Ventura Med Fly Cruises - Massive Discounting by agent. How?

kevinyork

There are other options in rail travel to Venice other than the overnight sleeper. Five options listed here to make the travel to Venice as part of the holiday.

http://www.seat61.com/Italy.htm#London%20to%20Bologna,%20Florence,%20Rome,%20Naples

Another option is travel by car. There is parking for cruise passengers at Venice.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

I didn't know that PO had made any price pledges for next year.

There is the select fare, which stays the same and you get everything,

There is the early saver which costs less but with restrictions,

Then there is the no name as yet fare but they covered themselves by saying that there would be additional promotions during the year on certain cruises.

Sue

You have select fares

You have early saver fares

You have additional promotions

If these cheap deals are true it makes a mockery of the above fare structure. They are affering cruises on lots of dates up to September next year, that is 9 months away!. Additional promotions 9 MONTHS before the sailing date. At knock down prices less than select fare purchasers have been paying. Just where in all this mess is the incentive to book early?

Everyone should wait as long as possible in the confident knowledge that, faced with a half empty ship, P&O will start dumping cabins at knock down prices, in this case 9 MONTHS before the cruise.

The whole fiasco just looks like another cynical marketing ploy to me.

As i have a 'select' fare on Ventura next summer where is my free upgrade to a superior balcony then? They should give that to me and sell my previous cabin at knock down price, NOT SELL SUPERIOR CABINS AT PRICES LOWER THAN I HAVE PAID and yes i am shouting:mad::mad::mad:

There are other options in rail travel to Venice other than the overnight sleeper. Five options listed here to make the travel to Venice as part of the holiday.

http://www.seat61.com/Italy.htm#London%20to%20Bologna,%20Florence,%20Rome,%20Naples

Another option is travel by car. There is parking for cruise passengers at Venice.

Brian

I've driven to Venice twice to pick up a cruise and it is a fabulous way to do it. Parking is easy and you can take as much luggage as you like. I also stock the wine cellar up on the way home!:)

You have select fares

You have early saver fares

You have additional promotions

If these cheap deals are true it makes a mockery of the above fare structure. They are affering cruises on lots of dates up to September next year, that is 9 months away!. Additional promotions 9 MONTHS before the sailing date. At knock down prices less than select fare purchasers have been paying. Just where in all this mess is the incentive to book early?

Everyone should wait as long as possible in the confident knowledge that, faced with a half empty ship, P&O will start dumping cabins at knock down prices, in this case 9 MONTHS before the cruise.

The whole fiasco just looks like another cynical marketing ploy to me.

As i have a 'select' fare on Ventura next summer where is my free upgrade to a superior balcony then? They should give that to me and sell my previous cabin at knock down price, NOT SELL SUPERIOR CABINS AT PRICES LOWER THAN I HAVE PAID and yes i am shouting:mad::mad::mad:

Are P&O offering these prices or a rogue TA. Or is it all TA's.

Are P&O offering these prices or a rogue TA. Or is it all TA's.

I can't see how a travel agent could go it alone and offer these deals given they only have 7.5% commission to play with. It's reminiscent of the bulk buying some US agents do where in return for a guaranteed volume of bookings the cruise line give them discounted prices.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I can't see how a travel agent could go it alone and offer these deals given they only have 7.5% commission to play with. It's reminiscent of the bulk buying some US agents do where in return for a guaranteed volume of bookings the cruise line give them discounted prices.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

But this is exactly what the company did not want. They wanted control over there prices. It seems very odd to me that it should be one company only, selling these cruises at such low prices.

I have seen Feb / March fly both ways Caribbean cruises with P&O already advertised at 1299 for a getaway balcony. I wouldn't be surprised to see these at 999 in a month or so time.

I really hope that the new fare structure works for P&O and that loyal passengers booked on vantage fares are receiving complimentary upgrades on these cruises even if the vantage fare hasn't reduced.

Edited by Marym1

You can go on a train, very fast now overnight to Venice, and not that expensive. I have read the details somewhere in the last 2 month. Morning arrival in Venice so no hotels needed.

Just a thought.

We've actually travelled by train to join cruises in the past - to Barcelona, Rome and Venice, but from our neck of the woods it's not worth it for a 7 day cruise. We'd have to get to Edinburgh then London then Paris then Venice. It's quite pricey too if you have a 2-berth cabin instead of just a recliner and this would of course be in addition to so not for us this time. BUT think it's a great deal and good luck to anybody who does it.

I've looked at this travel agent before.

They were offering a very cheap deal with NCL - but they hadn't included the "extras"

Booking fee £16 per person

Baggage £38 per person

Transfers £35 per person

All these "extras" were compulsory - not optional - and the flights were with a low-cost operator, not a P&O charter.

Flights were only available from Southend - other airports also carried a supplement.

Maybe that helps explain…..

I've looked at this travel agent before.

They were offering a very cheap deal with NCL - but they hadn't included the "extras"

Booking fee £16 per person

Baggage £38 per person

Transfers £35 per person

All these "extras" were compulsory - not optional - and the flights were with a low-cost operator, not a P&O charter.

Flights were only available from Southend - other airports also carried a supplement.

Maybe that helps explain…..

But even if that was the case those charges are £89. That doesnt equate to the discount.

I had a quote from them earlier in the year and there is a lot of add ons, so much so I didn't go ahead and book as I was miffed they were advertising at a low cost and then add ons which was a big disappointment. Still a good deal for the Ventura though.