My ship is late :(

rrraydon

Got this email:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL PRIDE

DECEMBER 1, 2013

November 30, 2013

Hi there:

We're sure you are very excited about your cruise tomorrow. So, we'd like to take a moment of your time to provide you with some important information regarding our embarkation plans.

We're sorry to say that we encountered rough weather conditions on the return of our previous sailing and, as a result, our arrival tomorrow morning will be delayed. We anticipate the Carnival Pride to be alongside at approximately 10:00 AM.

For your comfort and convenience, since seating and parking are limited, we ask that you please not make your way to the cruise terminal prior to 2:00 PM. This will allow for guests from the prior cruise to make their way out of the terminal.

Your check-in is scheduled between 2:00 PM and 3:30 PM, and we will set sail shortly thereafter. At this time, we do not anticipate any impact to our scheduled itinerary.

We apologize for this unexpected weather delay and thank you for your understanding. More importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard the beautiful Carnival Pride for a fun and memorable cruise!

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

That's okay though, gives me extra time to make sure I have everything!! Leaving today...FINALLY. Pay no attention to my cruise clock...I have not sailed! LOL

I would probably still get there around noon. Have a great trip.

Oh definately! Coming up the Chesapeake is rough waters on a normal basis..so I hate to see what it's like now. I sure hope they have all the hallways cleaned up and the smell gone by the time we get on...LOL.

Oh definately! Coming up the Chesapeake is rough waters on a normal basis..so I hate to see what it's like now. I sure hope they have all the hallways cleaned up and the smell gone by the time we get on...LOL.

Hope things calm down once you get out to sea

Hmm- the Pride has been late a few times lately. I guess it's just rough seas but still seems a bit strange that it has happened to the last few cruises. I was on Pride on Nov. 10-17 and the cruise before us was late and we were late also.

I agree..I would have left by now (it's a 2.5hr drive) but I think I'll have another cup of coffee and tidy up a bit more.

Sorry about the ships late arrival. Almost makes you feel you lost part of a day! Please let us know all the details. Were you able to get fttf?

We just got off the Pride earlier today. They told us yesterday afternoon that we would be delayed getting back to Baltimore because of strong winds and undercurrent. I think we arrived back a little after 10am but I didn't get off the ship until almost 11:30 and we were in debarkation zone 1. We were even delayed leaving out on 11/24 because the prior cruise encountered the same delays.

So how was it for the people on the cruise ships that were late? Was it really rough seas for you guys?

Not bad at all. Sadly, the wind did prevent us from doing some of the activities we anticipated doing, but we didn't miss any ports, and the rocking was no more pronounced than most other cruises I've been on.

my friend dropped her sister off around 1 and said the parking was a nightmare. I guess that was probably why.

have a great cruise

I feel for her. We arrived at 10:30am for the 11/24 sailing, and the line for parking was only just starting the stack up because of the delaying disembarkment of the cruise before us. It wasn't too bad, but I can imagine it was terrible by lunchtime. It seemed our sailing disembarked even later than the one before us. We were in zone 14 and didn't get off the ship until about 1:00.

For those of us leaving, it was a breeze.