Booking on carnival website/booking on the phone.

sims1

If you found a price online and then called to book it, the price would be the same. A common mistake people make is they accidentally put in 3 people when they meant to put in 2. If you think you are right and they are wrong, go through the booking process again and screen shot the information.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

That's weird, can you book it online?

Also when you looked online was that the total price(taxes, fees, tips, possibly insurance and transfers, etc...) or just cruise price? It's possible you didn't look at the final price which may be what they quoted on the phone.

Also when you looked online was that the total price(taxes, fees, tips, possibly insurance and transfers, etc...) or just cruise price? It's possible you didn't look at the final price which may be what they quoted on the phone.

I did this once, not realizing that they had included all the fees and taxes. If you do a mock booking through the website, it will show you the total cost.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That's what I wondered too. Also, the lowest price is really a start number. All prices go up from the lowest number for that category which is in the least popular area.

That's what I wondered too. Also, the lowest price is really a start number. All prices go up from the lowest number for that category which is in the least popular area.

That's a good point, especially if you're looking at interior rooms as the listed price is usually for a 1A, which might be fine for some people, but doesn't really work for us.

The Carnival reps will always quote the highest fare rate first... that is just a starting point.

Before you call do a mock booking. Go all the way to the point it is time to break out the credit card. Leave that open on the computer.

Next bring up the deck plans, (CC has excellent ones). Leave that open on your computer on another window. I NEVER book a cabin without knowing exactly where it is and what is around it.

NOW call Carnival. You have all the information at your hands to intelligently negotiate the best options for your cruise. Remember, you do not necessarily qualify for ALL fare rates... investigate before callling.

Good luck! :)

A lot of people don't go far enough into the mock booking to see the price increase as deck and location changes. The cheapest cabins are usually deck 1 or 2 and all the way forward. When I ask for deck 6 midship I usually pay an extra premium of $4 to $6.

Thats hard to believe.

Not really. Just last night I found a price drop for my category on Carnival.com. I called Carnival to confirm my cabin category to submit for the price drop and the phone agent did not see the drop on her end. She stated the rate for my 9C cabin had not changed and the price she was seeing was for a 7C cabin. I told her the website was showing a lower price, she told me to fill out the form and note the difference I was seeing and submit it.

The agent mentioned that there are sometimes differences between what we can see on the website vs. what the agent see's on their computer.

Based on what has happened when I have had to call Carnival I am not surprised.

Carnival does have it's snafus but more often than not it's the end user that screws the pooch, not Carnival.

If people pay attention to what they're actually doing and understand how the system works, it's amazing how many fewer problems arise.

I did the mock booking and I did not include the insurance or tips. I always pay the tips when i'm onboard the ship. They quoted me the price with insurance, tips, and the price that was not a early saver. I will pull up my screen on my computer and call them. That's a good idea. Thanks

sims1