1-2-3 Press release for Black Friday

dkjretired

Have now confirmed bookings under the UK offer (Caribbean cruises) so got free beverage and also paid for A2 and got 2 mid ships hump A1 cabins.

Also managed to get a price similar to a US price in the UK

(which takes out the worry of the impact of changing exchange rates on the final price).

Since I now have the next 5 cruises with the beverage package I suspect that I may look at selling the RCL shares since I never can use the shareholder benefit.

Gordon

Just had my travel agent call just to see if it would benefit me, given I had the PYP benefit and Facebook OBC, but do have a third person traveling with us. Not for now! It would have cost 400 for 386 in benefits. Will continue to watch prices.

25 CC bonus points, but, only for aqua class and above. We will certainly hear more complaints about that. :D

maxsales - Where did you see this. My TA email doesn't specify it.

Free Classic non-alcoholic beverage package

38 minutes free internet

Gordon - The email from my TA says that 3rd and 4th receive one or the other, not both. :confused:

You get 2 of the 3 main offers for a European Cruise and one out of 3 for the rest of the world. If you have 3rd or 4th guests you also get :-

What about New Zealand and Australia? 1 or 2 perks?

Sorry! What I really should have said was that I duplicated a post that was already made. :) Unfortunately, once you hit the "submit" button, there is no way to delete it.

:D

I may look at selling the RCL shares since I never can use the shareholder benefit.

Gordon

I know what you mean about the difficulty actually using that benefit, but thankfully owning RCL stock has been a benefit in its own right! :) [it's a good thing I have gotten a few CCL shareholder discounts, because I'm in the red on that stock. :(]

I wonder if they will let those of us that already have a cruise booked, add these incentives on like they have done in the past. I realize that one would have to pay the going rate. We have 3 cruises booked.

My TA just confirmed that she was able to add this to my existing booking, but she warned me that getting the paperwork from Celebrity may take a while.

I did lose the Captains Club discount and probably won't qualify for shareholder either. Celebrity is very strict about one discount per booking.

I know what you mean about the difficulty actually using that benefit, but thankfully owning RCL stock has been a benefit in its own right! :) [it's a good thing I have gotten a few CCL shareholder discounts, because I'm in the red on that stock. :(]

Did you book your cruise before Aug 1, 2013?

If you booked after that date, your TA is wrong, I just called X and found that the Cruise we booked while on board the Century in Oct, 2013 would qualify for 1 additional Promo. We keep our $350 OBC (future cruise passage), we get 25 additional credit points (in AQ class or above), we choose the classic beverage package. The fare was the same, and X had to re price, that is worth the additional 25 CC points. I did not ask about a 1 class up grade, we have AQ2, the AQ1 cabins available on our sailing are mid ship, below the pool and other public areas, and I am not interested in sliding chairs and noise. BUT we booked on board and after Aug 1, 2013!

Two months ago I booked a Celebrity Suite on a November 2014 Panama Canal cruise. Wanting the drinks package in this 1-2-3 deal, I looked to see if there were any rooms in the same suite catagory (with the idea like many others have suggested of cancelling and re-booking). There happened to be ONE Celebrity Suite left on that same cruise however it was exactly $1000 MORE than it was when I booked it in September! (I have my invoice printed out in front of me, and looked very carefully) So that "free gift" would have cost me WAY more than I would have paid for it - please be very careful about cancelling and re-booking - that "gift" may cost you a lot extra in the end! (I may repeat this post in some other threads!)

Are you from the U.S.? Then they will let you, or just apply the incentives to your booking.

My TA just confirmed that she was able to add this to my existing booking, but she warned me that getting the paperwork from Celebrity may take a while.

I did lose the Captains Club discount and probably won't qualify for shareholder either. Celebrity is very strict about one discount per booking.

If you booked after that date, your TA is wrong, I just called X and found that the Cruise we booked while on board the Century in Oct, 2013 would qualify for 1 additional Promo. We keep our $350 OBC (future cruise passage), we get 25 additional credit points (in AQ class or above), we choose the classic beverage package. The fare was the same, and X had to re price, that is worth the additional 25 CC points. I did not ask about a 1 class up grade, we have AQ2, the AQ1 cabins available on our sailing are mid ship, below the pool and other public areas, and I am not interested in sliding chairs and noise. BUT we booked on board and after Aug 1, 2013!

We have the incentives for booking onboard, plus one of our cruises has gone up in price, so probably not worth trying to change.

I originally booked in Apr. 2013, but I'm still confused by your post. I was able to get the 1-2-3 benefit on my booking. What I couldn't do was keep the Captains Club discount from my original booking (which was only worth $100 pp anyway).

Now I understand why my travel agent (politely) implied that booking a Celebrity cruise was totally nuts. I agree with desertcreature - be very careful what you do! My cruise went up, and I booked less than a week ago! Yes, I could rebook, but it would only get me $14 in onboard credit, and that's not much of an incentive to me to rebook. Some promotion! Really, for that matter, in my mind, all this Black Friday stuff is a big ripoff unless you know what you're doing. There was just a piece on the news which compared some "sale" prices today to prices for the same thing, same store, around Veterans Day, and many of the "sales" today were not sales!

