Celebrity website

TorontoSailor

Apologies in advance if anyone has already asked this, but is anyone else having trouble with the dog's breakfast that is the Celebrity website?

I have been trying to explore and book some shore excursions for an upcoming cruise, and it is totally uncooperative. It either shows me stuff that is not for my cruise at all, or else freezes up entirely, prohibiting me from looking or booking.

What the heck is going on?

If I were a shareholder, I'd be pretty upset about this. Can't imagine how much lost revenue it will result in.

Does anyone have any work-arounds and/or suggestions?

Thanks.

Nearly everyone who tries to use it has trouble at one time or another.

We wish we knew what the heck was going on and why they can't fix it.

Sometimes waiting a couple of days helps, or calling Captain's Club (if you are a past cruiser on Celebrity). If you used a travel agent, sometimes they can get printouts when the website is uncooperative.

We feel your pain.

Apologies in advance if anyone has already asked this, but is anyone else having trouble with the dog's breakfast that is the Celebrity website?

I have been trying to explore and book some shore excursions for an upcoming cruise, and it is totally uncooperative. It either shows me stuff that is not for my cruise at all, or else freezes up entirely, prohibiting me from looking or booking.

What the heck is going on?

If I were a shareholder, I'd be pretty upset about this. Can't imagine how much lost revenue it will result in.

Does anyone have any work-arounds and/or suggestions?

Thanks.

This has been an issue for quite some time. Actually I wouldn't feed a dog a breakfast as poor as that website. :D

Anyhow, if you really want to book a Celebrity excursion, call your travel agent. Or call Celebrity directly. One assumes they are losing quite a bit of money since most people can't even see the excursions, much less book them.

I can't even get into my booked cruise. I can see the one that has a final payment due this week but not the one leaving in 11 days. Missing out of the fun of exploring the excursions, etc. I can't even sign up for the meet and mingle. I have called Celebrity and they are very polite but act like this is all new to them. Interesting.

Edited by lais

When logging into My Celebrity over the past month or so, the majority of the time I can log in, but when I try in any manner to manage my listed reservation, I get the following messages:

"We are unable to handle your request due to system maintenance. Please try again later."

and

"Exception while executing Cruise API Txn : null"

This would happen for 4 or 5 days in a row and then would go away for a few days, only to return. Right now, we are in the bad portion of our relationship. Very frustrating.

It's 2013. How difficult can it be to put up a functional, user-friendly website? I find this immensely frustrating, and indicative of a worrying trend with Celebrity: Lots of cutting corners and the left hand not talking to the right. When I called the other day to try to upgrade Waves Classic Drink Package Promotion to Premium, the woman on the phone did not even know if she was able to do that! She was pleasant enough, but this company seems to be developing some REALLY SERIOUS internal communications problems. Where is the leadership/management? Time to stop dropping the ball, IMHO.