New MSC Divina traveller app

Norwegian Cruiser 73

Is the messaging on the app private to the person you are sending it to? Or is it more like a huge ship wide chat room?

On-board app in six languages connects guests to a world of wonders

26 November 2013. MSC Cruises is dedicated to using the latest technological advancements to continually improve levels of service, making sure that travellers can connect effortlessly with the company at every stage, whether they’re in the process of booking their cruise or fine-tuning the details once on board.

The latest example of this is the MSC Divina Traveler Web App, a new app designed to enhance the mobile experience of guests enjoying MSC Divina’s Caribbean itineraries.

Completely free to download and to use on board while the ship is sailing, the app is available in the company’s six official languages (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish) and provides guests with up-to-date information about the ship, route, conditions at sea and in ports of call, promotions in the ship’s various shops and boutiques, as well as activities and special events on board. Travelers can even update their agendas with the events they cannot miss!

The app also allows users to reserve a wide range of services on board, from booking a table in the ship’s thematic restaurants, Eataly Steakhouse, Ristorante Italia and Galaxy, to saving a seat on popular shore excursions, without having to queue up at the excursion desk.

Guests can use the app to chat with people they are traveling with, find new friends during their cruise, share their cruise experience with other connected passengers, and check-in and check-out of the various public spaces on board.

For instant access to a world of information and new connections, and all for free, travelers on board can now connect to MSC Divina Traveler and live their cruise to the full!

I would like to think you would be able to send a message just to one recipient so long as they have the app running on their phone as well.

• 2 weeks later...
We used a similar app, iConciere, on NCL Epic. It also was free & we were able to text each other on-board. Reception wasn't always perfect, but it was a good program.

I don't think you'll run into reception (wi-fi signal) issues on Divina. We had full bar wi-fi signal on our phones almost everywhere on the ship. Even better, is the download speed of their network,,I clocked 6megs down, which is stellar speed on a ship.

• 2 months later...
It is aviable in the Mediterranean also?

It was available on Preziosa in August. However, I had no luck when trying to use it. If I remember correctly you had to "sign in" to it every day. In my book, life (the cruise, anyway) is too short to chase these things up. I probably gave up too easily as I never had use for it.

It was available on Preziosa in August. However, I had no luck when trying to use it. If I remember correctly you had to "sign in" to it every day. In my book, life (the cruise, anyway) is too short to chase these things up. I probably gave up too easily as I never had use for it.

Correction: I confused the ship's app with the app Gambee mentioned in her review - I didn't try out the MSC one as I had downloaded the Ripple app which is the one I didn't have any luck with.:o

Has anyone onboard tested this new app using a Kindle Fire? The Kindle does get a WiFi signal, but only works with its own browser.

(One of those rare birds who does not have nor want a mobile phone.)

Am I cynical to think that MSC will end up selling a LOT more data packages with this new app. The app itself might be free, but once people start taking out their devices they just might want to start checking e-mail, posting on Facebook, etc. :o

On any ship there is no charge to actually connect to their Wifi network. k (remember there is no charge to do that).

Hope this helps and attached are a few pictures of the app.

Ernie

13548072793_88e9e36422_z.jpg

Hi Ernie, I couldn't understand how this was supposed to work on my cruise. Your "it's free to connect to the internet" message might be better received if we didn't see the $44.90 charge right there on your phone. :D

I guess I'm just technologically challenged. :o

Hi Ernie, I couldn't understand how this was supposed to work on my cruise. Your "it's free to connect to the internet" message might be better received if we didn't see the $44.90 charge right there on your phone. :D

That is the million dollar question that many of us are asking. It still looks like the app is free, but the WiFi minutes might not be. (And it also appears that this app is mostly a way to spend money by making it easier to access paid services.)

That is the million dollar question that many of us are asking. It still looks like the app is free, but the WiFi minutes might not be. (And it also appears that this app is mostly a way to spend money by making it easier to access paid services.)

You DO NOT have to pay for Wifi to get or use this app. Just follow the directions once you are on board.

While the app is obviously going to make spending money on the cruse easier - there are many ways that it is helpful to the passengers as well. The chat feature is useful in itself since it can help you keep in touch with people when you separate on the ship. But also, the daily schedule is on it which tells you all the events, times and locations. Also, it can help you find where things are located. Many people like having the on-board account info at there fingertips so that they can see how their budget is holding up.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

YES the app is free and the use of it free. I'm guessing ERNIE has decided to purchase a internet pack to use other features. Not the app.