Iamthesea, you probably figured this out, but "European cruises" refers to cruises in Europe, not European cruisers!

Edited by roothy123

I found this on Celebrity's web site:

What is your Best Price Guarantee?

Our Celebrity Best Price Guarantee ensures that you will enjoy the lowest advertised rate on your cruise fare and your preferred promotional offer. If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found, and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).

The Celebrity Best Price Guarantee (the “Guarantee”) is available to guests in the United States and Canada who have booked a Celebrity cruise or cruise tour on or after June 3, 2013. If your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have a lower cruise fare or a promotional offer advertised to the general public applied to your booking. The lower cruise fare and/or promotional offer must apply to the same cruise (defined as same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests). You can submit a request using the Best Price Guarantee Claim Form to apply the lower cruise fare or promotional offer to your booking. Cruise fare savings is applied to booking as onboard credit. The onboard credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit as of 10 PM on the last night of the cruise will be forfeited. New promotion must be combinable with existing booking; non-combinable promotional components will not be applied. Additional terms and conditions apply. Visit celebritycruises.com/bestpriceguarantee for complete program details. The Celebrity Best Price Guarantee program may be discontinued or changed at any time without notice.

Like a lot of things on the web site, the wording is a bit vague, so I don't know if it will be helpful to anyone. (Maybe there is more info on the bestpriceguarantee link?) However, I just thought I'd pass it on.

The 25 bonus captains club points are only if you book aqua or above according to the Captains Club even though it was not mentioned in the press release. :mad:

We have an AQ1 on one of the cruises, but that's the one that went up $200pp since we switched to it a few weeks ago.

Iamthesea, you probably figured this out, but "European cruises" refers to cruises in Europe, not European cruisers!

HUH? I have no idea what you are referring to. :confused:

Today we were able to get our Jan 4 2015 Eclipse reservation converted over to the 123Go! promo with no fare increase. We had a $150 Capt Club credit from an earlier promotion that got sacrificed.

Technically, I do not know for sure as my TA did not say and we have an FV cabin whose fare (pricing) is not available for me to see on-line at least to this point.

However I can tell you that the none of the other cabin category fares on our sailing have changed since we booked this cruise in October based on what I have seen on-line. From that, I presume this was true for our FV.

Edited by mahdnc

Most of the concerns expressed here were covered in the "fine print" of the new 1-2-3 Go offer:

* Offer requires oceanview or higher stateroom booking

* The first two guests in a qualifying booking for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options, and one of these options for all other sailings. (The options offered, i.e. beverage package, OBC, or prepaid gratuities.)

* Captain's Club Member Offers apply to new individual and named group bookings made Nov. 29 - Dec. 31, 2013. Classic Captain's Club Members and above are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club Points for Aqua Class and above stateroom bookings. CC Members are also eligible for a 50% reduced deposit offer on individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by February 28, 2014.

The other question about European cruises vs. Europeans - they meant people vs. cruises. Applies just to the cruises! :)

Edited by gimletgal

As far as I know, there was never a question - from me - about Europeans vs. European cruises. That's why I am puzzled by the statement. :rolleyes:

Also, I did not get a fine print in the email from my TA source. ;)

My question was ...Since New Zealand and Australia are not technically part of Europe, are they included in the "Europe Pick Two". The reason I asked is because of the email I received. It was worded as so:

Reserve a Mediterranean/Europe vacation, and you may choose two of the three offers.

And then it showed this:

Australia and New Zealand. Plan a bucket list adventure with Celebrity Cruises. Depart from Sydney or Auckland for 7 to 14-nights aboard the Celebrity Century or Celebrity Solstice for your dream vacation. Visit Melbourne, New Caledonia, Wellington, Bay of Islands and more on these interesting itineraries. Ocean View staterooms from $999, Balconies from $1,299 plus take advantage of the 1, 2, 3 promotion for onboard extras.

mahdnc - Since your FV isn't showing, it was either sold out (so no pricing) or the FV's are being held for families needed them. If the other categories pricing has not changed, and because your cruise is so far out, I believe you are correct that the pricing had not changed for your stateroom. I just wasn't sure of your original statement. :)

Edited by Iamthesea

As far as I know, there was never a question - from me - about Europeans vs. European cruises. That's why I am puzzled by the statement. :rolleyes:

Also, I did not get a fine print in the email from my TA source. ;)

My question was ...Since New Zealand and Australia are not technically part of Europe, are they included in the "Europe Pick Two". The reason I asked is because of the email I received. It was worded as so:

And then it showed this:

mahdnc - Since your FV isn't showing, it was either sold out (so no pricing) or the FV's are being held for families needed them. If the other categories pricing has not changed, and because your cruise is so far out, I believe you are correct that the pricing had not changed for your stateroom. I just wasn't sure of your original statement. :)

Hi Iamthesea. Sorry, I just went back and found my response wasn't worded well, or possibly you were just using a quote from someone else. In any case, I suppose clarification doesn't even matter at this point, since all the official details (I guess) have come out to make things clearer - maybe?! The 123 promotion was even advertised in the local paper this weekend - guess that will help fill some cabins!