off our Lido baclony so far, a month still to go before final payment is due. With the promo that we had and price drops, we're down to paying $391 for each of us,taxes included YAY!!!

Thanks, DH is just submitting our ES form. :D

Actually, just read the fine print, and we'd forfeit our OBC for booking onboard. Don't see how this should effect price drops. Isn't that why you book ES. Little mad right now.

Carnival staff told me that too but I argued I should NOT lose OBC for booking on board, she got a supervisor and I did NOT lose it. Glad you got it fixed!

Got $100 off my April cruise!

Edited by crusinpsychRN